ForceWare 270.61 Drivers and Gigabyte Gtx 560 ti OC
Hi everybody, I bougth a Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti OC card two months ago. I am using the 266.44 drivers (the ones that came with the dvd)
I read that in this model, the driver crashes (no matter which version you have, 266.66, 266.77) every time you play a heavy game (like Crysis at full specs) and I could check it by myself when this problem happened to me.
Because of that and some research in this forum, I decided to downclock my card with the "MSI Afterburner" to its original specs (Core clock: 822mhz, Memory clock: 1900mhz) and this solve my driver crashing problem.

Now I´ve realized that a new driver version is available (Forceware 270.61), [b]and just wanted to know if this new version fixes the crashing problem with this card.[/b]

I paid for an overclocked card and I want to use that overclock. Like I'm in Peru (sorry for my terrible English), returning the product is not a cheap option for me =(

PSU: 650W
SO: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
Hi everybody, I bougth a Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti OC card two months ago. I am using the 266.44 drivers (the ones that came with the dvd)

I read that in this model, the driver crashes (no matter which version you have, 266.66, 266.77) every time you play a heavy game (like Crysis at full specs) and I could check it by myself when this problem happened to me.

Because of that and some research in this forum, I decided to downclock my card with the "MSI Afterburner" to its original specs (Core clock: 822mhz, Memory clock: 1900mhz) and this solve my driver crashing problem.

Now I´ve realized that a new driver version is available (Forceware 270.61), and just wanted to know if this new version fixes the crashing problem with this card.

I paid for an overclocked card and I want to use that overclock. Like I'm in Peru (sorry for my terrible English), returning the product is not a cheap option for me =(

PSU: 650W

SO: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Posted 04/24/2011 05:56 AM   
I would doubt that drivers could address this issue. It sounds to me like the card's heat sink(s) are not attached correctly leading to overheating issues when you play graphically intensive games. Or you could have some marginal components on the board contributing to the instability at slight OCs.

I'd open a support case with Gigabyte for RMA if it were me.
I would doubt that drivers could address this issue. It sounds to me like the card's heat sink(s) are not attached correctly leading to overheating issues when you play graphically intensive games. Or you could have some marginal components on the board contributing to the instability at slight OCs.

I'd open a support case with Gigabyte for RMA if it were me.

mikehd

i5 760

Asus P7P55D-E LX

PNY XLR8 GTX 570

4x2GB Patriot DDR3

Corsair CMPSU-650TX

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 SP1

Posted 04/24/2011 03:12 PM   
I have the exact same card, 2 of them in fact, but when I was running just 1, I had no problems with the 266.44 that come with them or the 270.61 I'm on now.

as already requested, the rest of the system specs would be helpful, including make and model of the power supply..
I have the exact same card, 2 of them in fact, but when I was running just 1, I had no problems with the 266.44 that come with them or the 270.61 I'm on now.

as already requested, the rest of the system specs would be helpful, including make and model of the power supply..

ASUS P7P55D-Pro / i5-750 @ 4.0ghz H70 / Sparkle GTX580 SLI / 16G Kingston 1600 / XFI Platinum / 24" LCD x 3 / Lightning-1000w

Posted 04/25/2011 08:56 AM   
Does not seem like it would be a driver problem, especially of downclocking it solved the problem. Since you have MSI Afterburner, you can monitor your GPU temperature. What temp is the GPU at under heavy gaming? Although There seem to be a lot of posts on this forum about Gigabyte 560's having problems with the overclock that was solved by downclocking.
Does not seem like it would be a driver problem, especially of downclocking it solved the problem. Since you have MSI Afterburner, you can monitor your GPU temperature. What temp is the GPU at under heavy gaming? Although There seem to be a lot of posts on this forum about Gigabyte 560's having problems with the overclock that was solved by downclocking.

GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD7-B3 with I7 2600K

8 gigs G.Skill RipJaw memory

COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold 1000W PSU

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Crucial RealSSD C300 128 GB SSD

3 Western Digital 7200 RPM Sata drives

Two MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC in SLI

Asus VG236H 23" Monitor

Nvidia 3d Glasses

Posted 04/25/2011 05:41 PM   
[quote name='lndianScout' date='25 April 2011 - 03:56 AM' timestamp='1303721779' post='1230002']
[/quote]
Hum...

Here are my specs:

Procesador: Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 GHz
Placa Madre: Gigabyte GA-X58-USB3
Memoria RAM: Kingston 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1333 MHz
Tarjeta de Video: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC
Disco Duro: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM
Fuente de Poder: Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 650W
Sistema Operativo: Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 64-bit
Monitor: LG Flatron E2350V 23''

I bougth everything in my country (Peru), except the video card, of course.

[quote name='Yankee' date='25 April 2011 - 12:41 PM' timestamp='1303753288' post='1230163']
[/quote]
I havent checked the crashing temperature, but I can tell you that is REALLY HOT, I guess it reaches almost 99°C... I will check it asap, I have a test in a few hours.. /rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />
Yes, LOTS of posts about this model, and the only way they fix the problem is by downclocking it. As far as is know, they were using 266.66 drivers. I have no idea if these new drivers (270.61) will work and fix this crashing.
[quote name='lndianScout' date='25 April 2011 - 03:56 AM' timestamp='1303721779' post='1230002']

Hum...

Here are my specs:

Procesador: Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 GHz

Placa Madre: Gigabyte GA-X58-USB3

Memoria RAM: Kingston 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1333 MHz

Tarjeta de Video: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC

Disco Duro: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM

Fuente de Poder: Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 650W

Sistema Operativo: Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 64-bit

Monitor: LG Flatron E2350V 23''

I bougth everything in my country (Peru), except the video card, of course.

[quote name='Yankee' date='25 April 2011 - 12:41 PM' timestamp='1303753288' post='1230163']

I havent checked the crashing temperature, but I can tell you that is REALLY HOT, I guess it reaches almost 99°C... I will check it asap, I have a test in a few hours.. /rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Yes, LOTS of posts about this model, and the only way they fix the problem is by downclocking it. As far as is know, they were using 266.66 drivers. I have no idea if these new drivers (270.61) will work and fix this crashing.

Posted 04/30/2011 05:00 PM   
[quote name='asword' date='30 April 2011 - 12:30 PM' timestamp='1304182857' post='1232058']

[/quote]

99C is too hot, and could cause some crashes IMO. I have seen my primary GPU reach mid 70's if run at near 100% load for hours, and I do not even like that. Set it back to stock speeds and see what the temp difference is. You need to look at the airflow of your case, find a way to cool it down.
[quote name='asword' date='30 April 2011 - 12:30 PM' timestamp='1304182857' post='1232058']

99C is too hot, and could cause some crashes IMO. I have seen my primary GPU reach mid 70's if run at near 100% load for hours, and I do not even like that. Set it back to stock speeds and see what the temp difference is. You need to look at the airflow of your case, find a way to cool it down.

GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD7-B3 with I7 2600K

8 gigs G.Skill RipJaw memory

COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold 1000W PSU

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Crucial RealSSD C300 128 GB SSD

3 Western Digital 7200 RPM Sata drives

Two MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC in SLI

Asus VG236H 23" Monitor

Nvidia 3d Glasses

Posted 05/02/2011 03:04 PM   
[quote name='Yankee' date='02 May 2011 - 10:04 AM' timestamp='1304348697' post='1232641']
Set it back to stock speeds and see what the temp difference is. You need to look at the airflow of your case, find a way to cool it down.
[/quote]

I cheched my data after downclocking the card and according to MSI Afterburner:

GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Forceware 270.61
Max GPU Temperature: 95 °C
Max GPU Usage: 99%
Max Fan Speed: 100%
Max Fan Tachometer: 3690 RPM

I downclocked it at Core Clock 822MHz, Shader Clock 1644MHz, Memory Clock 1900 MHz, and I have also opened mi case.

I have played ALL my games at full settings without problem with this new config, but I really want to use those 900MHZ....!!!
[quote name='Yankee' date='02 May 2011 - 10:04 AM' timestamp='1304348697' post='1232641']

Set it back to stock speeds and see what the temp difference is. You need to look at the airflow of your case, find a way to cool it down.

I cheched my data after downclocking the card and according to MSI Afterburner:

GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Forceware 270.61

Max GPU Temperature: 95 °C

Max GPU Usage: 99%

Max Fan Speed: 100%

Max Fan Tachometer: 3690 RPM

I downclocked it at Core Clock 822MHz, Shader Clock 1644MHz, Memory Clock 1900 MHz, and I have also opened mi case.

I have played ALL my games at full settings without problem with this new config, but I really want to use those 900MHZ....!!!

Posted 05/04/2011 09:25 PM   
Hi peeps,

Has anyone got any more info on this problem as I seem to be experiencing the same symptoms.

I have 2 Gigabyte geforce gtx 560 TI OC cards and experience crashing when I play graphically intensive games on 3D surround (SLI). I can play lower demanding games such as Left for Dead for an hour or so before it crashes but when I play something like Batman, it takes about 10 minutes until it's freezes and I have to cut the power.

Since reading various posts I have lowered the core clocks to 822MHz and it appears to be stable but haven't tested it sufficiently enough yet. I will post and let you know if this stops the crashing for good.

However, if this does fix it, I've paid for a factory over clocked cards and want to use them at 900MHz. Why would they 1. make a card that couldn't be run at the advertised speeds and 2. a card that overheats big time. I was getting temps of over 100C when it was crashing before the downclocking. And I have quite a good airflow in my Haf 922 case.

Does anyone have any cooling tips for these cards? I read that removing the plastic shroud improved their temps.

Thanks all,

Stu.
Hi peeps,

Has anyone got any more info on this problem as I seem to be experiencing the same symptoms.

I have 2 Gigabyte geforce gtx 560 TI OC cards and experience crashing when I play graphically intensive games on 3D surround (SLI). I can play lower demanding games such as Left for Dead for an hour or so before it crashes but when I play something like Batman, it takes about 10 minutes until it's freezes and I have to cut the power.

Since reading various posts I have lowered the core clocks to 822MHz and it appears to be stable but haven't tested it sufficiently enough yet. I will post and let you know if this stops the crashing for good.

However, if this does fix it, I've paid for a factory over clocked cards and want to use them at 900MHz. Why would they 1. make a card that couldn't be run at the advertised speeds and 2. a card that overheats big time. I was getting temps of over 100C when it was crashing before the downclocking. And I have quite a good airflow in my Haf 922 case.

Does anyone have any cooling tips for these cards? I read that removing the plastic shroud improved their temps.

Thanks all,

Stu.

Posted 07/19/2011 04:43 PM   
Scroll To Top