HDMI to Mitsubishi DLP create flashing black screen in 1080p
I have a Mitsubishi 65" WD-65C9 DLP 1080p HDTV with latest firmware, and when I want from my computer via HDMI or DVI certain high resolution TV show that have been recorded, the screen black out for couple of seconds, then come back in, then start over the cycle for a while.

It happens from two different computers having different NVidia video card.

Mitsubishi took the TV for repair but was unable to reproduce in the shop. Even the Mitsubishi menu disappear when screen become black. It likes the TV doesn't receive any feed anymore.

It does seem in many cases that NVidia is switching the mode, like when I close Microsoft Multimedia Center to go back to PC desktop, I see the TV connection legend, indicating something changed.

If NVidia card is configured to send lower resolution than 1080p to the TV, the problem is not occuring.

It would be nice to know what is wrong:
1- Certain recorded stuff could create the issue, like by MPEG sync, then everything is mix-up
2- NVidia card common chips
3- Nvidia driver
4- Mitsubishi TV

Any idea?
I have a Mitsubishi 65" WD-65C9 DLP 1080p HDTV with latest firmware, and when I want from my computer via HDMI or DVI certain high resolution TV show that have been recorded, the screen black out for couple of seconds, then come back in, then start over the cycle for a while.

It happens from two different computers having different NVidia video card.

Mitsubishi took the TV for repair but was unable to reproduce in the shop. Even the Mitsubishi menu disappear when screen become black. It likes the TV doesn't receive any feed anymore.

It does seem in many cases that NVidia is switching the mode, like when I close Microsoft Multimedia Center to go back to PC desktop, I see the TV connection legend, indicating something changed.

If NVidia card is configured to send lower resolution than 1080p to the TV, the problem is not occuring.

It would be nice to know what is wrong:

1- Certain recorded stuff could create the issue, like by MPEG sync, then everything is mix-up

2- NVidia card common chips

3- Nvidia driver

4- Mitsubishi TV

Any idea?

Posted 04/22/2011 08:05 PM   
Scroll To Top