im trying to perform a silent install with the following options:

perform clean install [/] ticked
nvidia update [x] unticked
physx [/]
3d vision controller driver [x]
graphics driver [/]
3d vision driver [x]
_no restart_

perform clean install is a must as there's a bug where if you silent install without it (even in clean new setups), nvidia control panel won't load. this was at least so in previous 25x.yy-26x.yy versions

im wasting a lot of time having the need to manually install drivers.

please shed some light. thanks
im trying to perform a silent install with the following options:

perform clean install [/] ticked

nvidia update [x] unticked

physx [/]

3d vision controller driver [x]

graphics driver [/]

3d vision driver [x]

_no restart_

perform clean install is a must as there's a bug where if you silent install without it (even in clean new setups), nvidia control panel won't load. this was at least so in previous 25x.yy-26x.yy versions

im wasting a lot of time having the need to manually install drivers.

please shed some light. thanks

Posted 04/21/2011 04:24 AM   
orly?

never been a problem for me. makes you wonder if the issue isnt one of the gimmick additions like 3d surround.
orly?

never been a problem for me. makes you wonder if the issue isnt one of the gimmick additions like 3d surround.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1

Posted 04/21/2011 05:27 AM   
since its never been a problem, how do you do it?

Posted 04/21/2011 08:28 AM   
[quote name='biatche' date='21 April 2011 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1303374510' post='1228298']
[/quote]

[color="#008080"]I take a really safe approach to installing the drivers myself.

1) Boot up in Standard VGA mode.
2) Go to Add/Remove Programs, find the NVidia things and uninstall them one by one starting with the lesser-important things first and doing the driver uninstall last and not rebooting till they're all uninstalled there.
3) Boot up in Standard VGA mode again.
4) Locate new driver file and choose Custom Install, see all the things on the list and leave them all checked so that all components are updated including the things I don't really want to have on my system. Also I choose Clean Install option as well.
5) Reboot up into normal mode, go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall those components I don't want to leave on my system such as the 3D stuff.
6) Reboot up into normal mode again and adjust my driver preferences in NVidia Control Panel.

I've never had any problems with this driver install method. I use this approach because of some past experiences going back to the time when Windows 95 first came out. If you say the driver install takes too much time I'd wanna ask you how often do you install video drivers? It's not that often a new driver comes out. [/color]
[quote name='biatche' date='21 April 2011 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1303374510' post='1228298']

I take a really safe approach to installing the drivers myself.

1) Boot up in Standard VGA mode.

2) Go to Add/Remove Programs, find the NVidia things and uninstall them one by one starting with the lesser-important things first and doing the driver uninstall last and not rebooting till they're all uninstalled there.

3) Boot up in Standard VGA mode again.

4) Locate new driver file and choose Custom Install, see all the things on the list and leave them all checked so that all components are updated including the things I don't really want to have on my system. Also I choose Clean Install option as well.

5) Reboot up into normal mode, go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall those components I don't want to leave on my system such as the 3D stuff.

6) Reboot up into normal mode again and adjust my driver preferences in NVidia Control Panel.

I've never had any problems with this driver install method. I use this approach because of some past experiences going back to the time when Windows 95 first came out. If you say the driver install takes too much time I'd wanna ask you how often do you install video drivers? It's not that often a new driver comes out.

EVGA GTX 780, Haswell 4770K cpu@3.9 GHz, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit, ASUS Maximus VI Hero motherboard, 250 GB SSD drive, 750W PC Power & Cooling power supply, Samsung 46" LED 1080p TV @60Hz, Soundblaster Z PCI-e.

Posted 04/21/2011 02:35 PM   
1. It's a clean bare setup (right after installing windows). There never were any old drivers.
2. I'm talking about silent (unattended) installations.

I am able to perform silent installations, just that they are borked.

Am hoping NVIDIA would comment on this. Old silent installations used to work, but not with 25x.yy++ series. That was when they started using the new installation system.
1. It's a clean bare setup (right after installing windows). There never were any old drivers.

2. I'm talking about silent (unattended) installations.

I am able to perform silent installations, just that they are borked.

Am hoping NVIDIA would comment on this. Old silent installations used to work, but not with 25x.yy++ series. That was when they started using the new installation system.

Posted 04/21/2011 05:35 PM   
biatche:
try this... it has worked for me.

Extract the driver package, which provides you with a setup.exe (and all the required files and folders).
Execute the following...

SETUP.EXE -s -i -noreboot -noeula

This has worked for me with driver package 270.61.

You can find the available installation options listed in the setup.cfg file (open with a text editior / notepad). Should have options listed something like this.
"s" property="SilentInstall"
"prestage" property="PrestageInstall"
"i" property="ReducedUI"
"forcereboot" property="RebootRequired"
"noreboot" property="IgnoreReboot"
"k" property="RebootRequired"
"n" property="IgnoreReboot"
"passive" property="ProgressOnly"
"noeula" property="SkipEula"
"nofinish" property="SkipFinish"

Hope this information helps.
biatche:

try this... it has worked for me.

Extract the driver package, which provides you with a setup.exe (and all the required files and folders).

Execute the following...

SETUP.EXE -s -i -noreboot -noeula

This has worked for me with driver package 270.61.

You can find the available installation options listed in the setup.cfg file (open with a text editior / notepad). Should have options listed something like this.

"s" property="SilentInstall"

"prestage" property="PrestageInstall"

"i" property="ReducedUI"

"forcereboot" property="RebootRequired"

"noreboot" property="IgnoreReboot"

"k" property="RebootRequired"

"n" property="IgnoreReboot"

"passive" property="ProgressOnly"

"noeula" property="SkipEula"

"nofinish" property="SkipFinish"

Hope this information helps.

Posted 06/02/2011 04:18 PM   
thanks

how do we NOT install nvidia update?
thanks

Posted 10/23/2011 11:13 PM   
[quote name='biatche' date='23 October 2011 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1319411607' post='1312709']
thanks

[/quote]

Hi,

Go to the source folder\Display.Update and open DisplayUpdate.nvi in a notepad. Got to the second line and edit deposition="default" to deposition="demand"
and this works not to install updates during silent install. Cheers.
[quote name='biatche' date='23 October 2011 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1319411607' post='1312709']

thanks

Hi,

Go to the source folder\Display.Update and open DisplayUpdate.nvi in a notepad. Got to the second line and edit deposition="default" to deposition="demand"

and this works not to install updates during silent install. Cheers.

Posted 10/28/2011 10:20 PM   
Scroll To Top