3d Blu-ray Problems with Cyberlink
Thought I may ask here as cyberlink are being less then helpful, this may or may not be the right place but I don't know where else to go (and it could be an nvidia issue though I doubt it). I've been trying to watch 3d blu-ray's on cyberlink powerdvd ultra mark II. During the trial I had no issues but with the full version it can't detect a 3d device and when I manually set it still does not work. The tv is a LG PX950 and the 3d still work in games and 3d videos on my hard-drive as well as with 3d on the ps3 and xbox 360. It did work in the trial and am wondering if anyone has any ideas on fixing this. All my drivers are up to date and as it was working I can't see it being a driver issue rather a cyberlink issue (as the trial version had a different 3d area).

I have tried several blu-rays both look like they are displaying the 3d image but my glasses don't get the option to sync with the tv and no warning message comes up that always comes up when watching 3d content. All this 3d blu-rays work when using an external player. Any help would be hugely appreciated.
Thought I may ask here as cyberlink are being less then helpful, this may or may not be the right place but I don't know where else to go (and it could be an nvidia issue though I doubt it). I've been trying to watch 3d blu-ray's on cyberlink powerdvd ultra mark II. During the trial I had no issues but with the full version it can't detect a 3d device and when I manually set it still does not work. The tv is a LG PX950 and the 3d still work in games and 3d videos on my hard-drive as well as with 3d on the ps3 and xbox 360. It did work in the trial and am wondering if anyone has any ideas on fixing this. All my drivers are up to date and as it was working I can't see it being a driver issue rather a cyberlink issue (as the trial version had a different 3d area).

I have tried several blu-rays both look like they are displaying the 3d image but my glasses don't get the option to sync with the tv and no warning message comes up that always comes up when watching 3d content. All this 3d blu-rays work when using an external player. Any help would be hugely appreciated.
Posted 04/19/2011 11:59 PM   
You say the image appears to be in 3D, so sounds like the TV is in the wrong 3D mode, or the glasses aren't working right. CAn you go to the LG menu and see what mode is invoked? Also, look at the 3D pull down menu and see what mode the PDVD10 is showing, and then compare that to the mode shown with the trial version. What patch version are you using for the Cyberlink player?
You say the image appears to be in 3D, so sounds like the TV is in the wrong 3D mode, or the glasses aren't working right. CAn you go to the LG menu and see what mode is invoked? Also, look at the 3D pull down menu and see what mode the PDVD10 is showing, and then compare that to the mode shown with the trial version. What patch version are you using for the Cyberlink player?

Posted 04/20/2011 04:12 AM   
[quote name='roller11' date='20 April 2011 - 05:12 AM' timestamp='1303272724' post='1227632']
[/quote]

I'm using the most recent patch, can't recall the one, but I know I did as it was needed for tron legacy to playback properly. I also have know tested and if I use other programs like TotalMedia Theatre 5 it works with no problem so I can't see it being a tv issue. PDVD10 when I load that menu can't detect anything, the tickbox for enable 3d playback is ticked (if I untick this it doesn't play 3d locked titles asking to put it into a 3d capable player/tv). The same thing happens with games if I forget to disable 3d vision and load up a game on a 2d only screen (switches between two images).
[quote name='roller11' date='20 April 2011 - 05:12 AM' timestamp='1303272724' post='1227632']

I'm using the most recent patch, can't recall the one, but I know I did as it was needed for tron legacy to playback properly. I also have know tested and if I use other programs like TotalMedia Theatre 5 it works with no problem so I can't see it being a tv issue. PDVD10 when I load that menu can't detect anything, the tickbox for enable 3d playback is ticked (if I untick this it doesn't play 3d locked titles asking to put it into a 3d capable player/tv). The same thing happens with games if I forget to disable 3d vision and load up a game on a 2d only screen (switches between two images).
Posted 04/20/2011 05:24 AM   
[quote name='Suntory_Times' date='20 April 2011 - 12:24 AM' timestamp='1303277071' post='1227655']
[/quote]

What's happening through 3D Vision wizard? Which setting is set in TotalMedia 5? My best guess it should be HDMI 1.4 1080P 24?
[quote name='Suntory_Times' date='20 April 2011 - 12:24 AM' timestamp='1303277071' post='1227655']

What's happening through 3D Vision wizard? Which setting is set in TotalMedia 5? My best guess it should be HDMI 1.4 1080P 24?

Posted 04/20/2011 05:39 AM   
[quote name='Pashator_SLI' date='20 April 2011 - 06:39 AM' timestamp='1303277989' post='1227660']
[/quote]

Yep. I have tried setting that in cyberlink and no difference. :(
[quote name='Pashator_SLI' date='20 April 2011 - 06:39 AM' timestamp='1303277989' post='1227660']

Yep. I have tried setting that in cyberlink and no difference. :(
Posted 04/20/2011 12:26 PM   
As for me i experience this issue starting after driver version [b]266.58[/b] and i think it's connected with [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=198566"]this[/url] problem too.
I have Samsung UE40C7000 connected with Belkin HDMI 1.4 cable through Yamaha RX-467 to ASUS GTX280.
Changing cable, video card, removing reciever an connecting directly to TV doesn't resolves this issue.
Rolling back to [b]266.58[/b] driver solves issue with both software.
As for me i experience this issue starting after driver version 266.58 and i think it's connected with this problem too.

I have Samsung UE40C7000 connected with Belkin HDMI 1.4 cable through Yamaha RX-467 to ASUS GTX280.

Changing cable, video card, removing reciever an connecting directly to TV doesn't resolves this issue.

Rolling back to 266.58 driver solves issue with both software.

Posted 04/20/2011 04:17 PM   
I also have a issue with PowerDVD 10 Mark II playing 3D movies once I update it with newer patches. I've even wrote about this issue in other threads in this forum about the same issue.
I'm not sure the issue I have is similar to your, but it might be. I tried to load a BD3D using PDVD10 and then I see the 3DVision IR emitter bright green light indicating it's in 3D mode. I can see the movie's main menu and subtitles in 3D, but movie is actaully displayed in 2D, is this the issue you're having???
I also have notice this issue since I've updated to drivers 266.58 WHQL. Now I'm using drivers beta 270.51 and I've rolled back PDVD 10 Mark II to version 2113.51, then I have no issues anymore, but If I update PDVD10 to any version newer than 2113.51 or the newest patch 2701, than the problem takes place.

Please Andrew, let Nvidia know about this issue, this is the 4th or 5th thread about issues with PowerDVD 10 and Nvidia drivers in this forum. It's a big problem that many users are having. We relly on you to fix this. We need to keep PDVD10 fully updated to play the newest BD3D titles properly.I'm stuck with version 2113 to avoid this problem, but some newer titles require the newer patches that causes the 3D issue. Cyberlink support is joke, just to let you know, very amateur, they think I'm a 10 year old kid using a computer.
I also have a issue with PowerDVD 10 Mark II playing 3D movies once I update it with newer patches. I've even wrote about this issue in other threads in this forum about the same issue.

I'm not sure the issue I have is similar to your, but it might be. I tried to load a BD3D using PDVD10 and then I see the 3DVision IR emitter bright green light indicating it's in 3D mode. I can see the movie's main menu and subtitles in 3D, but movie is actaully displayed in 2D, is this the issue you're having???

I also have notice this issue since I've updated to drivers 266.58 WHQL. Now I'm using drivers beta 270.51 and I've rolled back PDVD 10 Mark II to version 2113.51, then I have no issues anymore, but If I update PDVD10 to any version newer than 2113.51 or the newest patch 2701, than the problem takes place.

Please Andrew, let Nvidia know about this issue, this is the 4th or 5th thread about issues with PowerDVD 10 and Nvidia drivers in this forum. It's a big problem that many users are having. We relly on you to fix this. We need to keep PDVD10 fully updated to play the newest BD3D titles properly.I'm stuck with version 2113 to avoid this problem, but some newer titles require the newer patches that causes the 3D issue. Cyberlink support is joke, just to let you know, very amateur, they think I'm a 10 year old kid using a computer.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bits - Core i7 2600K @ 4.5ghz - Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z68 - Geforce EVGA GTX 690 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 (2T) - Thermaltake Armor+ - SSD Intel 510 Series Sata3 256GB - HD WD Caviar Black Sata3 64mb 2TB - HD WD Caviar Black 1TB Sata3 64mb - Bose Sound System - LG H20L GGW Blu Ray/DVD/CD RW - LG GH20 DVD RAM - PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W - Samsung S27A950D 3D Vision Ready + 3D HDTV SAMSUNG PL63C7000 3DTVPLAY + ROLLERMOD CHECKERBOARD

Posted 04/20/2011 05:44 PM   
[quote name='francomg' date='20 April 2011 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1303321468' post='1227938']

[/quote]

mine isn't a driver issue I don't think, though yes it may be. My issue is different in that the display does seem to be playing the 3d movie (two images are present)
[quote name='francomg' date='20 April 2011 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1303321468' post='1227938']

mine isn't a driver issue I don't think, though yes it may be. My issue is different in that the display does seem to be playing the 3d movie (two images are present)
Posted 04/21/2011 02:12 AM   
I too was having problems as described here with 270.61. The fix for me was doing a clean install of the drivers instead of "express". Previously, doing express resulted in a proper install, so it didn't occur to me that a clean install was necessary.
I too was having problems as described here with 270.61. The fix for me was doing a clean install of the drivers instead of "express". Previously, doing express resulted in a proper install, so it didn't occur to me that a clean install was necessary.

Posted 04/21/2011 09:22 PM   
Scroll To Top