GeForce 310M you must install an intel driver first
lol what kind of error message is this?
I have reinstalled windows 7 64bit on a gateway ID59C. I ran the scanning app and downloaded the driver it told me to. I downloaded it and ran the install but it just says "you must install an intel driver first" what am I supposed to do? I have installed the intel chipset driver but still I get the same message. what do I do?
[attachment=20553:Untitled.png]

I have reinstalled windows 7 64bit on a gateway ID59C. I ran the scanning app and downloaded the driver it told me to. I downloaded it and ran the install but it just says "you must install an intel driver first" what am I supposed to do? I have installed the intel chipset driver but still I get the same message. what do I do?

[attachment=20553:Untitled.png]
Attachments

Untitled.png

Posted 04/10/2011 09:28 AM   
[quote name='Karottop' date='10 April 2011 - 10:28 AM' timestamp='1302427687' post='1222216']
[attachment=26698:Untitled.png]
[/quote]

I would guess that as well as the NVIDIA discrete GPU, you also have an integrated Intel GPU. The driver for this Intel GPU is not part of the Intel chipset installation.

J
[quote name='Karottop' date='10 April 2011 - 10:28 AM' timestamp='1302427687' post='1222216']

I would guess that as well as the NVIDIA discrete GPU, you also have an integrated Intel GPU. The driver for this Intel GPU is not part of the Intel chipset installation.

J

Official GeForce Forums Benchmarking Leaderboards
NVIDIA SLI Technology: A Canine's Guide

Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX, Asus Maximus VI GENE Z87 mATX, Intel Core i7-4770k @ 4.40GHz, Corsair H110, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4GB) @ 2400MHz, 1x OCZ Vertex 4 256GB, 1x WD Scorpio Black 750GB, 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB, EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti Superclock, Enermax 1250W Evolution, Windows 8 64bit.

Logitech G9x, Razer Black Widow Ultimate, Logitech G930, 2x Eizo EV2333W.

Twitter | Steam

Posted 04/10/2011 09:58 AM   
OK, so I have the same problem, so what do you suggest we do? I am quite desperate and would really appreciate your help on this please mods.

Many thanks...
OK, so I have the same problem, so what do you suggest we do? I am quite desperate and would really appreciate your help on this please mods.

Many thanks...

Posted 04/27/2011 07:23 PM   
Do what it says: install the appropriate Intel graphics driver for the model of intel graphics chipset that's in your laptop. The Intel graphics drivers should be available on the Web site of the manufacturer of your laptop. Intel also provides graphics drivers on their own Web site, but they might or might not work depending on the specifics of the laptop's design.
Do what it says: install the appropriate Intel graphics driver for the model of intel graphics chipset that's in your laptop. The Intel graphics drivers should be available on the Web site of the manufacturer of your laptop. Intel also provides graphics drivers on their own Web site, but they might or might not work depending on the specifics of the laptop's design.

selden

Posted 05/04/2011 09:23 PM   
I am having this exact same problem. I have installed the correct intel graphics drivers but it still does not let me install the 310M driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated. [img]http://i.imgur.com/MYjHt.jpg[/img]
I am having this exact same problem. I have installed the correct intel graphics drivers but it still does not let me install the 310M driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Image

Posted 10/15/2011 11:17 PM   
So - for everybody that has this problem with any nvidia card on a dell laptop - first you have to go to the dell drivers site, there enter your code from the laptop (on the bottom, Service Tag: eg DMQMDR1 for a inspiron n5110) and to search all drivers that are available for your laptop. There are different sections, and you have to go for the "Video" section.
In this section usually you will have the appropriate package from nvidia for your latop, but you'll also have at least "Intel-Driver " and most probably the "intel application". For mine - inspiron n5110, with gt 525m, there is also some AMD driver... and i'm with intel i5 cpu..... however. That's it. The driver is there, first install this intel stuff, then the nvidi driver and the world rocks again... but I lost 3 hours to find out this.... I thought i had it all i needed from dell....
To be honest - i'm a little disappointed that I had to download 20 different driver packages to setup my machine... this is how pre-setuped machines are sold. People just don't have the nerves and mostly knowledge to dig like us... Good luck to you all :)

--------------------------------------------------
Putting this here to make google show this to more similar searches:
dell inspiron n5110 nvidia gt 525m - the "you must install an intel driver first" problem
So - for everybody that has this problem with any nvidia card on a dell laptop - first you have to go to the dell drivers site, there enter your code from the laptop (on the bottom, Service Tag: eg DMQMDR1 for a inspiron n5110) and to search all drivers that are available for your laptop. There are different sections, and you have to go for the "Video" section.

In this section usually you will have the appropriate package from nvidia for your latop, but you'll also have at least "Intel-Driver " and most probably the "intel application". For mine - inspiron n5110, with gt 525m, there is also some AMD driver... and i'm with intel i5 cpu..... however. That's it. The driver is there, first install this intel stuff, then the nvidi driver and the world rocks again... but I lost 3 hours to find out this.... I thought i had it all i needed from dell....

To be honest - i'm a little disappointed that I had to download 20 different driver packages to setup my machine... this is how pre-setuped machines are sold. People just don't have the nerves and mostly knowledge to dig like us... Good luck to you all :)

dell inspiron n5110 nvidia gt 525m - the "you must install an intel driver first" problem

Posted 12/25/2011 09:22 PM   
[quote name='naskorusev' date='25 December 2011 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1324848138' post='1347130']

[/quote]

For installing the Nvidia driver after the Intel one has been installed, does it matter if you install Discrete vs. Switchable? What's the difference? Will it mess things up if you try to install both? If you do, how do you fix that?
[quote name='naskorusev' date='25 December 2011 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1324848138' post='1347130']

For installing the Nvidia driver after the Intel one has been installed, does it matter if you install Discrete vs. Switchable? What's the difference? Will it mess things up if you try to install both? If you do, how do you fix that?

Posted 02/15/2012 07:35 AM   
I've had the same problem!! I searched google for a few days and tried at least 100 things. Finally i figured it out myself. I created a small 'guide' for it. Hope it helps, let me know if it worked.

Depositfiles: http://bit.ly/HYUVhy
2Shared: http://bit.ly/IMoKPU
Sendspace: http://bit.ly/J4OzNd
Uploading.com: http://bit.ly/IMoTTx
I've had the same problem!! I searched google for a few days and tried at least 100 things. Finally i figured it out myself. I created a small 'guide' for it. Hope it helps, let me know if it worked.

Depositfiles: http://bit.ly/HYUVhy

2Shared: http://bit.ly/IMoKPU

Sendspace: http://bit.ly/J4OzNd

Uploading.com: http://bit.ly/IMoTTx

Posted 04/18/2012 07:26 PM   
[quote name='Karottop' date='10 April 2011 - 09:28 AM' timestamp='1302427687' post='1222216']
[/quote]

i registered just to help you and anyone else >>>
i tried everything ... nothing worked until u did this my self >>

1. open device manager ... (right click on computer icon and choose manage then from the treelist choose Device Manager)
2. you'll find under "Display Adapter" 2 (maybe 1 VGA Card) ..
3. right click on the one who got driver installed .. and choose Properties then to Driver tab ..
4. find button (update driver) ... click it and choose to search the internet .. it will finds one and install it automatically
then you should restart the computer and then you can install the nvidia drivers without any problems :)
(pray for Syria)
[quote name='Karottop' date='10 April 2011 - 09:28 AM' timestamp='1302427687' post='1222216']

i registered just to help you and anyone else >>>

i tried everything ... nothing worked until u did this my self >>

1. open device manager ... (right click on computer icon and choose manage then from the treelist choose Device Manager)

2. you'll find under "Display Adapter" 2 (maybe 1 VGA Card) ..

3. right click on the one who got driver installed .. and choose Properties then to Driver tab ..

4. find button (update driver) ... click it and choose to search the internet .. it will finds one and install it automatically

then you should restart the computer and then you can install the nvidia drivers without any problems :)

(pray for Syria)

Posted 06/20/2012 07:27 AM   
Ayadooo i registered just to thank you,for this answer
Ayadooo i registered just to thank you,for this answer

Posted 03/27/2014 08:20 PM   
Scroll To Top