nForce Networking Controller will not connect to internet
I am currently unable to connect wirelessly to the internet with my HP Pavillion dv2945se running Windows Vista 64-bit. I can connect to the internet/network through a LAN.

Yesterday, I was unable to connect, but seemingly solved the issue. I saw a post for correcting a corrupted driver and followed the steps given:
1. Uninstall NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller 10/100/1000 Mbps
2. Delete the driver
3. Reboot the computer
4. Let the computer re-install the driver

After following these steps, I could connect to my wireless internet. However, when the computer was later restarted, the problem came back.

Here are the issues:
1. Device Manager shows "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller #2", not "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller 10/100/1000 Mbps". Is this a problem? initial driver had a release date in 2008. Now my driver has a release date of 11/17/07 (67.7.2.0).
2. I cannot connect to the internet.

I have tried several solutions that have not solved the problem.
1. Uninstall/delete the driver and restart the computer. Result: can't connect to wireless internet
2. Update driver from NVIDIA (nForceWinVista64\15.16). I ran the setup program, but no change was made to the driver. I uninstalled and deleted the driver through Device Manager, then rebooted, but still have the "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller #2" as my Network Adaptor and the release date in 2007. Result: can't connect to wireless internet
3. Found a program to fix registry errors (Registry Booster). I downloaded it and fixed a few hundred errors (it says), then rebooted. Result: can't connect to wireless internet

I can't figure out how to get the controller/driver working again. Can anyone help?
I am currently unable to connect wirelessly to the internet with my HP Pavillion dv2945se running Windows Vista 64-bit. I can connect to the internet/network through a LAN.

Yesterday, I was unable to connect, but seemingly solved the issue. I saw a post for correcting a corrupted driver and followed the steps given:

1. Uninstall NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller 10/100/1000 Mbps

2. Delete the driver

3. Reboot the computer

4. Let the computer re-install the driver

After following these steps, I could connect to my wireless internet. However, when the computer was later restarted, the problem came back.

Here are the issues:

1. Device Manager shows "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller #2", not "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller 10/100/1000 Mbps". Is this a problem? initial driver had a release date in 2008. Now my driver has a release date of 11/17/07 (67.7.2.0).

2. I cannot connect to the internet.

I have tried several solutions that have not solved the problem.

1. Uninstall/delete the driver and restart the computer. Result: can't connect to wireless internet

2. Update driver from NVIDIA (nForceWinVista64\15.16). I ran the setup program, but no change was made to the driver. I uninstalled and deleted the driver through Device Manager, then rebooted, but still have the "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller #2" as my Network Adaptor and the release date in 2007. Result: can't connect to wireless internet

3. Found a program to fix registry errors (Registry Booster). I downloaded it and fixed a few hundred errors (it says), then rebooted. Result: can't connect to wireless internet

I can't figure out how to get the controller/driver working again. Can anyone help?

Posted 04/04/2011 02:35 AM   
All the information you have given is for the NVIDIA LAN device. To my knowledge, NVIDIA does not make WIRELESS LAN.

No, #2 is nothing to worry about.

All the information you have given is for the NVIDIA LAN device. To my knowledge, NVIDIA does not make WIRELESS LAN.

No, #2 is nothing to worry about.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 04/04/2011 11:58 AM   
Gkbruce,

I have the same problem with my HP Pavilion Ent. PC Windows Vista 32bit. I've everything just like you. Where you able to get the issue resolved with being to connect wirelessly to the internet w/o being connected to your router?

Thanks for any help.
Gkbruce,

I have the same problem with my HP Pavilion Ent. PC Windows Vista 32bit. I've everything just like you. Where you able to get the issue resolved with being to connect wirelessly to the internet w/o being connected to your router?

Thanks for any help.

Posted 01/06/2012 05:00 AM   
Since he never replied, I would assume that he reinstalled the drivers for the Wireless Card....But, then I would also assume that while connected via the cable, he typed something like 192.168.1.1 (or 192.168.1.100) and accessed the router properties to enable the Wireless feature, setup the security and the channel, setup the access code, then accessed the PC wireless network to set the access tpye and code there as well.

As a good router should not have wireless enabled by default, as that would be a major security issue with plug and play non-technical people.
Since he never replied, I would assume that he reinstalled the drivers for the Wireless Card....But, then I would also assume that while connected via the cable, he typed something like 192.168.1.1 (or 192.168.1.100) and accessed the router properties to enable the Wireless feature, setup the security and the channel, setup the access code, then accessed the PC wireless network to set the access tpye and code there as well.

As a good router should not have wireless enabled by default, as that would be a major security issue with plug and play non-technical people.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 01/07/2012 02:13 AM   
Scroll To Top