Need help with hard disk 100%
My computer has been running normally until I stepped out in the middle of the game to let the dog out. When I came to I wasn't aware what happened but somehow my computer crashed and when it rebooted, my graphics was slightly discolored. At first I thought it was my vid card so I swapped it out with another. When I ran dxdiag it didnt even list my vid card. So I knew it wasnt it (checked it on the other computer). I took some time off and cleaned it a bit and when I turned it back on, things "seem" to be fine until I noticed delays or lags.

I checked the nvidia monitorview to see if anything was over heating (cuz of the vid cards) and I noticed this:

http://img709.imageshack.us/i/stuffqn.jpg/

This is the first time I've seen my Hard disk at 100% and first time that I have seen reds in the Bus Speed area. I'm not computer savy so I'm not sure what that means but I know it cant be good. I know that my hard disk isn't usually 100% so I was wondering what is wrong. When I clicked on the SMART status, it read under details: Read Hard Disk Error!

Can someone help me out?
My computer has been running normally until I stepped out in the middle of the game to let the dog out. When I came to I wasn't aware what happened but somehow my computer crashed and when it rebooted, my graphics was slightly discolored. At first I thought it was my vid card so I swapped it out with another. When I ran dxdiag it didnt even list my vid card. So I knew it wasnt it (checked it on the other computer). I took some time off and cleaned it a bit and when I turned it back on, things "seem" to be fine until I noticed delays or lags.

I checked the nvidia monitorview to see if anything was over heating (cuz of the vid cards) and I noticed this:

http://img709.imageshack.us/i/stuffqn.jpg/

This is the first time I've seen my Hard disk at 100% and first time that I have seen reds in the Bus Speed area. I'm not computer savy so I'm not sure what that means but I know it cant be good. I know that my hard disk isn't usually 100% so I was wondering what is wrong. When I clicked on the SMART status, it read under details: Read Hard Disk Error!

Can someone help me out?

Posted 04/01/2011 09:25 AM   
Scroll To Top