directv2pc and ION "Screen Capture Protection" says "no"
I have an asus eee pc 1215N with a dual-core Atom and the second generation Nvidia ION running Windows 7 32-bit. It works **great** for my wife, who is constantly streaming youtube and netflix. The ION makes full-HD work very well at 720p on the screen or HDMI, and marginally well at 1080p on the HDMI port (frame skips about every 3-5 seconds).

I'm trying to get the DIRECTV2PC application to work so she can stream off our DVR but the application keeps saying that "Screen Capture Protection" is not available. I've poured through the Nvidia Control Panel and google'd my brains out. There are several people who report getting this to work but no solutions posted other than 'update the driver'. I've updated both the Intel display driver for the Atom chip and the Nvidia driver, first to Verde 267.76 (release), then to 270.51 (beta) and it still says there is no screen capture protection.

So I'm wondering what I am missing. Anyone have an idea?

--JATF
I have an asus eee pc 1215N with a dual-core Atom and the second generation Nvidia ION running Windows 7 32-bit. It works **great** for my wife, who is constantly streaming youtube and netflix. The ION makes full-HD work very well at 720p on the screen or HDMI, and marginally well at 1080p on the HDMI port (frame skips about every 3-5 seconds).

I'm trying to get the DIRECTV2PC application to work so she can stream off our DVR but the application keeps saying that "Screen Capture Protection" is not available. I've poured through the Nvidia Control Panel and google'd my brains out. There are several people who report getting this to work but no solutions posted other than 'update the driver'. I've updated both the Intel display driver for the Atom chip and the Nvidia driver, first to Verde 267.76 (release), then to 270.51 (beta) and it still says there is no screen capture protection.

So I'm wondering what I am missing. Anyone have an idea?

--JATF

Posted 03/31/2011 01:52 PM   
Scroll To Top