Nvidia gt 540 m
Hello,

I am getting a new laptop computer and I have chosen the XPS 15.

The video card coming with it is the Nvidia GT 540 M 2g graphics with Optimus 540MUS.

For this computer, I am going to play Empire: Total War. Will this card let me play the game smoothley? I have

also heard that Nvidia cards do not work with Empire: Total War

Please answer this question because I need help in making sure that my computer will work.

Here are other computer details......

XPS 15 XPS 15
Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
Processor 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz
Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed) Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2010
Video Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M 2GB graphics with Optimus
Memory 6GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 Memory
Hard Drive 640GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
Service 1 Year Basic Service Plan
Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed) McAfee Security Center with VirusScan, Firewall, Spyware Removal, 30-Day Trial
Color Elemental Silver Aluminum
LCD 15.6 in HD WLED TL (1366x768) with Skype-Certified 2.0MP HD Webcam
CD ROM/DVD ROM 8X Tray Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)
Wireless Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000
Battery 92 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Keyboard Standard Keyboard - English
Mobile Broadband No Mobile Broad Band Selected
Sound JBL 2.1 Speakers with Waves Maxx Audio 3
Datasafe Online DataSafe 2.0 Online Backup 2GB for 1 year
Hello,

I am getting a new laptop computer and I have chosen the XPS 15.

The video card coming with it is the Nvidia GT 540 M 2g graphics with Optimus 540MUS.

For this computer, I am going to play Empire: Total War. Will this card let me play the game smoothley? I have

also heard that Nvidia cards do not work with Empire: Total War

Please answer this question because I need help in making sure that my computer will work.

Here are other computer details......

XPS 15 XPS 15

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

Processor 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz

Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed) Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2010

Video Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M 2GB graphics with Optimus

Memory 6GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 Memory

Hard Drive 640GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive

Service 1 Year Basic Service Plan

Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed) McAfee Security Center with VirusScan, Firewall, Spyware Removal, 30-Day Trial

Color Elemental Silver Aluminum

LCD 15.6 in HD WLED TL (1366x768) with Skype-Certified 2.0MP HD Webcam

CD ROM/DVD ROM 8X Tray Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)

Wireless Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000

Battery 92 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Keyboard Standard Keyboard - English

Mobile Broadband No Mobile Broad Band Selected

Sound JBL 2.1 Speakers with Waves Maxx Audio 3

Datasafe Online DataSafe 2.0 Online Backup 2GB for 1 year

Posted 03/27/2011 02:03 PM   
Hello, Everyone!

I am writing in this forum with the hope of getting some resolution to a problem that is quite bothersome to a lot of people buying brand new laptops with the GT 500 M series. Basically, I bought the Sony Vaio F 3D Series laptop. It has the nVIDIA GT 540 M 1GB Video Card. In Windows 7, the graphics card keeps switching to the integrated graphics on my Core i7 Sandy Bridge processor. Videos on Youtube are very slow. I checked on the nVIDIA.com website to look for the drivers and basically, I couldn't find any drivers for the GT 500 M series. This card was released a little over 4 months ago. Yet, there is no support for it. On the regular nVIDIA forums there are hundred of complaints about this and basically, lots of customers with varios NEW laptops from ACER, DELL, ASUS, Sony, etc. have the exact same problem. They are sitting on a graphic card that is supposed to be super fast, and yet is disabled and doesn't work. It's like having an 6.3 Liter AMG Engine and you put diesel fuel in it.

So, in conclusion, I am hoping that someone from the nVIDIA Driver developer division will read this message and react to it ASAP and try to fix this issue before it's too late. Lots of people are getting really upset and even want to return their laptops and switch to ATI graphics. Please fix this for us.

Thank you so much!

Dr. Petkov
Hello, Everyone!

I am writing in this forum with the hope of getting some resolution to a problem that is quite bothersome to a lot of people buying brand new laptops with the GT 500 M series. Basically, I bought the Sony Vaio F 3D Series laptop. It has the nVIDIA GT 540 M 1GB Video Card. In Windows 7, the graphics card keeps switching to the integrated graphics on my Core i7 Sandy Bridge processor. Videos on Youtube are very slow. I checked on the nVIDIA.com website to look for the drivers and basically, I couldn't find any drivers for the GT 500 M series. This card was released a little over 4 months ago. Yet, there is no support for it. On the regular nVIDIA forums there are hundred of complaints about this and basically, lots of customers with varios NEW laptops from ACER, DELL, ASUS, Sony, etc. have the exact same problem. They are sitting on a graphic card that is supposed to be super fast, and yet is disabled and doesn't work. It's like having an 6.3 Liter AMG Engine and you put diesel fuel in it.

So, in conclusion, I am hoping that someone from the nVIDIA Driver developer division will read this message and react to it ASAP and try to fix this issue before it's too late. Lots of people are getting really upset and even want to return their laptops and switch to ATI graphics. Please fix this for us.

Thank you so much!

Dr. Petkov

Posted 03/29/2011 04:36 PM   
Hi Dr. Petkov and everyone,

I bought my Sony Vaio 3D F series Laptop and I agree with you. Its so disappointing to have something new and has already gor problem which not yet fixed from Nvidia. I hope they have seen already our comments and complains to have an action ASAP.

Thanks,

Ibrahim

[quote name='vilypetkov' date='29 March 2011 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1301416572' post='1215330']
Hello, Everyone!

Thank you so much!

Dr. Petkov
[/quote]

I bought my Sony Vaio 3D F series Laptop and I agree with you. Its so disappointing to have something new and has already gor problem which not yet fixed from Nvidia. I hope they have seen already our comments and complains to have an action ASAP.

Thanks,

Ibrahim

[quote name='vilypetkov' date='29 March 2011 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1301416572' post='1215330']

Hello, Everyone!

Thank you so much!

Dr. Petkov

Posted 04/25/2011 10:15 PM   
[quote name='Ibrahim-dxb' date='25 April 2011 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1303769747' post='1230252']

Thanks,

Ibrahim
[/quote]

Hi Ibrahim,
I've got the exact same laptop with the same problem, not what you expect on a close to £2k laptop, do you know when they are planning out on sorting this out?
Thanks
James
[quote name='Ibrahim-dxb' date='25 April 2011 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1303769747' post='1230252']

Thanks,

Ibrahim

Hi Ibrahim,

I've got the exact same laptop with the same problem, not what you expect on a close to £2k laptop, do you know when they are planning out on sorting this out?

Thanks

James

Posted 05/02/2011 09:18 AM   
[quote name='jdizzle' date='02 May 2011 - 01:18 PM' timestamp='1304327919' post='1232548']
Hi Ibrahim,
Thanks
James
[/quote]

Hi James,

To Answer your question I tried to get solution for this but couldnt, so I decided to returned my Sony Vaio F Series 3D and I'm waiting to get Asus Lamborghini VX7 it has got GTX 460M RAM 1.5GB DDR5. I hope nvidia is working on GT 540M issues for those who are hoping to get new driver update to fix the issues.

Here is Asus Lamborghini VX7 Gaming Laptop Specs

[list]

[*]Intel’s Sandy Bridge platform
[*]Powered by a 2.0GHz Intel Core i7-2630QM quad-core processor
[*]GeForce GTX 460M graphics card with 3GB of GDDR5 dedicated memory
[*]Up to 16GB of memory, and up to two 750GB hard drives
[*]Leather-padded palm rest, and a highly-dust gathering surface
[*]15.6-inch LED-backlit display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
[*]Packs a 1366 x 768 pixels 3D panel (optional)
[*]DVD burner / Blu-ray combo / Blu-ray writer
[*]2 megapixel webcam
[*]Wi-Fi, and Ethernet LAN
[*]SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port, and a HDMI output
[/list]

regards,
Ib
[quote name='jdizzle' date='02 May 2011 - 01:18 PM' timestamp='1304327919' post='1232548']

Hi Ibrahim,

Thanks

James

Hi James,

To Answer your question I tried to get solution for this but couldnt, so I decided to returned my Sony Vaio F Series 3D and I'm waiting to get Asus Lamborghini VX7 it has got GTX 460M RAM 1.5GB DDR5. I hope nvidia is working on GT 540M issues for those who are hoping to get new driver update to fix the issues.

Here is Asus Lamborghini VX7 Gaming Laptop Specs

• Intel’s Sandy Bridge platform