Nvidia Geforce 540M is NOT default graphic card!
Hi
I have bought Asus n53sv notebook with Geforce 540M graphic driver and sandy bridge cpu. my cpu has an integrated Intel GPU, and windows uses Intel instead of Nvidia as default graphic card. so I can't use my HDMI port and other features of my graphic card. in Nvidia Control Panel I have changed the default graphic card for games and now I can play games but it has no effect on other things. in Nvidia Control panel I can see only "3D Settings" and "video & television" sections and there is no "Display" and "3D vision".

how can I fix this problem?
Hi

I have bought Asus n53sv notebook with Geforce 540M graphic driver and sandy bridge cpu. my cpu has an integrated Intel GPU, and windows uses Intel instead of Nvidia as default graphic card. so I can't use my HDMI port and other features of my graphic card. in Nvidia Control Panel I have changed the default graphic card for games and now I can play games but it has no effect on other things. in Nvidia Control panel I can see only "3D Settings" and "video & television" sections and there is no "Display" and "3D vision".

Posted 03/18/2011 01:04 PM   
[quote name='3DMahdi' date='18 March 2011 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1300453472' post='1209480']
Hi

[/quote]

Nvidia is putting itself in a very dangerous game since they released the new crippled 'after 9xxx' lines.
People wont spend 5x to get 1/2 speed quadro. They will go ATI.
On the other hand if it's a real problem with drivers and such, what happened to the original kick-ass drivers developer team?
some key figure left perhaps? why?
Hope all this gets ironed out before it's too late.

mrn.
[quote name='3DMahdi' date='18 March 2011 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1300453472' post='1209480']

Hi

Nvidia is putting itself in a very dangerous game since they released the new crippled 'after 9xxx' lines.

On the other hand if it's a real problem with drivers and such, what happened to the original kick-ass drivers developer team?

mrn.

Posted 03/28/2011 09:01 AM   
[quote name='3DMahdi' date='18 March 2011 - 02:04 PM' timestamp='1300453472' post='1209480']
Hi

[/quote]

The fact that you cannot see 3D Vision etc is not unusual for NVIDIA mobile driver sets. So you have changed the preferred device to the NVIDIA card? See screenshot:

[IMG]http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/jimbonbon/nvidiahighperf.png[/IMG]

Your laptop is likely using Optimus, which means that Intel is the predominant GPU otherwise.

[quote name='mrn' date='28 March 2011 - 10:01 AM' timestamp='1301302879' post='1214342']

mrn.
[/quote]

Not sure how this is relevant to the topic? :P

J
[quote name='3DMahdi' date='18 March 2011 - 02:04 PM' timestamp='1300453472' post='1209480']

Hi

The fact that you cannot see 3D Vision etc is not unusual for NVIDIA mobile driver sets. So you have changed the preferred device to the NVIDIA card? See screenshot:

Your laptop is likely using Optimus, which means that Intel is the predominant GPU otherwise.

[quote name='mrn' date='28 March 2011 - 10:01 AM' timestamp='1301302879' post='1214342']

mrn.

Not sure how this is relevant to the topic? :P

J

Official GeForce Forums Benchmarking Leaderboards
NVIDIA SLI Technology: A Canine's Guide

Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX, Asus Maximus VI GENE Z87 mATX, Intel Core i7-4770k @ 4.40GHz, Corsair H110, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4GB) @ 2400MHz, 1x OCZ Vertex 4 256GB, 1x WD Scorpio Black 750GB, 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB, EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti Superclock, Enermax 1250W Evolution, Windows 8 64bit.

Logitech G9x, Razer Black Widow Ultimate, Logitech G930, 2x Eizo EV2333W.

Twitter | Steam

Posted 03/28/2011 10:05 AM   
[quote name='jimbonbon' date='28 March 2011 - 10:05 AM' timestamp='1301306721' post='1214369']

[/quote]

yes, I have changed the preferred device and I dont have problem in games. but still I can't use hdmi port. when I use fn+F8 or Win Key+P to use external display device nothing happens!
Multiple Display is not available in NVIDIA Control panel. I think you have the same problem too! there is no Display category in your NVidia control panel. Can you use external display device? and in case of yes, How?

thanks.
[quote name='jimbonbon' date='28 March 2011 - 10:05 AM' timestamp='1301306721' post='1214369']

yes, I have changed the preferred device and I dont have problem in games. but still I can't use hdmi port. when I use fn+F8 or Win Key+P to use external display device nothing happens!

Multiple Display is not available in NVIDIA Control panel. I think you have the same problem too! there is no Display category in your NVidia control panel. Can you use external display device? and in case of yes, How?

thanks.

Posted 03/28/2011 02:08 PM   
[quote name='3DMahdi' date='28 March 2011 - 03:08 PM' timestamp='1301321287' post='1214475']

thanks.
[/quote]

Interesting... Well I can see no other display available in the NVIDIA control panel, nor the Windows panel, until I actually connect one and then it appears and I can configure from the Windows Display settings?

J
[quote name='3DMahdi' date='28 March 2011 - 03:08 PM' timestamp='1301321287' post='1214475']

thanks.

Interesting... Well I can see no other display available in the NVIDIA control panel, nor the Windows panel, until I actually connect one and then it appears and I can configure from the Windows Display settings?

J

Official GeForce Forums Benchmarking Leaderboards
NVIDIA SLI Technology: A Canine's Guide

Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX, Asus Maximus VI GENE Z87 mATX, Intel Core i7-4770k @ 4.40GHz, Corsair H110, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4GB) @ 2400MHz, 1x OCZ Vertex 4 256GB, 1x WD Scorpio Black 750GB, 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB, EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti Superclock, Enermax 1250W Evolution, Windows 8 64bit.

Logitech G9x, Razer Black Widow Ultimate, Logitech G930, 2x Eizo EV2333W.

Twitter | Steam

Posted 03/28/2011 03:02 PM   
I have the same problem. I can add this information: BIOS don't detect vga option. Why? Any solution?
I have the same problem. I can add this information: BIOS don't detect vga option. Why? Any solution?

Posted 05/17/2011 10:44 AM   
Hi,
My problem fixed automatically! The next time I have connected HDMI port it worked fine with the same TV and cable!
I don't know the reason and solution of my problem but luckily it fixed. :)

Thanks for your Help

Regards,
3DMahdi
Hi,

My problem fixed automatically! The next time I have connected HDMI port it worked fine with the same TV and cable!

I don't know the reason and solution of my problem but luckily it fixed. :)

Thanks for your Help

Regards,

3DMahdi

Posted 05/17/2011 12:06 PM   
Hi all of you
Can anyone tell me if the 540m (for notebooks),supports audio bitstreaming out (DTS-Master,Dolby TrueHD,etc..)??
I want to purcase a notebook with the 540 but I want to use it as a small HTPC,so bitsteaming out via HDMI is very ,very important to me.

Thanx in advance..
Hi all of you

Can anyone tell me if the 540m (for notebooks),supports audio bitstreaming out (DTS-Master,Dolby TrueHD,etc..)??

I want to purcase a notebook with the 540 but I want to use it as a small HTPC,so bitsteaming out via HDMI is very ,very important to me.

Thanx in advance..

Posted 05/22/2011 10:18 PM   
I am having the same problem. The NVIDIA card is not turning on when i try to run programs like minecraft or battlefield bad company 2 but it will turn on for chess titans, any solutions
I am having the same problem. The NVIDIA card is not turning on when i try to run programs like minecraft or battlefield bad company 2 but it will turn on for chess titans, any solutions

Posted 06/10/2011 04:09 AM   
hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 with Nvidia Geforce GT525M. I have set my preferred graphics processor as High performance Nvidia Processor through the Nvidia control panel. However, one thing keeps bothering me, when I open a file from the 3D vision preview folder, it says "Primary adapter does not support 3D vision", which is surprising as i have set my preferred GP as Nvidia. Can anyone guide me through this.

Thanx,
hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 with Nvidia Geforce GT525M. I have set my preferred graphics processor as High performance Nvidia Processor through the Nvidia control panel. However, one thing keeps bothering me, when I open a file from the 3D vision preview folder, it says "Primary adapter does not support 3D vision", which is surprising as i have set my preferred GP as Nvidia. Can anyone guide me through this.

Thanx,

Posted 06/10/2011 07:26 AM   
hey! i have recently bought an acer laptop with NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M, but when i have installed the driver it could not detect the video card.. my OS is windows 32- bit.. any solutions to my problem?? what drivers should i use? i badly needed a solution to my problem.. please help me! :(( thnx guys! God bless!
hey! i have recently bought an acer laptop with NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M, but when i have installed the driver it could not detect the video card.. my OS is windows 32- bit.. any solutions to my problem?? what drivers should i use? i badly needed a solution to my problem.. please help me! :(( thnx guys! God bless!

Posted 06/18/2011 12:37 PM   
Hi 3DMahdi/All

I bought the same system as yours Asus N53SV notebook with Geforce 540M graphic and beefed it to 16GB RAM. Nonetheless the integrated Intel Graphic seems to dominates the display.
Good to know that your systems is now responding and meeting up to your requirements, however I have a question to you/all (appreciate your feedback/response)

Question 3DMahdi : Does your display on your laptop selects Geforce 540M as the default graphic when not connected to other apparatus/device or does it revert back to the integrated Intel Graphic?

Reason for that question is due to the following :
1. I’ve checked YouTube and one of the owner mentioned that Geforce 540M only activates when necessary (ie. it automatically switches but there is a manual switch to override to the desired option, “where the bleeding hell is that switch ???? grrrr........) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prChh5Lv8lw (listen closely @ 13.10mins of the video)
2. I’ve updated all drivers today (17/08/11) and have set the “Manage 3D Setting” as suggested by jimbonbon (which in my opinion was a good suggestion – Thank you jimbonbon). I’ve also taken the liberty in setting all other devices within NVIDIA’s to set it as Geforce 540M.
3. I’ve tried selecting the “Detect” button in “Screen Resolution” and only then does the option for Geforce 540M appear for “Another display”, however the resolution tab remains greyed out. (I suppose it will only appear when a device/additional screen is connected to the notebook)
4. Interesting enough NVIDIA website http://www.geforce.com/Hardware/GPUs/geforce-gt-540m/features (under the “Dual-link DVI Support” claims that the display can match up to industrial standards (ie. 2560X1600) this tells me that only when you hook up to an external device (eg. Flat screen) only then it will switch to Geforce 540M. If that’s the case then NVIDIA need to seriously get a fix to this problem quickly otherwise its going to tarnish their image by their clients/customer/consumers.

Hence to conclude I have yet to resolve this issue and if you or NVIDIA’s tech. have found a solution to this problem please advice/respond pronto as its affecting my business with the high level graphic I use to produce my engineering documents.

Appreciate your feedback.

Cheers.
JJ
Hi 3DMahdi/All

I bought the same system as yours Asus N53SV notebook with Geforce 540M graphic and beefed it to 16GB RAM. Nonetheless the integrated Intel Graphic seems to dominates the display.

Good to know that your systems is now responding and meeting up to your requirements, however I have a question to you/all (appreciate your feedback/response)

Question 3DMahdi : Does your display on your laptop selects Geforce 540M as the default graphic when not connected to other apparatus/device or does it revert back to the integrated Intel Graphic?

Reason for that question is due to the following :

1. I’ve checked YouTube and one of the owner mentioned that Geforce 540M only activates when necessary (ie. it automatically switches but there is a manual switch to override to the desired option, “where the bleeding hell is that switch ???? grrrr........) (listen closely @ 13.10mins of the video)

2. I’ve updated all drivers today (17/08/11) and have set the “Manage 3D Setting” as suggested by jimbonbon (which in my opinion was a good suggestion – Thank you jimbonbon). I’ve also taken the liberty in setting all other devices within NVIDIA’s to set it as Geforce 540M.

3. I’ve tried selecting the “Detect” button in “Screen Resolution” and only then does the option for Geforce 540M appear for “Another display”, however the resolution tab remains greyed out. (I suppose it will only appear when a device/additional screen is connected to the notebook)

4. Interesting enough NVIDIA website http://www.geforce.com/Hardware/GPUs/geforce-gt-540m/features (under the “Dual-link DVI Support” claims that the display can match up to industrial standards (ie. 2560X1600) this tells me that only when you hook up to an external device (eg. Flat screen) only then it will switch to Geforce 540M. If that’s the case then NVIDIA need to seriously get a fix to this problem quickly otherwise its going to tarnish their image by their clients/customer/consumers.

Hence to conclude I have yet to resolve this issue and if you or NVIDIA’s tech. have found a solution to this problem please advice/respond pronto as its affecting my business with the high level graphic I use to produce my engineering documents.

Appreciate your feedback.

Cheers.

JJ

Posted 08/17/2011 04:56 PM   
hey guys please give me the solution i want gta 4 to use nvidia 635m but it still uses intel hd4000 please even if i set the control panel everything to use high performence nvidia it still uses intel graphics
hey guys please give me the solution i want gta 4 to use nvidia 635m but it still uses intel hd4000 please
even if i set the control panel everything to use high performence nvidia it still uses intel graphics

Posted 09/22/2013 10:25 AM   
Hello, I also have problems with the 540m, maybe you can have a look at this post: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/674142/physx/cannot-switch-physx-processor-to-gpu-and-cannot-install-physx-update/ thanks, LoDsen
Hello,
I also have problems with the 540m, maybe you can have a look at this post:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/674142/physx/cannot-switch-physx-processor-to-gpu-and-cannot-install-physx-update/

thanks,
LoDsen

Posted 01/28/2014 05:38 PM   
Scroll To Top