1080p 24 hz question (not the usual one)
Hey all, noobie here. Just ordered my first 3d enabled pc, it has an intel 960 processor, 12 gb of ram, and most importantly, dual gtx 580s. I am planning on hooking up my pc via HDMI to my samsung plamsa 3dtv. Now, i understand that i can only run Nvidia 3DTV play in 720p at 60 hertz, or 1080p at 24 hertz.

What i wanted to know is if anyone has tried to run in 24hertz but with the tvs motion interpolation enabled (AMP, motionflow, etc). I know it will add some additional lag, but i'm not playing online games, so i can get used to it. I play my xbox with the motion feature enabled and it works ok for lag still. Does this work effectively for 3d on a PC? it should bump up the game to 240 fps on my tv, although most will be fake (interpolated).

I know that tridef supports 1080p checkerboard and sbs, but it doesn't work as well with SLI. I would prefer to use Nvidia if possible.
Hey all, noobie here. Just ordered my first 3d enabled pc, it has an intel 960 processor, 12 gb of ram, and most importantly, dual gtx 580s. I am planning on hooking up my pc via HDMI to my samsung plamsa 3dtv. Now, i understand that i can only run Nvidia 3DTV play in 720p at 60 hertz, or 1080p at 24 hertz.

What i wanted to know is if anyone has tried to run in 24hertz but with the tvs motion interpolation enabled (AMP, motionflow, etc). I know it will add some additional lag, but i'm not playing online games, so i can get used to it. I play my xbox with the motion feature enabled and it works ok for lag still. Does this work effectively for 3d on a PC? it should bump up the game to 240 fps on my tv, although most will be fake (interpolated).

I know that tridef supports 1080p checkerboard and sbs, but it doesn't work as well with SLI. I would prefer to use Nvidia if possible.

Posted 03/15/2011 03:24 PM   
[quote name='wt66' date='15 March 2011 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1300202680' post='1207911']

[/quote]

This will only make the picture appear smoother, which is fine for films/tv but for games it's all about the feedback loop - ie the delay between seeing it and being able to respond to it. The tv interpolating frames can't do this based on any mouse etc.. input from you, so as you mentioned turning this on just increases lag so this will make the whole thing worse not better. (although it will look smoother).
[quote name='wt66' date='15 March 2011 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1300202680' post='1207911']

This will only make the picture appear smoother, which is fine for films/tv but for games it's all about the feedback loop - ie the delay between seeing it and being able to respond to it. The tv interpolating frames can't do this based on any mouse etc.. input from you, so as you mentioned turning this on just increases lag so this will make the whole thing worse not better. (although it will look smoother).

Posted 03/16/2011 11:33 AM   
[quote name='wt66' date='15 March 2011 - 09:24 AM' timestamp='1300202680' post='1207911']

[/quote]
I know motionflow doesn't work at 60hz, haven't tested it at 24 Hz (samsung plasma).
[quote name='wt66' date='15 March 2011 - 09:24 AM' timestamp='1300202680' post='1207911']

I know motionflow doesn't work at 60hz, haven't tested it at 24 Hz (samsung plasma).

Posted 03/16/2011 02:46 PM   
[quote name='roller11' date='16 March 2011 - 07:46 AM' timestamp='1300286795' post='1208540']
[/quote]

I know that the plasma i have can do it's Motion Judder Canceller during 3d movies, and i'm pretty sure the sonys can't do that. If i only get a little bit of lag, i can deal with that... the tradeoff would be 1080p at 240 frames a second. Most of them are fake (interpolated), but playing fallout new vegas on my 360 with it enabled looks amazing and is quite playable IMO
[quote name='roller11' date='16 March 2011 - 07:46 AM' timestamp='1300286795' post='1208540']

I know that the plasma i have can do it's Motion Judder Canceller during 3d movies, and i'm pretty sure the sonys can't do that. If i only get a little bit of lag, i can deal with that... the tradeoff would be 1080p at 240 frames a second. Most of them are fake (interpolated), but playing fallout new vegas on my 360 with it enabled looks amazing and is quite playable IMO

Posted 03/16/2011 03:44 PM   
I'm curious to hear how this goes. I don't think my projector does motion interpolation in 1080p/24/3D. Would take a pretty serious engine to do that.
I'm curious to hear how this goes. I don't think my projector does motion interpolation in 1080p/24/3D. Would take a pretty serious engine to do that.

Posted 03/17/2011 12:01 AM   
Scroll To Top