Standard VGA graphics adapter (wont find my 9600M GT 512mb card)
So I recently made an upgrade from Windows Vista 64 bit to Windows 7 64 bit.
Everything is fine apart from when I open my device manager my graphics card is show as "Standard VGA graphics adapter" which allows a maximum resolution of 1280 x 1024.

I have tried installing nVidia drivers to no avail and uninstalling the Standard VGA drivers also to no avail.

My computer just will not recognize my 9600M GT 512MB graphics card.

There are other resources on this website and the rest of the internet concerning this problem but nothing so far as been able to help me.
The last thing I want to do is to have to pay to get someone to help, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks
So I recently made an upgrade from Windows Vista 64 bit to Windows 7 64 bit.

Everything is fine apart from when I open my device manager my graphics card is show as "Standard VGA graphics adapter" which allows a maximum resolution of 1280 x 1024.

I have tried installing nVidia drivers to no avail and uninstalling the Standard VGA drivers also to no avail.

My computer just will not recognize my 9600M GT 512MB graphics card.

There are other resources on this website and the rest of the internet concerning this problem but nothing so far as been able to help me.

The last thing I want to do is to have to pay to get someone to help, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Posted 03/14/2011 10:19 PM   
Scroll To Top