Need video card replacement for Dell Vostro 400
Hi. I have a Dell Vostro 400 that came stock with a GeForce 8800 GT video card and a 350 watt Liteon brand power supply. There's a 6 pin yellow/black set of wires coming out of the power supply that runs to my 8800 GT. I need to buy a new card because mine went bad. Which *[b]compatible[/b]* card(s) do you suugest I get? I don't want to spend a fortune, but want a good *[b]quiet[/b]* reliable card. I had an EVGA brand card once (AGP) that had annoying fan noise. This 8800 GT I have that went bad on me was almost silent. I don't want a card that is going to tax my computer and slow it down... if that's even possible. I have a 23" Dell "IPS" monitor. I would like something that gives me a good picture. I am not a big gamer however. I did some searches and I see people claim the 9800GT is the same exact card as my 8800GT, but I see information that says the 9800 GT needs a larger power supply than the 8800 GT. Can someone clear that up? I would greatly appreciate some help here in picking out a card that fits my needs/wants. I hope you can help. Thank you very much!

This is the card I have that went bad... http://bit.ly/ehYb83

The length of my current card is 9 inches long. It's 9 1/2 inches long if you count the DVI ports.
Hi. I have a Dell Vostro 400 that came stock with a GeForce 8800 GT video card and a 350 watt Liteon brand power supply. There's a 6 pin yellow/black set of wires coming out of the power supply that runs to my 8800 GT. I need to buy a new card because mine went bad. Which *compatible* card(s) do you suugest I get? I don't want to spend a fortune, but want a good *quiet* reliable card. I had an EVGA brand card once (AGP) that had annoying fan noise. This 8800 GT I have that went bad on me was almost silent. I don't want a card that is going to tax my computer and slow it down... if that's even possible. I have a 23" Dell "IPS" monitor. I would like something that gives me a good picture. I am not a big gamer however. I did some searches and I see people claim the 9800GT is the same exact card as my 8800GT, but I see information that says the 9800 GT needs a larger power supply than the 8800 GT. Can someone clear that up? I would greatly appreciate some help here in picking out a card that fits my needs/wants. I hope you can help. Thank you very much!

This is the card I have that went bad... http://bit.ly/ehYb83

The length of my current card is 9 inches long. It's 9 1/2 inches long if you count the DVI ports.

Posted 03/12/2011 07:51 PM   
Scroll To Top