GTA IV graphics problems on GeForce GT 540M
I recently purchased Grand Theft Auto IV and installed it only to find that it wouldn't work quite how I thought it would. I'm quite confident that my PC's specs are more then capable of running the game without this amount of fail. I own an ASUS notebook N53SV series, specs are as follows.

Processor: Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU
GPU: nVidia GeForce GT 540M
Memory: 4GB DDR3

Somebody please help me figure out what's going on. When I load the game textures are missing, there's no backgrounds, frequent lag. When I go into graphics settings it says I have something like 59mb of video ram?? I've been reading up on this for hours and it seems like a common issue but I'm yet to find a successful resolution. Please help. All of my other high end graphics games seem to run perfectly, CoD: Black Ops, Dragon Age: Origins, Bad Company 2 etc
I recently purchased Grand Theft Auto IV and installed it only to find that it wouldn't work quite how I thought it would. I'm quite confident that my PC's specs are more then capable of running the game without this amount of fail. I own an ASUS notebook N53SV series, specs are as follows.

Processor: Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU

GPU: nVidia GeForce GT 540M

Memory: 4GB DDR3

Somebody please help me figure out what's going on. When I load the game textures are missing, there's no backgrounds, frequent lag. When I go into graphics settings it says I have something like 59mb of video ram?? I've been reading up on this for hours and it seems like a common issue but I'm yet to find a successful resolution. Please help. All of my other high end graphics games seem to run perfectly, CoD: Black Ops, Dragon Age: Origins, Bad Company 2 etc

Posted 03/10/2011 02:47 PM   
What drivers are you using?
Do you have the latest patch (1.0.7.0) installed?

With your hardware I would not set texture quality any higher than [b]medium.
[/b]view distance should be set to 25 as well.

See if that helps, if not then I will post with some more definitive GTA IV troubelshooting.

John
What drivers are you using?

Do you have the latest patch (1.0.7.0) installed?

With your hardware I would not set texture quality any higher than medium.

view distance should be set to 25 as well.

See if that helps, if not then I will post with some more definitive GTA IV troubelshooting.

John

MSI GTX 580 3GB Lightning XE , Factory Overclocked 832Mhz Core, 1664Mhz Shader and 4200Mhz Memory

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650

ASUS Rampage Extreme X48 Motherboard

8GB of DDR3 @ 1333Mhz CL8

NEC 24WMGX3

Windows 7 x64 with Service Pack 1

Creative Labs X-Fi Fatal1ty

Posted 03/11/2011 08:10 AM   
I've got the same problem here. Any sugestion?

BTW, what patch are you refering to?
I've got the same problem here. Any sugestion?

BTW, what patch are you refering to?

Posted 05/18/2011 10:15 PM   
sounds an optimus enabled laptop? theres still loads of issues with those, head on over to the optimus section of the forum, maybe you get some help over there.
sounds an optimus enabled laptop? theres still loads of issues with those, head on over to the optimus section of the forum, maybe you get some help over there.

Posted 05/19/2011 09:15 AM   
Scroll To Top