Can't extend my display Arghh!!!
I recently upgrade to Windows 7, which in turn upgraded my Nvidia Ion drivers, on my Acer Revo 1600. I used my Viore hdtv as an extended monitor with XP, and with Ubuntu 10, with no issues. Now all it will let me do is clone my original monitor, which is the only one it actually recognizes,(that is to say, that when I open up the multiple display function on the Nvidia Control Panel, as well as Window display properties, they both only show my primary monitor). On a side note, the detect displays function doesn't work either way, and Nvidia offered to force detection of my TV, which I did, which did not work, and now is causing my bootup to take longer, which would be fine, if it helped, but it doesn't, and won't let me undo it, so help on that front would be appreciated as well. As far as the dual displays, I am using a dual VGA splitter, as I only have one VGA output on my computer, and both my HDMI inputs are already being used on my TV. I think that covers everything. Suggestions?
I recently upgrade to Windows 7, which in turn upgraded my Nvidia Ion drivers, on my Acer Revo 1600. I used my Viore hdtv as an extended monitor with XP, and with Ubuntu 10, with no issues. Now all it will let me do is clone my original monitor, which is the only one it actually recognizes,(that is to say, that when I open up the multiple display function on the Nvidia Control Panel, as well as Window display properties, they both only show my primary monitor). On a side note, the detect displays function doesn't work either way, and Nvidia offered to force detection of my TV, which I did, which did not work, and now is causing my bootup to take longer, which would be fine, if it helped, but it doesn't, and won't let me undo it, so help on that front would be appreciated as well. As far as the dual displays, I am using a dual VGA splitter, as I only have one VGA output on my computer, and both my HDMI inputs are already being used on my TV. I think that covers everything. Suggestions?

Posted 03/07/2011 09:33 AM   
[quote name='Horton663' date='07 March 2011 - 04:33 AM' timestamp='1299490424' post='1203533']
[/quote]

Have you fully wiped and reinstalled your video drivers..?
[quote name='Horton663' date='07 March 2011 - 04:33 AM' timestamp='1299490424' post='1203533']

Have you fully wiped and reinstalled your video drivers..?

"Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed"

System:
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Intel i7 980X 6-core Extreme CPU
12GB Supertalent DDR3 1333
2x128GB Corsair SSD Raid 0 Array
1.5TB Seagate
500GB WD Caviar
ASUS P6T 3-way SLI Motherboard, x58 Skt 1366
EVGA GTX680 SC + Galaxy GTX680 in SLI
Corsair TX850 PSU
ThermalTake V9 Black Widow mid