GTX 460M compatible with 3d?
I have a Sager notebook with a GTX 460M. I have an AcerH5360 and I purchased a vision kit assuming that it was compatible. I have spent several hours installing and reinstalling drivers attempting to get the 3D to work. I went back through the list of supported video cards and noticed that the 460m is not on the list. I assumed that it was supported since the Asus G53JW is advertised as the 3d laptop with gtx460m video card. does this mean that I am SOL? or is there a way to get this to work with the 460m video card?

thanks
I have a Sager notebook with a GTX 460M. I have an AcerH5360 and I purchased a vision kit assuming that it was compatible. I have spent several hours installing and reinstalling drivers attempting to get the 3D to work. I went back through the list of supported video cards and noticed that the 460m is not on the list. I assumed that it was supported since the Asus G53JW is advertised as the 3d laptop with gtx460m video card. does this mean that I am SOL? or is there a way to get this to work with the 460m video card?

thanks

Posted 03/06/2011 02:30 AM   
I'm pretty darn sure you have the compatibility to play in 3d, your probably having some driver issues colliding.
I'm pretty darn sure you have the compatibility to play in 3d, your probably having some driver issues colliding.

Posted 03/06/2011 04:53 AM   
How are you connecting to the monitor?
How are you connecting to the monitor?

Posted 03/06/2011 09:30 PM   
[quote name='mcochran' date='05 March 2011 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1299378617' post='1202953']

thanks
[/quote]

Hi

460M does work fine with 3D Vision. Our website is just a bit messed up right now.

Does it work are you are just saying you are worried it wont work?
[quote name='mcochran' date='05 March 2011 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1299378617' post='1202953']

thanks

Hi

460M does work fine with 3D Vision. Our website is just a bit messed up right now.

Does it work are you are just saying you are worried it wont work?

Posted 03/07/2011 08:29 PM   
I am connecting to the projector with HDMI cable I have not tried the VGA. Settings for 3D display do not show up in the NVIDIA control panel.
In the all programs start menu I have a 3d Vision folder with programs; 3d vision photo viewer, 3D vision preview pack 1, enable 3d, disable 3d, NVIDIA 3d video player.
the photo viewer comes up with an error on launch saying " NVIDIA 3D Vision features not enabled. press OK to launch control panel. Please review stereo setup information."
There is not any stereo setup information in the NVIDIA control panel.
the other programs do nothing.

Please help. I am totally new at this.
thanks
I am connecting to the projector with HDMI cable I have not tried the VGA. Settings for 3D display do not show up in the NVIDIA control panel.

In the all programs start menu I have a 3d Vision folder with programs; 3d vision photo viewer, 3D vision preview pack 1, enable 3d, disable 3d, NVIDIA 3d video player.

the photo viewer comes up with an error on launch saying " NVIDIA 3D Vision features not enabled. press OK to launch control panel. Please review stereo setup information."

thanks

Posted 03/09/2011 09:49 PM   
[quote name='mcochran' date='09 March 2011 - 01:49 PM' timestamp='1299707355' post='1205029']

thanks
[/quote]
Does the projector show up in the Nvidia contol panel or anywhere for that fact? I know the 3D stuff didnt show up on my laptop untill I attached a compatable 3D LCD monitor. Id your Acer brand new? I read in an older thread about a firmware update for the projector! Once the Nvidia software sees the compatable projector it will enable the 3D menus.
[quote name='mcochran' date='09 March 2011 - 01:49 PM' timestamp='1299707355' post='1205029']

thanks

Does the projector show up in the Nvidia contol panel or anywhere for that fact? I know the 3D stuff didnt show up on my laptop untill I attached a compatable 3D LCD monitor. Id your Acer brand new? I read in an older thread about a firmware update for the projector! Once the Nvidia software sees the compatable projector it will enable the 3D menus.

Posted 03/09/2011 10:26 PM   
[quote name='SMOKESKULL' date='09 March 2011 - 02:26 PM' timestamp='1299709573' post='1205044']
[/quote]

It does recognize the projector and shows the correct model # in the Nvidia control panel however I cannot find any 3d display settings associated. i have had the projector for about a month.
[quote name='SMOKESKULL' date='09 March 2011 - 02:26 PM' timestamp='1299709573' post='1205044']

It does recognize the projector and shows the correct model # in the Nvidia control panel however I cannot find any 3d display settings associated. i have had the projector for about a month.

Posted 03/09/2011 10:40 PM   
[quote name='mcochran' date='09 March 2011 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1299710431' post='1205050']
[/quote]
Did you install only the graphic-drivers? Or did you install the 3D-Vision-Controller-driver as well?
you can find it here:[url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce-3d-vision-winvista-win7-266.21-whql-driver.html"]3D-Vision-Controller-Driver v266.21 WHQL[/url]
[quote name='mcochran' date='09 March 2011 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1299710431' post='1205050']

Did you install only the graphic-drivers? Or did you install the 3D-Vision-Controller-driver as well?

you can find it here:3D-Vision-Controller-Driver v266.21 WHQL

Desktop-PC

i7 870 + Zotac 470GTX AMP! + 12GB RAM + Win7 64Bit + AW2310+3D-Vision

Posted 03/09/2011 11:28 PM   
I cannot make this work. "set up stereoscopic display does not exist in the select a task tree. I have not tried the DVI port however I will need to adapt to D-sub/vga for the projector input. Will it work in this fashon. My sager has both a DVI and HDMI output. Which port supports 3D for Acer H5360?
thanks
I cannot make this work. "set up stereoscopic display does not exist in the select a task tree. I have not tried the DVI port however I will need to adapt to D-sub/vga for the projector input. Will it work in this fashon. My sager has both a DVI and HDMI output. Which port supports 3D for Acer H5360?

thanks

Posted 03/15/2011 05:12 AM   
Please use an HDMI connector from your notebook. I have done this with an ASUS laptop and it works fine.

What drivers are you using please?
Please use an HDMI connector from your notebook. I have done this with an ASUS laptop and it works fine.

Posted 03/15/2011 04:01 PM   
[quote name='andrewf@nvidia' date='15 March 2011 - 08:01 AM' timestamp='1300204876' post='1207934']

[/quote]

I am Using 266.58. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the projector connected, Disconnected, With the projector connected to to HDMI port, with the projector connected to the DVI port. I have tried installing the drivers individually, I have tried to install the drivers from the CD download. I am not having fun with this. the Stereoscopic menu will not show up in the tree.
What gives.

thanks
[quote name='andrewf@nvidia' date='15 March 2011 - 08:01 AM' timestamp='1300204876' post='1207934']

I am Using 266.58. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the projector connected, Disconnected, With the projector connected to to HDMI port, with the projector connected to the DVI port. I have tried installing the drivers individually, I have tried to install the drivers from the CD download. I am not having fun with this. the Stereoscopic menu will not show up in the tree.

What gives.

thanks

Posted 03/20/2011 05:59 AM   
I am sitting in front of the projector connected to the computer as i type this. the projector sees the 120hz signal. it is in Nvidia 3d mode. the Nvidia control panel recognizes the projector as the H5360. There are no options for stereoscopic display. I have the emitter connected to USB the LED is green. what am I doing wrong here. I am about to throw the whole thing out the window.

thanks
I am sitting in front of the projector connected to the computer as i type this. the projector sees the 120hz signal. it is in Nvidia 3d mode. the Nvidia control panel recognizes the projector as the H5360. There are no options for stereoscopic display. I have the emitter connected to USB the LED is green. what am I doing wrong here. I am about to throw the whole thing out the window.

thanks

Posted 03/20/2011 06:06 AM   
I am not totally sure what i did but it is working. /clap.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clap:' />
I am not totally sure what i did but it is working. /clap.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clap:' />

Posted 03/20/2011 07:13 AM   
[quote name='mcochran' date='20 March 2011 - 02:13 AM' timestamp='1300605229' post='1210376']
[/quote]

Is the projector set as the primary display?

Are you using an extra long USB cable to connect to the IR emitter?
[quote name='mcochran' date='20 March 2011 - 02:13 AM' timestamp='1300605229' post='1210376']

Is the projector set as the primary display?

Are you using an extra long USB cable to connect to the IR emitter?

Posted 03/21/2011 07:51 PM   
Scroll To Top