NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M resoltuion 2560x1440
I recently purchased a Lenovo W510 laptop with a NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M. Prior to purchase, I was told that it would work with my external monitor, but now after many hours of set-up, that is not the case.

Is there a way to make this latop/graphics card work with my Dell Ultrasharp 2711 monitor at 2560x1440 resolution?

The only faint lead I have is some sort of a graphics card adapter / DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter, but this is new to me, and not having a lot of luck finding something to work.

Lenovo is of no help.
I recently purchased a Lenovo W510 laptop with a NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M. Prior to purchase, I was told that it would work with my external monitor, but now after many hours of set-up, that is not the case.

Is there a way to make this latop/graphics card work with my Dell Ultrasharp 2711 monitor at 2560x1440 resolution?

The only faint lead I have is some sort of a graphics card adapter / DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter, but this is new to me, and not having a lot of luck finding something to work.

Lenovo is of no help.

Posted 02/28/2011 04:48 PM   
Does your laptop have a DisplayPort connector? If so, you should be able to use a DisplayPort cable to connect the notebook directly to the Dell U2711 as the U2711 has a DisplayPort input:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&sku=224-8284&redirect=1
Does your laptop have a DisplayPort connector? If so, you should be able to use a DisplayPort cable to connect the notebook directly to the Dell U2711 as the U2711 has a DisplayPort input:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&sku=224-8284&redirect=1

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 02/28/2011 05:04 PM   
Thank you for your reply!

Yes, by laptop and docking station have DisplayPort. I can connect via DisplayPort, but the resolution is very poor looking. If I go into the NVIDIA Control Panel, the highest resolution choice is 1080p, 1920x1080. Are there other settings I should be adjusting elsewhere? Screen shot of control panel attached.
Thank you for your reply!

Yes, by laptop and docking station have DisplayPort. I can connect via DisplayPort, but the resolution is very poor looking. If I go into the NVIDIA Control Panel, the highest resolution choice is 1080p, 1920x1080. Are there other settings I should be adjusting elsewhere? Screen shot of control panel attached.

Posted 02/28/2011 06:21 PM   
Just to be clear, are you connecting directly DisplayPort to DisplayPort or are you using a DisplayPort to DVI adapter from your docking station?
Just to be clear, are you connecting directly DisplayPort to DisplayPort or are you using a DisplayPort to DVI adapter from your docking station?

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 02/28/2011 07:43 PM   
At the moment, I am directly connected from the laptop to the monitor using DisplayPort - one cable, no adapters. Once/if I can get it to work as desired, then I will add the docking station into the mix.

Thank you again!
At the moment, I am directly connected from the laptop to the monitor using DisplayPort - one cable, no adapters. Once/if I can get it to work as desired, then I will add the docking station into the mix.

Thank you again!

Posted 02/28/2011 08:01 PM   
I have now tried a DisplayPort to DVI Dual-Link Adapter, and can get the desired/native resolution on the monitor. BUT, not sure that it is all good. I feel like I see a delay in drawing. Not sure if this is what is meant by ghosting or not. For example, in Photoshop, if I am moving an object across the screen, I feel I can still see the old and new position for a split second. But it is enough for my eye to detect. UGH!
I have now tried a DisplayPort to DVI Dual-Link Adapter, and can get the desired/native resolution on the monitor. BUT, not sure that it is all good. I feel like I see a delay in drawing. Not sure if this is what is meant by ghosting or not. For example, in Photoshop, if I am moving an object across the screen, I feel I can still see the old and new position for a split second. But it is enough for my eye to detect. UGH!

Posted 03/02/2011 06:40 PM   
Hi,.. I have the same situation. thinkpad w510, fx 880M graphic card. I have connected to my new purchused Dell U2711 and I cant get the maz resolution of 2560*1440. I have connected the laptop to monitor with the Display port cable provided in the Monitor package. Do I have to buy display port to Dual DVI link adaptor or Display to DVI adaptor?
Hi,.. I have the same situation. thinkpad w510, fx 880M graphic card. I have connected to my new purchused Dell U2711 and I cant get the maz resolution of 2560*1440. I have connected the laptop to monitor with the Display port cable provided in the Monitor package. Do I have to buy display port to Dual DVI link adaptor or Display to DVI adaptor?

Posted 01/09/2012 06:42 PM   
Scroll To Top