NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M resoltuion 2560x1440
I recently purchased a Lenovo W510 laptop with a NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M. Prior to purchase, I was told that it would work with my external monitor, but now after many hours of set-up, that is not the case.

Is there a way to make this latop/graphics card work with my Dell Ultrasharp 2711 monitor at 2560x1440 resolution?

The only faint lead I have is some sort of a graphics card adapter / DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter, but this is new to me, and not having a lot of luck finding something to work.

Lenovo is of no help.
I recently purchased a Lenovo W510 laptop with a NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M. Prior to purchase, I was told that it would work with my external monitor, but now after many hours of set-up, that is not the case.

Is there a way to make this latop/graphics card work with my Dell Ultrasharp 2711 monitor at 2560x1440 resolution?

The only faint lead I have is some sort of a graphics card adapter / DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter, but this is new to me, and not having a lot of luck finding something to work.

Lenovo is of no help.

Posted 02/28/2011 04:48 PM   
Does your laptop have a DisplayPort connector? If so, you should be able to use a DisplayPort cable to connect the notebook directly to the Dell U2711 as the U2711 has a DisplayPort input:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&sku=224-8284&redirect=1
Does your laptop have a DisplayPort connector? If so, you should be able to use a DisplayPort cable to connect the notebook directly to the Dell U2711 as the U2711 has a DisplayPort input:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&sku=224-8284&redirect=1

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 02/28/2011 05:04 PM   
Thank you for your reply!

Yes, by laptop and docking station have DisplayPort. I can connect via DisplayPort, but the resolution is very poor looking. If I go into the NVIDIA Control Panel, the highest resolution choice is 1080p, 1920x1080. Are there other settings I should be adjusting elsewhere? Screen shot of control panel attached.
Thank you for your reply!

Yes, by laptop and docking station have DisplayPort. I can connect via DisplayPort, but the resolution is very poor looking. If I go into the NVIDIA Control Panel, the highest resolution choice is 1080p, 1920x1080. Are there other settings I should be adjusting elsewhere? Screen shot of control panel attached.

Posted 02/28/2011 06:21 PM   
Just to be clear, are you connecting directly DisplayPort to DisplayPort or are you using a DisplayPort to DVI adapter from your docking station?
Just to be clear, are you connecting directly DisplayPort to DisplayPort or are you using a DisplayPort to DVI adapter from your docking station?

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 02/28/2011 07:43 PM   
At the moment, I am directly connected from the laptop to the monitor using DisplayPort - one cable, no adapters. Once/if I can get it to work as desired, then I will add the docking station into the mix.

Thank you again!
At the moment, I am directly connected from the laptop to the monitor using DisplayPort - one cable, no adapters. Once/if I can get it to work as desired, then I will add the docking station into the mix.

Thank you again!

Posted 02/28/2011 08:01 PM   
I have now tried a DisplayPort to DVI Dual-Link Adapter, and can get the desired/native resolution on the monitor. BUT, not sure that it is all good. I feel like I see a delay in drawing. Not sure if this is what is meant by ghosting or not. For example, in Photoshop, if I am moving an object across the screen, I feel I can still see the old and new position for a split second. But it is enough for my eye to detect. UGH!
I have now tried a DisplayPort to DVI Dual-Link Adapter, and can get the desired/native resolution on the monitor. BUT, not sure that it is all good. I feel like I see a delay in drawing. Not sure if this is what is meant by ghosting or not. For example, in Photoshop, if I am moving an object across the screen, I feel I can still see the old and new position for a split second. But it is enough for my eye to detect. UGH!

Posted 03/02/2011 06:40 PM   
Hi,.. I have the same situation. thinkpad w510, fx 880M graphic card. I have connected to my new purchused Dell U2711 and I cant get the maz resolution of 2560*1440. I have connected the laptop to monitor with the Display port cable provided in the Monitor package. Do I have to buy display port to Dual DVI link adaptor or Display to DVI adaptor?
Hi,.. I have the same situation. thinkpad w510, fx 880M graphic card. I have connected to my new purchused Dell U2711 and I cant get the maz resolution of 2560*1440. I have connected the laptop to monitor with the Display port cable provided in the Monitor package. Do I have to buy display port to Dual DVI link adaptor or Display to DVI adaptor?

Posted 01/09/2012 06:42 PM   
Scroll To Top