Lets Call Nvidia's Bluff Tired of the Optimus Problems?
  1 / 2    
Sorry if you read my post in another topic, but no one seems to be putting a and b together so I wanted to share my findings and thoughts regarding Optimus. People are having so many different problems with this architecture that it is time someone stood up... This will probably be deleted by someone in Nvidia that is hiding the truth from us so read quick!

I went to the Intel Channel and Embedded conference this year. Intel specifically stated that Nvidia is no longer allowed to make chipsets for the new Intel processors. This was information that was released freely to us at the conference with no NDA required... I thought it was scary hearing what I was being told, but here is what I took from it...

Well if you have one of the new Sandy Bridge architectures, you are SOL. Intel will not let Nvidia make any chipsets or support chips for Intel's new processors. That means that Nvidia was forced to push their notebook 3D acceleration through the Intel GPU's frame/display buffer on the Intel CPU. This creates all kinds of FPS game lags (steam games especially) amongst many other anomalies that make us all angry. Nvidia ADMITTED that this "minor" lag will exist, but it will not have any effect you could notice... FALSE ADVERTISING BUDDY!!! That claim has been proven false.

If you think I am wrong... DISABLE THE INTEL GPU IN DEVICE MANAGER... Not uninstall, but DISABLE IT. POOF NO MORE VIDEO. PERIOD. The Nvidia GPU has no direct LCD access.

Now I am not just an ordinary user. I own an award winning computer repair center and have held the highest Notebook score in 3DMark 06 and Vantage twice now. I do know what I am doing.... I have beat this laptop sideways for a month. No stone has been left unturned in my troubleshooting. This tech is just broken.

To place blame on just Nvidia is wrong. Intel has essentially clipped Nvidia's nuts when it comes to pairing GPU's to the new Sandy Bridge architecture. I am angry at Intel and I have lost complete and total faith in Nvidia as of this. Nvidia knows the problems. They cannot really do anything about it so they are ignoring us... I bought my Toshiba GT540M laptop with a Intel i7-2630QM mobile. Granted, the CPU is blazing fast, but the broken Nvidia graphics solution is going to make me return the laptop and go back to an ATI solution. My ATI HD5650 laptop whopped the GT540M in gaming with only an AMD Triple-core. That is sad.... According to Nvidia's bragging, The GT540M should be noticeably faster than the 5650.

If we could switch to dedicated Nvidia, that would probably be the case. Blame intel for that. Blame Nvidia for writing a terrible driver solution that does not work properly.

Forgot to also state that Intel was bragging heavily on how their new "integraged" gpu is almost as fast as the Nvidia/ATI solutions anyway and that gap will close soon.... Is intel trying to push Nvidia/ATI out of the market?

As for me, I am going to take advantage of the Sandy Bridge recall and return my last Nvidia GPU and get something that works properly. I am not even going to offer Nvidia anymore in my store either. This is the last straw. Nvidia has wasted my money AGAIN!
Sorry if you read my post in another topic, but no one seems to be putting a and b together so I wanted to share my findings and thoughts regarding Optimus. People are having so many different problems with this architecture that it is time someone stood up... This will probably be deleted by someone in Nvidia that is hiding the truth from us so read quick!

I went to the Intel Channel and Embedded conference this year. Intel specifically stated that Nvidia is no longer allowed to make chipsets for the new Intel processors. This was information that was released freely to us at the conference with no NDA required... I thought it was scary hearing what I was being told, but here is what I took from it...

Well if you have one of the new Sandy Bridge architectures, you are SOL. Intel will not let Nvidia make any chipsets or support chips for Intel's new processors. That means that Nvidia was forced to push their notebook 3D acceleration through the Intel GPU's frame/display buffer on the Intel CPU. This creates all kinds of FPS game lags (steam games especially) amongst many other anomalies that make us all angry. Nvidia ADMITTED that this "minor" lag will exist, but it will not have any effect you could notice... FALSE ADVERTISING BUDDY!!! That claim has been proven false.

If you think I am wrong... DISABLE THE INTEL GPU IN DEVICE MANAGER... Not uninstall, but DISABLE IT. POOF NO MORE VIDEO. PERIOD. The Nvidia GPU has no direct LCD access.

Now I am not just an ordinary user. I own an award winning computer repair center and have held the highest Notebook score in 3DMark 06 and Vantage twice now. I do know what I am doing.... I have beat this laptop sideways for a month. No stone has been left unturned in my troubleshooting. This tech is just broken.

To place blame on just Nvidia is wrong. Intel has essentially clipped Nvidia's nuts when it comes to pairing GPU's to the new Sandy Bridge architecture. I am angry at Intel and I have lost complete and total faith in Nvidia as of this. Nvidia knows the problems. They cannot really do anything about it so they are ignoring us... I bought my Toshiba GT540M laptop with a Intel i7-2630QM mobile. Granted, the CPU is blazing fast, but the broken Nvidia graphics solution is going to make me return the laptop and go back to an ATI solution. My ATI HD5650 laptop whopped the GT540M in gaming with only an AMD Triple-core. That is sad.... According to Nvidia's bragging, The GT540M should be noticeably faster than the 5650.

If we could switch to dedicated Nvidia, that would probably be the case. Blame intel for that. Blame Nvidia for writing a terrible driver solution that does not work properly.

Forgot to also state that Intel was bragging heavily on how their new "integraged" gpu is almost as fast as the Nvidia/ATI solutions anyway and that gap will close soon.... Is intel trying to push Nvidia/ATI out of the market?

As for me, I am going to take advantage of the Sandy Bridge recall and return my last Nvidia GPU and get something that works properly. I am not even going to offer Nvidia anymore in my store either. This is the last straw. Nvidia has wasted my money AGAIN!

Posted 02/24/2011 08:05 PM   
Are there even any notebook platforms that use the p67 chipset? That should be the dead giveaway from there.

And why single out Sandy? The Lynfields with integrated GPU's should face the same issues.

The whole hybrid graphics are lost on me. In the current market, if you want a gaming laptop, you really only fit into a small segment. If you want a work laptop and to just surf the tubes; you are probably more interested in battery life. The throttling technologies and power efficiencies are just not up to snuff yet for hybridization of these tasks.
Are there even any notebook platforms that use the p67 chipset? That should be the dead giveaway from there.

And why single out Sandy? The Lynfields with integrated GPU's should face the same issues.

The whole hybrid graphics are lost on me. In the current market, if you want a gaming laptop, you really only fit into a small segment. If you want a work laptop and to just surf the tubes; you are probably more interested in battery life. The throttling technologies and power efficiencies are just not up to snuff yet for hybridization of these tasks.

8130p @ 5.1Ghz : GTX 570 x2 - cuda workstation

i5-2500k @ 4.4Ghz : GTX 570 - itx media pc

Posted 02/24/2011 08:21 PM   
The whole Nvidia not allowed to make chipsets for Intel CPU is very old news, which is why Nvidia is stuck trying to get GPUs to work on Intel system via Optimus.

The big problem about Optimus is each driver has to be tailor-made to each individual laptop model as laptops use overly customized components to a point where 2 model do not look the same. One driver may work very well in one laptop model, but run horribly on another laptop model.

This is one of the reasons why I will never ever game on a laptop, the driver support will be horrendous.

On top of that, unless companies, like Dell, Toshiba, and HP, give Nvidia permission to include their [u]laptop model[/u] to participate in the unified drivers released by Nvidia, they are in charge of releasing new customized driver for the laptop. The problem is these companies do not care much about gaming, they only care that a driver runs stable enough to get to the desktop.
The whole Nvidia not allowed to make chipsets for Intel CPU is very old news, which is why Nvidia is stuck trying to get GPUs to work on Intel system via Optimus.

The big problem about Optimus is each driver has to be tailor-made to each individual laptop model as laptops use overly customized components to a point where 2 model do not look the same. One driver may work very well in one laptop model, but run horribly on another laptop model.

This is one of the reasons why I will never ever game on a laptop, the driver support will be horrendous.

On top of that, unless companies, like Dell, Toshiba, and HP, give Nvidia permission to include their laptop model to participate in the unified drivers released by Nvidia, they are in charge of releasing new customized driver for the laptop. The problem is these companies do not care much about gaming, they only care that a driver runs stable enough to get to the desktop.

eVGA Z68 SLI | Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.5 GHz | Corsair Hydro Series H80i
8GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 | EVGA GTX 580 | OCZ ZX 1000W
OCZ Agility3 120 GB SSD + SanDisk Ultra 120GB SSD
Samsung UN55D6000 + Samsung T240
Win8 Pro x64 / WEI - 8.0 - 8.0 - 8.1 - 8.1 - 7.8
3DMark11 - P7545 / Vantage (PPU disabled) - P28859
F@H Team: 142900

Posted 02/24/2011 09:17 PM   
It's not like I'm going to carry around a MS 360 controller for my laptop.

The extent of my laptop gaming is (and will continue to be) Neo Geo emulators. :)
It's not like I'm going to carry around a MS 360 controller for my laptop.

The extent of my laptop gaming is (and will continue to be) Neo Geo emulators. :)

8130p @ 5.1Ghz : GTX 570 x2 - cuda workstation

i5-2500k @ 4.4Ghz : GTX 570 - itx media pc

Posted 02/24/2011 11:20 PM   
Notebooks in general have always been a bit more complicated when it comes to driver support. Toshiba only recently gave us permission to support some of their notebooks via the Verde notebook driver program and only for the 3D Vision certified notebooks. You are also comparing the wrong GPU to ATI's. You are comparing our x4x series to ATI's x6x series. A better comparison would have been the Geforce 560M. I know you said you were going to return your notebook but if you change your mind, let me know and I will ask our driver team if they can ask Toshiba if your notebook can be supported. I will just need to know the model of your notebook.
Notebooks in general have always been a bit more complicated when it comes to driver support. Toshiba only recently gave us permission to support some of their notebooks via the Verde notebook driver program and only for the 3D Vision certified notebooks. You are also comparing the wrong GPU to ATI's. You are comparing our x4x series to ATI's x6x series. A better comparison would have been the Geforce 560M. I know you said you were going to return your notebook but if you change your mind, let me know and I will ask our driver team if they can ask Toshiba if your notebook can be supported. I will just need to know the model of your notebook.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 02/25/2011 05:01 PM   
Slightly on-topic: Didn't NVidia WIN that lawsuit, which means they CAN again make chipsets for Intel processors? Or did I read that news wrong a few weeks back?
Slightly on-topic: Didn't NVidia WIN that lawsuit, which means they CAN again make chipsets for Intel processors? Or did I read that news wrong a few weeks back?

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 02/25/2011 07:38 PM   
[quote name='Goddess84' date='25 February 2011 - 02:38 PM' timestamp='1298662722' post='1199070']
[/quote]

[quote]Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huan said that “we’ve already said many times that we have no intention to build chipsets for Intel processors,” and that “it’s a foregone conclusion that ARM is the most important [chip] architecture.”[/quote]
[url="http://nukezilla.com/2011/01/11/intel-and-nvidia-settle-licensing-lawsuit-with-1-5-billion-payout-to-nvidia/"]source[/url]

EG
[quote name='Goddess84' date='25 February 2011 - 02:38 PM' timestamp='1298662722' post='1199070']

Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huan said that “we’ve already said many times that we have no intention to build chipsets for Intel processors,” and that “it’s a foregone conclusion that ARM is the most important [chip] architecture.”

source

EG

In Memory Of Chris Arthington "One Cool Cat"

Posted 02/25/2011 07:48 PM   
[quote name='ManuelG' date='25 February 2011 - 12:01 PM' timestamp='1298653268' post='1198994']
[/quote]

Manuel............STILL NO PunkBuster Fix.......WHY!!!!!!! Have we ALL not been patient enough waiting for a fix, which STILL isn't available?
[quote name='ManuelG' date='25 February 2011 - 12:01 PM' timestamp='1298653268' post='1198994']

Manuel............STILL NO PunkBuster Fix.......WHY!!!!!!! Have we ALL not been patient enough waiting for a fix, which STILL isn't available?

Posted 03/01/2011 03:46 PM   
[quote name='Massive Overkill' date='01 March 2011 - 10:46 AM' timestamp='1298994401' post='1200419']
[/quote]

As manuel stated

[quote][color="#FF0000"]oshiba only recently gave us permission to support some of their notebooks via the Verde notebook driver program and only for the 3D Vision certified notebooks.[/color][/quote]

also

[quote][color="#FF0000"] let me know and I will ask our driver team if they can ask Toshiba if your notebook can be supported. I will just need to know the model of your notebook.[/color][/quote]

So it would seem you lappy isnt supported by Nvidias driver sets. Many lappys are like this and a great bit of research should be done before purchasing one.

EG
[quote name='Massive Overkill' date='01 March 2011 - 10:46 AM' timestamp='1298994401' post='1200419']

As manuel stated

oshiba only recently gave us permission to support some of their notebooks via the Verde notebook driver program and only for the 3D Vision certified notebooks.

also

let me know and I will ask our driver team if they can ask Toshiba if your notebook can be supported. I will just need to know the model of your notebook.

So it would seem you lappy isnt supported by Nvidias driver sets. Many lappys are like this and a great bit of research should be done before purchasing one.

EG

Posted 03/01/2011 03:51 PM   
[quote name='ExtremeGrandpa' date='01 March 2011 - 10:51 AM' timestamp='1298994667' post='1200421']
As manuel stated

also

EG
[/quote]

Alienware M11XR2 isn't supported eh?
[quote name='ExtremeGrandpa' date='01 March 2011 - 10:51 AM' timestamp='1298994667' post='1200421']

As manuel stated

also

EG

Posted 03/01/2011 04:09 PM   
[quote name='Massive Overkill' date='01 March 2011 - 11:09 AM' timestamp='1298995788' post='1200433']
[/quote]

That happened because you attempted to enter another thread and hijack it. I was on the topic at hand and you were not. The topic was Toshiba laptops in this thread and you never stated Alienware or otherwise.

If people would stop posting offtopic posts within a thread this wouldnt happen.
[quote name='Massive Overkill' date='01 March 2011 - 11:09 AM' timestamp='1298995788' post='1200433']

That happened because you attempted to enter another thread and hijack it. I was on the topic at hand and you were not. The topic was Toshiba laptops in this thread and you never stated Alienware or otherwise.

If people would stop posting offtopic posts within a thread this wouldnt happen.

Posted 03/01/2011 09:49 PM   
agreed with OP

games are using integrated than the actual gpu - so playing with bad fps is just stupid.

i regret buying a dell xps 15 despite even if the gpu is good (no.. wait, good when you can't use it?)

even with it being 'optimus', it doesnt even work regardless so i rather have the gpu all the time.
agreed with OP

games are using integrated than the actual gpu - so playing with bad fps is just stupid.

i regret buying a dell xps 15 despite even if the gpu is good (no.. wait, good when you can't use it?)

even with it being 'optimus', it doesnt even work regardless so i rather have the gpu all the time.

Posted 03/02/2011 01:41 AM   
[quote name='ManuelG' date='25 February 2011 - 09:01 AM' timestamp='1298653268' post='1198994']
[/quote]

Yeah I will call you on that too. I have been away messing with this thing and frankly sir, you are wrong. The last 2 Verde drivers support this notebook (including the 267 beta), so this Toshiba notebook has been supported. The model number is A665-5813. Intel i7-2630QM with GT 540M Optimus. I changed the stock HD out for a Momentus XT 500GB/4GB NAND drive. I have "worked" the drivers and settings in the notebook and have achieved great results in the last week or so. IT IS DRIVER/HARDWARE RELATED. After tweaking I get about 10-20% of the frame lag, ghosting, jumpiness that I used to get.

Otherwise this laptop beats my i7-860 desktop with 16GB and dual 5870's on about half of my CPU test I run. Now that is FAAAAAST. But the graphics are flawed making this solution an eyesore. Granted as well, not everyone uses computers like I do either and I understand that, But many of us do. And it is not just Toshiba. Alienware, Dell, and others are reporting the same with pretty much all the Optimus solutions. Deliver on your promises or your company goes down as liars and cheats. Ignoring us only makes it worse. The voice will grow as more get their hands on these laptops. Google is NOT your friend...

Now about your x4x to x6x comparison... Do you do research? The GT 540M outperforms the ATI 5650 in framerate in every game I play. The framerate is NOT the issue here. Look at notebookreview's spec page. The GT 540M > HD6560. My laptops prove the same. But there is a frame lag that is horrible. Mostly in steam related games. Seems to be related to either the hyperthreading or multicore support. World of Warcraft does run flawlessly and SMOKES the HD 5650. Even on my 1080p HDTV.

The GT 560M you mention is more able to be compared to the HD57XX and 58XX notebook chips. Your chip numbering comparison to ATI is flawed in the notebook division as of the 4XX series. Nvidia is generally faster at the same "levels" now. My results have proven that with several different notebooks now.

My notebook though has been recalled, but the Sata 3.0 issue does not apply to my unit as it only uses the Sata 6 ports. I am keeping it because I have got the optimus working to a point that is acceptable now. But it was hell to get there...

Oh, and NVIDIA... The GT 5xxM series has been out for a bit now and STILL NO OPTION LISTED IN THE DRIVER PAGES. Come on, now that is sloppy... Once again, ignored...

Fix this for everyone.... or recall it because you cannot "game" on this chipset without pain, crashes, and hardship. That is false advertising IMO on a "gaming" ready graphics option.

Remember, I am not dumb on this stuff. I am a graphics crackhead. I am one of the guys that you hate because we find the methods of unlocking locked cores and pipes and stuff. Please just fix the problem or issue a statement that is better than suggesting I got the card comparison wrong and Toshiba didn't let us support anything other than the 3D models... Don't you license the chips to them? Shouldn't YOU make sure THEY are implementing them in a way that is compatible with YOU? Either that or Toshiba are a bunch of douch#$.
[quote name='ManuelG' date='25 February 2011 - 09:01 AM' timestamp='1298653268' post='1198994']

Yeah I will call you on that too. I have been away messing with this thing and frankly sir, you are wrong. The last 2 Verde drivers support this notebook (including the 267 beta), so this Toshiba notebook has been supported. The model number is A665-5813. Intel i7-2630QM with GT 540M Optimus. I changed the stock HD out for a Momentus XT 500GB/4GB NAND drive. I have "worked" the drivers and settings in the notebook and have achieved great results in the last week or so. IT IS DRIVER/HARDWARE RELATED. After tweaking I get about 10-20% of the frame lag, ghosting, jumpiness that I used to get.

Otherwise this laptop beats my i7-860 desktop with 16GB and dual 5870's on about half of my CPU test I run. Now that is FAAAAAST. But the graphics are flawed making this solution an eyesore. Granted as well, not everyone uses computers like I do either and I understand that, But many of us do. And it is not just Toshiba. Alienware, Dell, and others are reporting the same with pretty much all the Optimus solutions. Deliver on your promises or your company goes down as liars and cheats. Ignoring us only makes it worse. The voice will grow as more get their hands on these laptops. Google is NOT your friend...

Now about your x4x to x6x comparison... Do you do research? The GT 540M outperforms the ATI 5650 in framerate in every game I play. The framerate is NOT the issue here. Look at notebookreview's spec page. The GT 540M > HD6560. My laptops prove the same. But there is a frame lag that is horrible. Mostly in steam related games. Seems to be related to either the hyperthreading or multicore support. World of Warcraft does run flawlessly and SMOKES the HD 5650. Even on my 1080p HDTV.

The GT 560M you mention is more able to be compared to the HD57XX and 58XX notebook chips. Your chip numbering comparison to ATI is flawed in the notebook division as of the 4XX series. Nvidia is generally faster at the same "levels" now. My results have proven that with several different notebooks now.

My notebook though has been recalled, but the Sata 3.0 issue does not apply to my unit as it only uses the Sata 6 ports. I am keeping it because I have got the optimus working to a point that is acceptable now. But it was hell to get there...

Oh, and NVIDIA... The GT 5xxM series has been out for a bit now and STILL NO OPTION LISTED IN THE DRIVER PAGES. Come on, now that is sloppy... Once again, ignored...

Fix this for everyone.... or recall it because you cannot "game" on this chipset without pain, crashes, and hardship. That is false advertising IMO on a "gaming" ready graphics option.

Remember, I am not dumb on this stuff. I am a graphics crackhead. I am one of the guys that you hate because we find the methods of unlocking locked cores and pipes and stuff. Please just fix the problem or issue a statement that is better than suggesting I got the card comparison wrong and Toshiba didn't let us support anything other than the 3D models... Don't you license the chips to them? Shouldn't YOU make sure THEY are implementing them in a way that is compatible with YOU? Either that or Toshiba are a bunch of douch#$.

Posted 03/05/2011 05:07 AM   
Dude... he posted that "not supported by current drivers" like... 8 days ago. Those drivers you're talking about that DO support it, were released in the past 8 days. Get your facts straight before you go accusing an NVidia employee of "lying".

Here we are once again with the misconception that Laptops are made for gaming... they aren't folks. They're mobile computing devices. They were never MEANT to be made in to gaming machines. That's something manufacturers, not NVidia or ATI, forced on the market. It's their fault that support for laptops is so poor, as, like Manuel said, a lot of laptop makers won't even LET NVidia have ACCESS to the hardware to make drivers for it, the manufacturer makes their OWN.

If you want to game, buy a desktop like a sane person. If you don't wanna "Dish out the money on a desktop" I suggest you look in to consoles and get out of an industry you have no business being in.
Dude... he posted that "not supported by current drivers" like... 8 days ago. Those drivers you're talking about that DO support it, were released in the past 8 days. Get your facts straight before you go accusing an NVidia employee of "lying".

Here we are once again with the misconception that Laptops are made for gaming... they aren't folks. They're mobile computing devices. They were never MEANT to be made in to gaming machines. That's something manufacturers, not NVidia or ATI, forced on the market. It's their fault that support for laptops is so poor, as, like Manuel said, a lot of laptop makers won't even LET NVidia have ACCESS to the hardware to make drivers for it, the manufacturer makes their OWN.

If you want to game, buy a desktop like a sane person. If you don't wanna "Dish out the money on a desktop" I suggest you look in to consoles and get out of an industry you have no business being in.

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 03/05/2011 05:29 AM   
Ahhh... "goddess" know your facts before you wave your wand. Your reply reeks of inexperience. I stated that even the 266.58 series drivers supported my Toshiba straight from Nvidia as well ( I said the last 2 drivers in my post. That would mean the 266.58 and 267 betas). The 266's have been out for quite a while now. More than 8 days I think. Do you understand how the board level components work with each other? I mean the chips, caps, transistors, etc? Have you ever hand modded a video or any driver to work for your hardware? Have you ever been a technical training manager for a top 3 computer corporation? I have. I challenge you to call Alienware and repeat your last post and watch the entire company laugh at you.

And I do not agree. I concur that ALL laptops are not for gaming. But I dare you to say that to my ex-Dell M1730 with Dual 8800GTX's... It's on youtube. I broke the 3dMark 06 and Vantage Laptop records with that one and held them for quite a while. Now the cpu on this Toshiba would smoke the Dell, I agree that this Toshiba laptop is not for serious gaming. I am not benching Crysis on it or anything. It is for casually playing games like TF2, and WoW at home while I sit upon my couch, surfing the web, and I also remote desktop to clients to fix their stuff on it. I also use this in my home music studio because of the CPU power. If I want to really game, I use my desktop that I built last year at the computer shop I own...

Ready for this? It's gonna hurt.... And it doesn't matter if your CPU is faster, I just gonna bust your point.

Oh and don't talk to me about gaming.... I present My work desktop:

Antec 900 Case
ASRock P55 Deluxe w/SATA6
Core i7-860 overclocked to Pi. (3.14GHZ-3.8GHZ Turbo) I am waiting for my i7 2600K CPU.
16GB G-SKILL DDR3-1600 CL7
2 - 500GB WD Black in Raid0
2 - 2TB Segate 7.2K 32MB HD in Raid 0 for customer data backups over gigabit
2 - ATI Radeon HD5870 1GB in Crossfire
1 - Geforce 9600GT Hacked in for PHYSX support
5.1 Bose audio system

3 - Dell P2210 Monitors (used daily) AND 3- Sceptre 22" 2ms Gaming Monitors (2 used daily)
Primarily run in 5x1 config with occasional 3x2 setups for lan parties we host.

Yes... I possess a 6 screen gaming monster. And it is about to get upgraded.

And that doesn't include the professional audio equipment I have hooked to it as well.

So learn how to read the WHOLE post you comment about before you decide to state your .02... I personally have spent a month researching and decoding these problems for not only myself but several of my clients that are having problems as well. I see all the problems people are having here as well and the lack of response. One thread on this forum jokes over waiting 3 months now for a reply... Someone has to help. I just happen to have the privilege to do it for a living.

So instead of trolling posts, try and help. I am trying to stir Nvidia into addressing the community about all the problems. Their silence would suggest they are listening, but they need to be involved with the community that can help them best. That is us.
Ahhh... "goddess" know your facts before you wave your wand. Your reply reeks of inexperience. I stated that even the 266.58 series drivers supported my Toshiba straight from Nvidia as well ( I said the last 2 drivers in my post. That would mean the 266.58 and 267 betas). The 266's have been out for quite a while now. More than 8 days I think. Do you understand how the board level components work with each other? I mean the chips, caps, transistors, etc? Have you ever hand modded a video or any driver to work for your hardware? Have you ever been a technical training manager for a top 3 computer corporation? I have. I challenge you to call Alienware and repeat your last post and watch the entire company laugh at you.

And I do not agree. I concur that ALL laptops are not for gaming. But I dare you to say that to my ex-Dell M1730 with Dual 8800GTX's... It's on youtube. I broke the 3dMark 06 and Vantage Laptop records with that one and held them for quite a while. Now the cpu on this Toshiba would smoke the Dell, I agree that this Toshiba laptop is not for serious gaming. I am not benching Crysis on it or anything. It is for casually playing games like TF2, and WoW at home while I sit upon my couch, surfing the web, and I also remote desktop to clients to fix their stuff on it. I also use this in my home music studio because of the CPU power. If I want to really game, I use my desktop that I built last year at the computer shop I own...

Ready for this? It's gonna hurt.... And it doesn't matter if your CPU is faster, I just gonna bust your point.

Oh and don't talk to me about gaming.... I present My work desktop:

Antec 900 Case

ASRock P55 Deluxe w/SATA6

Core i7-860 overclocked to Pi. (3.14GHZ-3.8GHZ Turbo) I am waiting for my i7 2600K CPU.

16GB G-SKILL DDR3-1600 CL7

2 - 500GB WD Black in Raid0

2 - 2TB Segate 7.2K 32MB HD in Raid 0 for customer data backups over gigabit

2 - ATI Radeon HD5870 1GB in Crossfire

1 - Geforce 9600GT Hacked in for PHYSX support

5.1 Bose audio system

3 - Dell P2210 Monitors (used daily) AND 3- Sceptre 22" 2ms Gaming Monitors (2 used daily)

Primarily run in 5x1 config with occasional 3x2 setups for lan parties we host.

Yes... I possess a 6 screen gaming monster. And it is about to get upgraded.

And that doesn't include the professional audio equipment I have hooked to it as well.

So learn how to read the WHOLE post you comment about before you decide to state your .02... I personally have spent a month researching and decoding these problems for not only myself but several of my clients that are having problems as well. I see all the problems people are having here as well and the lack of response. One thread on this forum jokes over waiting 3 months now for a reply... Someone has to help. I just happen to have the privilege to do it for a living.

So instead of trolling posts, try and help. I am trying to stir Nvidia into addressing the community about all the problems. Their silence would suggest they are listening, but they need to be involved with the community that can help them best. That is us.

Posted 03/05/2011 07:07 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top