GeForce and Quadro FX in one computer GeForce 7800 GTX + Quadro FX 4500X2 with actual drivers (2011)
Hey Guys,

I started this topic some time ago. Anyway, in some other threads I read that this topic is still an actual issue for some people. On the other hand my old thread is too long so that you fall asleep before you have finished reading. So here I will be very short. But the reason is also, that the new drivers are better than the ones from 2008. If you still want to use old drivers, here you will find [i]my old thread, including some photo of the configuration[/i]:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=56925

There is an issue with nView. I propose not to install the nView option. It crashed my explorer.exe when I loaded some nView settings, so I had to reboot. I did not make further investigations, what the reason maybe. Perhaps if you do not use some special options, nView will work. If you install it without to use it, there are also no problems, but it does not make so much sense /rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

[b]
Configuration[/b]

1 X PNY/nVidia Quadro FX 4500X2
1 X nVidia 7800 GTX

As long as you use PCIe cards, this process should work fine also with other cards. But please be aware that de-installing AGP drivers on older computers may cause serious trouble with Windows (blank screens)!

[b]Install Packages for Drivers[/b]

266.45-Quadro-winxp-32bit-international-whql.exe (Quadro FX)
266.58_desktop_winxp_32bit_international_whql.exe (GeForce)

[b]NVIDIA Quadro FX + GeForce INSTALL[/b]

I assume here that both cards are already installed and you have to de-install the old drivers. If you have a new Windows installation, you can start here /w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' /> with only the GeForce card in its slot, the Quadro card removed.

Download both drivers

Both cards in slots

de-install old nVidia drivers (nVidia divers, performance drivers)

turn off computer

remove Quadro Card

/w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' />

start computer

install GeForce driver

restart computer -> GeForce must work now

turn off computer

remove GeForce

insert Quadro card

start computer

install Quadro (Performance) driver

restart computer -> Quadro must work now

turn off computer

insert GeForce card

start computer -> Quadro and GeForce must work now

Good Luck!
Meister Petz
Hey Guys,

I started this topic some time ago. Anyway, in some other threads I read that this topic is still an actual issue for some people. On the other hand my old thread is too long so that you fall asleep before you have finished reading. So here I will be very short. But the reason is also, that the new drivers are better than the ones from 2008. If you still want to use old drivers, here you will find my old thread, including some photo of the configuration:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=56925

There is an issue with nView. I propose not to install the nView option. It crashed my explorer.exe when I loaded some nView settings, so I had to reboot. I did not make further investigations, what the reason maybe. Perhaps if you do not use some special options, nView will work. If you install it without to use it, there are also no problems, but it does not make so much sense /rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Configuration

1 X PNY/nVidia Quadro FX 4500X2

1 X nVidia 7800 GTX

As long as you use PCIe cards, this process should work fine also with other cards. But please be aware that de-installing AGP drivers on older computers may cause serious trouble with Windows (blank screens)!

Install Packages for Drivers

266.45-Quadro-winxp-32bit-international-whql.exe (Quadro FX)

266.58_desktop_winxp_32bit_international_whql.exe (GeForce)

NVIDIA Quadro FX + GeForce INSTALL

I assume here that both cards are already installed and you have to de-install the old drivers. If you have a new Windows installation, you can start here /w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' /> with only the GeForce card in its slot, the Quadro card removed.

Download both drivers

Both cards in slots

de-install old nVidia drivers (nVidia divers, performance drivers)

turn off computer

remove Quadro Card

/w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' />

start computer

install GeForce driver

restart computer -> GeForce must work now

turn off computer

remove GeForce

insert Quadro card

start computer

install Quadro (Performance) driver

restart computer -> Quadro must work now