GeForce 8400 GS = NO sound
I installed the 8400 and am running two monitors. I can't get sound to play through either the monitor's speakers or the 2.1 system i've always had.

The control panel tells me I have no audio devices installed. Running Vista. Anybody have a suggestion? Thanks.
I installed the 8400 and am running two monitors. I can't get sound to play through either the monitor's speakers or the 2.1 system i've always had.

The control panel tells me I have no audio devices installed. Running Vista. Anybody have a suggestion? Thanks.

Posted 02/22/2011 05:06 PM   
I'm in EXACTLY the same boat but with XP. What did you end up doing? There are a bunch of posts like this and I haven't found one with a solution yet.
I'm in EXACTLY the same boat but with XP. What did you end up doing? There are a bunch of posts like this and I haven't found one with a solution yet.

Posted 09/08/2011 10:26 PM   
Speakers must be connected to an audio output (motherboard or sound card).

Since Device Manager shows no audio device installed...it is not installed properly (hardware and/or drivers).
Speakers must be connected to an audio output (motherboard or sound card).

Since Device Manager shows no audio device installed...it is not installed properly (hardware and/or drivers).

James, Santa Barbara CA

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit

Processor Pentium 4, 3.40GHz, Step 10, 64-bit

MB Intel D915GEV

RAM 4.00 GB (2.87 usable)

Primary hard disk Seagate, 1TB, 7200rpm, SATA, 3.0GB/s

Secondary hard disk Western Digital, 500GB, SATA, 3.0GB/s

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 512MB

Audio Creative SB Audigy with Breakaway Audio Processing software

Microsoft Security Essentials, WAU on, IE9, Chrome, Silverlight, Live Essentials, Office Ultimate 2007, Office Visio Pro 2007, Office Live Add-In, Zune, iTunes, Foxit Reader, CCleaner, Registry Crawler

Posted 09/20/2011 08:09 AM   
Scroll To Top