PhysX SDK not initialized?
hello,
I have a GTX 480 and 240 GT for PhysX
after installing the latest driver 266.58

when I start mafia 2 or batman
out a notice that says:
PhysX SDK not initialized. PhysX System Software Will Be Installed.

[img]http://i52.tinypic.com/2nubf5.jpg[/img]

and then I downloaded a SDK 2.8.1
installed and nothing to do ...
uninstalled and reinstalled the PhysX and nothing more ...
I look with GPU-Z and it is not checked at the square of PhysX in both video cards!

I then follow a procedure completely eliminated from the mega pc any remaining NVIDIA formatted by the system as if I had ...

reinstalled 266.58 drivers look gassed up GPU-Z and Nieto!
I do not see anko in both the PhysX card!

somebody can help me? or understand the problem?

my system:

MOB: Asus P6T Deluxe V2
CPU: i7 920 @ 4.00 Ghz
GPU: Zotac GTX 480 @ 800/1600/4008 + Sparkle GT 240 GDDR5 1GB per PhysX
RAM: 6GB DDR3 1600Mhz
hello,

I have a GTX 480 and 240 GT for PhysX

after installing the latest driver 266.58

when I start mafia 2 or batman

out a notice that says:

PhysX SDK not initialized. PhysX System Software Will Be Installed.

and then I downloaded a SDK 2.8.1

installed and nothing to do ...

uninstalled and reinstalled the PhysX and nothing more ...

I look with GPU-Z and it is not checked at the square of PhysX in both video cards!

I then follow a procedure completely eliminated from the mega pc any remaining NVIDIA formatted by the system as if I had ...

reinstalled 266.58 drivers look gassed up GPU-Z and Nieto!

I do not see anko in both the PhysX card!

somebody can help me? or understand the problem?

my system:

MOB: Asus P6T Deluxe V2

CPU: i7 920 @ 4.00 Ghz

GPU: Zotac GTX 480 @ 800/1600/4008 + Sparkle GT 240 GDDR5 1GB per PhysX

RAM: 6GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Posted 02/13/2011 09:36 PM   
[b]Dark6H6R6Hero[/b]

Check if PhysX Drivers were installed properly - NVIDIA Control Panel -> Help -> System Information -> Components. It should display "PhysX - 9.10.0514"

If nothing is found, install them [url=http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.10.0513-driver.html]manually[/url]
Dark6H6R6Hero

Check if PhysX Drivers were installed properly - NVIDIA Control Panel -> Help -> System Information -> Components. It should display "PhysX - 9.10.0514"

If nothing is found, install them manually
Posted 02/14/2011 12:35 AM   
are installed correctly! if that is the problem I would not have come this far with a problem so simple
are installed correctly! if that is the problem I would not have come this far with a problem so simple

Posted 02/14/2011 10:07 AM   
Hi, I had the same problem with Batman:AA but my symptoms were slightly different.

I'm running 2 X 9800GT in SLI with a GT 240 dedicated to PhysX.

Everything was running great with the 260.99 WHQL drivers until I installed the 266.58 WHQL and had some problems.

Batman:AA ran fine after installation and I played for a while but at the end of my session the game crashed at the menu screen. I rebooted and had some trouble with 2D desktop and 3D (Google Earth). I then preceeded to uninstall the 266.58 drivers and revert back to 260.99 WHQL, choosing to keep the PhysX and HD Audio portions of the driver.

Upon reboot and installing the 260.99 WHQL drivers I noticed they detected that PhysX and the HD Audio were present (same or newer version) and I only installed the graphics driver.

I then tried to play Batman:AA and it crashed claiming PhysX was not present. I couldn't even load the game now so I decided to go back to the latest 266.58 WHQL drivers since I had played the game just fine with them. I didn't do a clean install but instead installed everything over the old 260.99 drivers and walla I'm working again with PhysX and HD Audio drivers.

My conclusion is that there is some sort of problem with the installer removing things you say to keep and then not replacing them. Try to go backwards and then forwards like I did because I believe the drivers function correctly but this new nVidia installer may a few quirks yet to be worked out.
Hi, I had the same problem with Batman:AA but my symptoms were slightly different.

I'm running 2 X 9800GT in SLI with a GT 240 dedicated to PhysX.

Everything was running great with the 260.99 WHQL drivers until I installed the 266.58 WHQL and had some problems.

Batman:AA ran fine after installation and I played for a while but at the end of my session the game crashed at the menu screen. I rebooted and had some trouble with 2D desktop and 3D (Google Earth). I then preceeded to uninstall the 266.58 drivers and revert back to 260.99 WHQL, choosing to keep the PhysX and HD Audio portions of the driver.

Upon reboot and installing the 260.99 WHQL drivers I noticed they detected that PhysX and the HD Audio were present (same or newer version) and I only installed the graphics driver.

I then tried to play Batman:AA and it crashed claiming PhysX was not present. I couldn't even load the game now so I decided to go back to the latest 266.58 WHQL drivers since I had played the game just fine with them. I didn't do a clean install but instead installed everything over the old 260.99 drivers and walla I'm working again with PhysX and HD Audio drivers.

My conclusion is that there is some sort of problem with the installer removing things you say to keep and then not replacing them. Try to go backwards and then forwards like I did because I believe the drivers function correctly but this new nVidia installer may a few quirks yet to be worked out.

Posted 02/17/2011 02:09 AM   
Scroll To Top