Nvidia high definition audio driver will not install Windows XP, 8500 GT, Direct X 9.oc, Nvidia au
I finally decided to connect my PC to my HD TV via an HDMI and everything works but the sound! (Windows XP 32bit - Nvidia 8500 GT video card, DirectX 9.0c, HP model m9150x)

I figured out that I need the "Nvidia high definition audio driver" but no matter how many *times* I install the latest driver (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-266.58-whql-driver.html) it never installs the Nvidia audio driver (to make the sound work on the HD TV).

1) I have missing devices or devices not found in Device manager. "Scan for new hardware" also picks up nothing.
2) Uninstalling all the audio devices and then installing the 266.58 driver does nothing, even after a restart/re-install.
3) I saw an older, stand-alone "Nvidia audio driver" on the nvidia.com and tried that but did not work.
4) I went to the nvidia driver folder on my PC and went directly to the HD audio info file and right-clicked "install" but it also didn't work.

Anyone have any tips or ideas to get the Nvidia audio driver to install??

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you!!
MrH

(P.S. I am aware to make the audio work through the HD TV I should go to the control panel and then Sound and then select the Nvidia audio device as the sound device).
I finally decided to connect my PC to my HD TV via an HDMI and everything works but the sound! (Windows XP 32bit - Nvidia 8500 GT video card, DirectX 9.0c, HP model m9150x)

I figured out that I need the "Nvidia high definition audio driver" but no matter how many *times* I install the latest driver (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-266.58-whql-driver.html) it never installs the Nvidia audio driver (to make the sound work on the HD TV).

1) I have missing devices or devices not found in Device manager. "Scan for new hardware" also picks up nothing.

2) Uninstalling all the audio devices and then installing the 266.58 driver does nothing, even after a restart/re-install.

3) I saw an older, stand-alone "Nvidia audio driver" on the nvidia.com and tried that but did not work.

4) I went to the nvidia driver folder on my PC and went directly to the HD audio info file and right-clicked "install" but it also didn't work.

Anyone have any tips or ideas to get the Nvidia audio driver to install??

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you!!

MrH

(P.S. I am aware to make the audio work through the HD TV I should go to the control panel and then Sound and then select the Nvidia audio device as the sound device).

Posted 02/08/2011 03:43 PM   
Scroll To Top