NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 network card
ok, so, I have a NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 network card and I am running a cisco-linksys wrt400n simultaneous dual-band wireless-n router. I was connected to the router using a network cable (NOT using the wireless)

I can connect to the internet perfectly fine, no problems.
I can connect to my work VPN, no problems.

When I try and remote desktop though, it just hangs and hangs, then says it cannot connect.

I have 2 other computers, and both can connect to the VPN and remote desktop perfectly fine.

After going through many trials and whatnot with the main IT at my job for 2 hours, I decided to hook up the wirless to see if that would work.

So, using my cisco-linksys ae1000 high-performance wireless-n adapter connected though a USB port, I connected to my router just fine, and voila, the Remote Desktop works perfectly.

That is how I came to the conclusion that the problem has to be some setting I need to change, that I don't know what it is on my network card. I have messed around with a few options on it, to no avail.

Can anyone help me out with this issue?

Thank you in advance.
ok, so, I have a NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 network card and I am running a cisco-linksys wrt400n simultaneous dual-band wireless-n router. I was connected to the router using a network cable (NOT using the wireless)

I can connect to the internet perfectly fine, no problems.

I can connect to my work VPN, no problems.

When I try and remote desktop though, it just hangs and hangs, then says it cannot connect.

I have 2 other computers, and both can connect to the VPN and remote desktop perfectly fine.

After going through many trials and whatnot with the main IT at my job for 2 hours, I decided to hook up the wirless to see if that would work.

So, using my cisco-linksys ae1000 high-performance wireless-n adapter connected though a USB port, I connected to my router just fine, and voila, the Remote Desktop works perfectly.

That is how I came to the conclusion that the problem has to be some setting I need to change, that I don't know what it is on my network card. I have messed around with a few options on it, to no avail.

Can anyone help me out with this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Posted 02/04/2011 08:11 PM   
Scroll To Top