"this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware" GeForce 8400 GS Issue
So, I recently bought a GeForce 8400 GS to put into my Inspiron 530s (Cheap dell computer). After putting it in my computer and tossing the drivers disk in, I got an error when I tried to install the drivers. I double checked to make sure I was installing the right ones and it still didnt work. So I tried to download the drivers directly from Nvidia and I got the same error:

"this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"

You can probably see where my frustration comes from. The graphics card is there, it's a GeForce 8400 GS, but for whatever reason, my computer doesn't think it is. Anyone know any solutions to this, preferably in layman's terms because I don't know alot of computer jargon =)

Danke, Tkay.
So, I recently bought a GeForce 8400 GS to put into my Inspiron 530s (Cheap dell computer). After putting it in my computer and tossing the drivers disk in, I got an error when I tried to install the drivers. I double checked to make sure I was installing the right ones and it still didnt work. So I tried to download the drivers directly from Nvidia and I got the same error:

"this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"

You can probably see where my frustration comes from. The graphics card is there, it's a GeForce 8400 GS, but for whatever reason, my computer doesn't think it is. Anyone know any solutions to this, preferably in layman's terms because I don't know alot of computer jargon =)

Danke, Tkay.

Posted 02/03/2011 12:02 AM   
Have you figured out the fix for this? I am having similar issue with same graphics card and my desktop is Dell Vostro series PC.
Any help would be appreciated...
Have you figured out the fix for this? I am having similar issue with same graphics card and my desktop is Dell Vostro series PC.

Any help would be appreciated...

Posted 06/07/2011 07:10 PM   
Not limited to the G8400 ! also happens on the ION2 aka GT218 hopefully it will be fixed soon ?

Dar.
Not limited to the G8400 ! also happens on the ION2 aka GT218 hopefully it will be fixed soon ?

Dar.

Posted 06/08/2011 11:22 PM   
I am also a unlucky guy like you. I have bought a 9800GT 1GB graphics card. But when I go to install the driver I saw a error massage that "this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics graphics hardware."

If anybody knows any solution about this problem please reply.
I am also a unlucky guy like you. I have bought a 9800GT 1GB graphics card. But when I go to install the driver I saw a error massage that "this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics graphics hardware."

If anybody knows any solution about this problem please reply.

Posted 06/10/2011 11:50 AM   
i am having the same issues i purchased a zotac geforce 9500gt 1gb anybody have a solution
i am having the same issues i purchased a zotac geforce 9500gt 1gb anybody have a solution

Posted 08/22/2011 03:55 AM   
We are having the same problems too. NVidia GeForce 8400 GS, PCI, on Windows 7. Exact same error message, no use downloading the updated drivers from the NVidia site, same error occurs - can anyone help?
We are having the same problems too. NVidia GeForce 8400 GS, PCI, on Windows 7. Exact same error message, no use downloading the updated drivers from the NVidia site, same error occurs - can anyone help?

Posted 08/22/2011 12:15 PM   
possibly OEM distribution card (OEM cards may vary from regular Nvidia cards - different core counts or Shader Freq than similar cards)
Cards that are included with systems (like DELL or HP...may be OEM CARDS) or built right onto Motherboard

you may need to go to OEM vendor for your machine

if you recently bought the card (NEW not used) go to the CARD Manufacturer to see if they have a new driver on their website (which may have a inf patch)
possibly OEM distribution card (OEM cards may vary from regular Nvidia cards - different core counts or Shader Freq than similar cards)

Cards that are included with systems (like DELL or HP...may be OEM CARDS) or built right onto Motherboard

you may need to go to OEM vendor for your machine

if you recently bought the card (NEW not used) go to the CARD Manufacturer to see if they have a new driver on their website (which may have a inf patch)

ImageImage

Join the NVidia Forum Team - Please Help Medical Research - Folding@home

Posted 08/22/2011 03:02 PM   
I also have just bought a EN8400GS with windows 7 OS, I also get the error message "System cannot be modified" went to the web site of the manufacture downloaded the drivers and still I get the same error message. Tried to download from NVIDA and still the same error message. NVIDA cards are not compatible with windows I guess...what should we do?
I also have just bought a EN8400GS with windows 7 OS, I also get the error message "System cannot be modified" went to the web site of the manufacture downloaded the drivers and still I get the same error message. Tried to download from NVIDA and still the same error message. NVIDA cards are not compatible with windows I guess...what should we do?

Posted 08/23/2011 07:18 PM   
@ all above:

In device manager can you see if there is an item with a yellow question mark next to it?
If not, it may be that the card has not been discovered by windows and could be the reason the driver won't install.

Also, check your computers BIOS settings, as there may be an option that enables/disables PCI ports or tells it to use the pci first.
@ all above:

In device manager can you see if there is an item with a yellow question mark next to it?

If not, it may be that the card has not been discovered by windows and could be the reason the driver won't install.

Also, check your computers BIOS settings, as there may be an option that enables/disables PCI ports or tells it to use the pci first.

Posted 08/24/2011 05:58 AM   
Scroll To Top