8800GT switch TO Gigabyte GTX 460
Hello,
I'm having almost exact same issues with GTX460 like most people, which I bought recently. The problems started immediately at start, I was excited that I could now play games with higher graphics etc. But after switching from 8800GT to Gigabyte GTX 460 OC version I have this horrible stuttering in some games, my sound bugs, it stutters too when I eg. play full screen flash then I have horrible, horrible fps in some games like COD Black Ops(Yes I know, buggy), BC2 and WoW, some games like DCUO work wonderfully and have no problems, EVE also but they don't require so much from the computer like the other games. With my earlier card, GF 8800GT I had much better fps in all of these games which I've described, [u][b]AND I HAD NO FOLLOWING PROBLEMS:[/b][/u]

1. I have very high DPC latency (on the red)
2. Odd flash lag when watching fullscreen flash, not youtube but others like octoshape flash plugin etc.
---------------
No lag when watching 1080p bluray full screen etc.
----------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/10/09 18:27:06 Ver: 08.00.12
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (GIGABYTE)
MB: Asus P5B-Plus
PSU: NEW 550W PSU from Chieftec which I bought just for this(though my earlier one needed an upgrade anyway)

I have the latest drivers for everything, I have also tried older ones for devices such as JMICRON SATA controller and disabling other devices like HD AUDIO from the GTX 460 and my integrated audio device with the P5B MB, I've searched the threads for the past two days for solutions, tried almost everything. I even waited for the new drivers from NVIDIA if that'd fix this problem. I've read that a lot of people, especially people with P5X motherboards are having problems with this card.

********These problems started when I put in my GTX 460********

So now I have two options, get another gtx 460(or other nvidia card) or get a radeon 5000 or 6000 series card which don't seem to have such problems as this card as I've read on the ATI forums. Not in SUCH A LARGE SCALE, which is crazy. I've always been an nvidia guy even since the Riva TNT days. So - what to do? Waiting for your guys' answers :-)
Hello,

I'm having almost exact same issues with GTX460 like most people, which I bought recently. The problems started immediately at start, I was excited that I could now play games with higher graphics etc. But after switching from 8800GT to Gigabyte GTX 460 OC version I have this horrible stuttering in some games, my sound bugs, it stutters too when I eg. play full screen flash then I have horrible, horrible fps in some games like COD Black Ops(Yes I know, buggy), BC2 and WoW, some games like DCUO work wonderfully and have no problems, EVE also but they don't require so much from the computer like the other games. With my earlier card, GF 8800GT I had much better fps in all of these games which I've described, AND I HAD NO FOLLOWING PROBLEMS:

1. I have very high DPC latency (on the red)

2. Odd flash lag when watching fullscreen flash, not youtube but others like octoshape flash plugin etc.

---------------

No lag when watching 1080p bluray full screen etc.

----------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/10/09 18:27:06 Ver: 08.00.12

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (GIGABYTE)

MB: Asus P5B-Plus

PSU: NEW 550W PSU from Chieftec which I bought just for this(though my earlier one needed an upgrade anyway)

I have the latest drivers for everything, I have also tried older ones for devices such as JMICRON SATA controller and disabling other devices like HD AUDIO from the GTX 460 and my integrated audio device with the P5B MB, I've searched the threads for the past two days for solutions, tried almost everything. I even waited for the new drivers from NVIDIA if that'd fix this problem. I've read that a lot of people, especially people with P5X motherboards are having problems with this card.

********These problems started when I put in my GTX 460********

So now I have two options, get another gtx 460(or other nvidia card) or get a radeon 5000 or 6000 series card which don't seem to have such problems as this card as I've read on the ATI forums. Not in SUCH A LARGE SCALE, which is crazy. I've always been an nvidia guy even since the Riva TNT days. So - what to do? Waiting for your guys' answers :-)
Attachments

nvidia_gtx460.png

Posted 01/21/2011 07:45 PM   
Fresh 550W Chieftec PSU, I doubt it's my PSU since the card can run at 98-99% through anything without any drops in voltage or anything else odd and it's 100W more pure wattage than recommended on nvidia specs.

[img]http://www.coolermaster.com/upload/product_feature/GX550_4.jpg[/img]
Fresh 550W Chieftec PSU, I doubt it's my PSU since the card can run at 98-99% through anything without any drops in voltage or anything else odd and it's 100W more pure wattage than recommended on nvidia specs.

Posted 01/22/2011 07:46 AM   
OMG, I can't believe what was the problem, while glancing for the last time before switching back to 8800 GT at my GPU-z SPECS, like in my attached pic the PCI-E rail was running 16x @ 1x, so the card was running at 1x speed - so I googled that, ALL I NEEDED TO DO WAS TO CLEAN THE PCI-E RAIL! NOW ITS WORKING PERFECT! I'm so glad! :D

Is there a [SOLVED] Kind of thing here?
OMG, I can't believe what was the problem, while glancing for the last time before switching back to 8800 GT at my GPU-z SPECS, like in my attached pic the PCI-E rail was running 16x @ 1x, so the card was running at 1x speed - so I googled that, ALL I NEEDED TO DO WAS TO CLEAN THE PCI-E RAIL! NOW ITS WORKING PERFECT! I'm so glad! :D

Posted 01/22/2011 08:58 AM   
[quote name='chumppi' date='22 January 2011 - 10:58 AM' timestamp='1295686729' post='1181589']

[/quote]

i'm sorry, i didn't get that, what did you do?
why the card was running 1x?
google what?

please answer to your best detail, i have the same problem.
[quote name='chumppi' date='22 January 2011 - 10:58 AM' timestamp='1295686729' post='1181589']

google what?

Posted 01/22/2011 11:16 AM   
When looking at the GPU-Z I noticed the card was running Bus Interface "PCI-E x16 @ x1", when it's supposed to run x16 @ x16, then I googled the problem, "x16 running x1 gtx 460" and found a really simple solution: take your GPU out of the RAIL, clean the rail(I cleaned mine with a vaccuum at low RPM<- maybe just swipe it with a swab or something) and re-attach the GPU. Then in windows GPU-Z showed PCI-E x16 @ x16 and cleaning the pcie rail fixed all my problems, runs perfectly now.

[quote name='Gigantic Fox' date='22 January 2011 - 01:16 PM' timestamp='1295694978' post='1181619']
google what?

[/quote]
When looking at the GPU-Z I noticed the card was running Bus Interface "PCI-E x16 @ x1", when it's supposed to run x16 @ x16, then I googled the problem, "x16 running x1 gtx 460" and found a really simple solution: take your GPU out of the RAIL, clean the rail(I cleaned mine with a vaccuum at low RPM<- maybe just swipe it with a swab or something) and re-attach the GPU. Then in windows GPU-Z showed PCI-E x16 @ x16 and cleaning the pcie rail fixed all my problems, runs perfectly now.

[quote name='Gigantic Fox' date='22 January 2011 - 01:16 PM' timestamp='1295694978' post='1181619']

google what?

Posted 01/22/2011 01:50 PM   
[quote name='chumppi' date='22 January 2011 - 03:50 PM' timestamp='1295704231' post='1181656']
[/quote]

sadly(kind of) in my pc it's running X16 just like it's suppouse to. so my problem is not there.
nvidia realy pisses me off with this nonsense "-_-
[quote name='chumppi' date='22 January 2011 - 03:50 PM' timestamp='1295704231' post='1181656']

sadly(kind of) in my pc it's running X16 just like it's suppouse to. so my problem is not there.

nvidia realy pisses me off with this nonsense "-_-

Posted 01/22/2011 08:44 PM   
Scroll To Top