Drivers need for GT 540M
  1 / 4    
Hello there,

I recently bought a new laptop with a nVidia GT 540M built in, but no drivers were pre-installed. Where I can find drivers that support the GT 540M as the recent Verde release 266.58 apparently does not support any 500M series cards? Or can I use those anyways? Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!!
Pete
Hello there,

I recently bought a new laptop with a nVidia GT 540M built in, but no drivers were pre-installed. Where I can find drivers that support the GT 540M as the recent Verde release 266.58 apparently does not support any 500M series cards? Or can I use those anyways? Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!!

Pete

Posted 01/19/2011 09:54 AM   
[quote name='PistolPeteGER' date='19 January 2011 - 09:54 AM' timestamp='1295430870' post='1179626']
Hello there,

Thanks a lot!!
Pete
[/quote]

Hey Pete,

Please let me know if you hear anything about drivers for this 540m. I just picked up a lap top with the graphics card in it (reviews seemed okay for hte price, better than the 425-435.) But I am having a hell of atime finding drivers. so if ANYONE can help, please do so.

Thanks /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
[quote name='PistolPeteGER' date='19 January 2011 - 09:54 AM' timestamp='1295430870' post='1179626']

Hello there,

Thanks a lot!!

Pete

Hey Pete,

Please let me know if you hear anything about drivers for this 540m. I just picked up a lap top with the graphics card in it (reviews seemed okay for hte price, better than the 425-435.) But I am having a hell of atime finding drivers. so if ANYONE can help, please do so.

Thanks /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Posted 01/24/2011 02:30 PM   
Really need drivers for GT 540M. Anyone know when it will be out?
Really need drivers for GT 540M. Anyone know when it will be out?

Posted 01/25/2011 07:01 PM   
You need to go to your notebook website like acer and download from that

sorry for poor english
You need to go to your notebook website like acer and download from that

sorry for poor english

Posted 01/29/2011 03:07 PM   
I really need a driver for my gt540m too!

NVIDIA pls give us a response when the driver will be released (or will it ever be released????)

regards
I really need a driver for my gt540m too!

NVIDIA pls give us a response when the driver will be released (or will it ever be released????)

regards

Posted 02/11/2011 09:43 AM   
Hi.

I have the same problem. Device Manager 'sees' the display adapter, Everest 'sees' it as a device, but not as a display device. I cant use it. My monitor is on some poor integrated VGA with bad resolution and so on.

Please, somebody come up with a solution.
Hi.

I have the same problem. Device Manager 'sees' the display adapter, Everest 'sees' it as a device, but not as a display device. I cant use it. My monitor is on some poor integrated VGA with bad resolution and so on.

Posted 02/17/2011 01:03 AM   
[quote name='Petko Tsankov' date='17 February 2011 - 02:03 AM' timestamp='1297904636' post='1194768']
Hi.

[/quote]

I use the 266,58 driver from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ and it works just fine.
Good luck
[quote name='Petko Tsankov' date='17 February 2011 - 02:03 AM' timestamp='1297904636' post='1194768']

Hi.

I use the 266,58 driver from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ and it works just fine.

Good luck

Posted 02/17/2011 03:22 PM   
If your laptop didn't come with the drivers preinstalled something is seriously wrong there. All laptops are supposed to come preconfigured with drivers already installed for all hardware. I suggest returning to the store you got it from and having them fix it, or if you bought it online, go the manufacturer's website, and have them send you drivers.

As I said, this should've been done by the laptop maker, and isn't really NVidia's doing, so if you're angry, direct your anger at the right people, the dipsticks who sold you a laptop without drivers for the card on it! lol
If your laptop didn't come with the drivers preinstalled something is seriously wrong there. All laptops are supposed to come preconfigured with drivers already installed for all hardware. I suggest returning to the store you got it from and having them fix it, or if you bought it online, go the manufacturer's website, and have them send you drivers.

As I said, this should've been done by the laptop maker, and isn't really NVidia's doing, so if you're angry, direct your anger at the right people, the dipsticks who sold you a laptop without drivers for the card on it! lol

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 02/17/2011 03:26 PM   
Has anyone managed to find some drivers yet?

I have just got a new Acer 5742G with a GT 540m (with Optimus) that I can't seem to use. It shows up in device manager as a display adaptor, but with a yellow exclamation mark.

I have installed the latest drivers and bios updates from Acer but still no luck.

Any ideas?
Has anyone managed to find some drivers yet?

I have just got a new Acer 5742G with a GT 540m (with Optimus) that I can't seem to use. It shows up in device manager as a display adaptor, but with a yellow exclamation mark.

I have installed the latest drivers and bios updates from Acer but still no luck.

Any ideas?

Posted 02/21/2011 09:18 PM   
i have same problem. Asus Aspire 5742G with GeForce GT540M (1 GB) and drivers cant install. Pleas do something.
i have same problem. Asus Aspire 5742G with GeForce GT540M (1 GB) and drivers cant install. Pleas do something.

Posted 02/23/2011 10:53 PM   
i got my crap working /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' />

Posted 02/24/2011 09:14 PM   
[quote name='n3wb0y' date='24 February 2011 - 03:14 PM' timestamp='1298582079' post='1198577']
[/quote]

can you help me get my drivers updated? i just got a acer laptop and it has the gt 540m. but it is using the intel hd drivers. please help! Thanks in advance.
[quote name='n3wb0y' date='24 February 2011 - 03:14 PM' timestamp='1298582079' post='1198577']

can you help me get my drivers updated? i just got a acer laptop and it has the gt 540m. but it is using the intel hd drivers. please help! Thanks in advance.

Posted 02/25/2011 10:55 PM   
Nvidia, please give 500M series a driver.
Nvidia, please give 500M series a driver.

Posted 02/27/2011 07:15 PM   
I got ASUS N53SV(with GT 540M) 1 month ago. Drivers were there but i found several bugs in games which, i guess, happen because of video drivers(like water not showing in WoW). So in fact, atm all 500M cards are not fully supported by nvidia itself or what? Since latest drivers build not supporting all 500M line.
I got ASUS N53SV(with GT 540M) 1 month ago. Drivers were there but i found several bugs in games which, i guess, happen because of video drivers(like water not showing in WoW). So in fact, atm all 500M cards are not fully supported by nvidia itself or what? Since latest drivers build not supporting all 500M line.

Posted 02/28/2011 08:33 AM   
I have resorted to turning off my nvidia card for the time being. the integrated graphics card gets better fps, so i have gone with it(thank god it came on the laptop). i certainly hope this nvidia card driver problem is resolved soon. I am kind of angry about it to be honest. the reason i dropped 650 on this laptop is because it had this "new great" video card from nvidia..
I have resorted to turning off my nvidia card for the time being. the integrated graphics card gets better fps, so i have gone with it(thank god it came on the laptop). i certainly hope this nvidia card driver problem is resolved soon. I am kind of angry about it to be honest. the reason i dropped 650 on this laptop is because it had this "new great" video card from nvidia..

Posted 02/28/2011 09:30 AM   
  1 / 4    
Scroll To Top