3d vision not working after new patch
hi guys
my 3d vision was workign well, ive istalled the new patch on my gtx470 and the 3d wont work
any ideas please ?
thanks in advance
John
hi guys

my 3d vision was workign well, ive istalled the new patch on my gtx470 and the 3d wont work

any ideas please ?

thanks in advance

John

Posted 01/19/2011 12:02 AM   
By patch I assume you mean driver.
You'll either have to wait for the 3D Vision CD package, or download the Beta version of the emitter driver and install that.
The 266.xx drivers don't work with the old emitter driver.

You'll either have to wait for the 3D Vision CD package, or download the Beta version of the emitter driver and install that.

Posted 01/19/2011 12:52 AM   
[quote name='ERP' date='19 January 2011 - 12:52 AM' timestamp='1295398353' post='1179408']
[/quote]
I managed to get 3d to work after installing the 266.58 driver. I ran the 266.35 USB Emitter driver and after a couple if frustrating attempts of 3d vision not showing up in Control Panel I got it to work. Although that USB driver shows as version 266.21 for some reason.
[quote name='ERP' date='19 January 2011 - 12:52 AM' timestamp='1295398353' post='1179408']

I managed to get 3d to work after installing the 266.58 driver. I ran the 266.35 USB Emitter driver and after a couple if frustrating attempts of 3d vision not showing up in Control Panel I got it to work. Although that USB driver shows as version 266.21 for some reason.

Posted 01/19/2011 08:20 AM   
Thanks for the replies guys
I'll have to have a play about when i get home later.

I must say I am surprised and disappointed that nvidia release drivers that don't actually run their products properly without all this messing about.
Thanks for the replies guys

I'll have to have a play about when i get home later.

I must say I am surprised and disappointed that nvidia release drivers that don't actually run their products properly without all this messing about.

Posted 01/19/2011 12:02 PM   
It's always been like this, the latest supported version of the driver that supports 3DVision is the one on the CD. i.e. the one you get when you select 3DVision in the driver Wizard on NVidias page, rather than your graphics card.
The CD is usually a few days later than the display driver release
What NVidia has done recently is let you download the Emitter driver separately.
It's always been like this, the latest supported version of the driver that supports 3DVision is the one on the CD. i.e. the one you get when you select 3DVision in the driver Wizard on NVidias page, rather than your graphics card.

The CD is usually a few days later than the display driver release

What NVidia has done recently is let you download the Emitter driver separately.
Posted 01/19/2011 05:26 PM   
[quote name='ERP' date='18 January 2011 - 06:52 PM' timestamp='1295398353' post='1179408']
[/quote]

Hi

The new CD 1.45 kits are now live.

Notebook http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce-3d-vision-notebook-winvista-win7-cd-1.45-whql-driver.html
Desktop http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce-3d-vision-winvista-win7-cd-1.45-whql-driver.html
[quote name='ERP' date='18 January 2011 - 06:52 PM' timestamp='1295398353' post='1179408']

Hi

The new CD 1.45 kits are now live.

Notebook http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce-3d-vision-notebook-winvista-win7-cd-1.45-whql-driver.html

Desktop http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce-3d-vision-winvista-win7-cd-1.45-whql-driver.html

Posted 01/19/2011 05:49 PM   
Ah lovely
Thank you
Ah lovely

Thank you

Posted 01/20/2011 10:25 AM   
[quote]I must say I am surprised and disappointed that nvidia release drivers that don't actually run their products properly without all this messing about.[/quote]
There's not much messing about once you know what you're doing. Just get the CD and do it's install instead of the normal graphics driver download the mere mortal... <ahem> the non-3D Vision owners use.

It WOULD be nice if the drivers could pop up a quick message of some kind if the USB drivers exist but are clearly older than what the drivers expect.

There's not much messing about once you know what you're doing. Just get the CD and do it's install instead of the normal graphics driver download the mere mortal... <ahem> the non-3D Vision owners use.

It WOULD be nice if the drivers could pop up a quick message of some kind if the USB drivers exist but are clearly older than what the drivers expect.

Posted 01/20/2011 02:25 PM   
Anyone having trouble with the Stereoscopic Player not shutting down properly after the new update. I get an error message box on closing the program. When you open the player now it immediately goes to 120hz mode, but it seems to be having trouble getting out when you close it.

The 3d Vision live site seems to be working nicely in window mode however. I guess that's the trade off.
Anyone having trouble with the Stereoscopic Player not shutting down properly after the new update. I get an error message box on closing the program. When you open the player now it immediately goes to 120hz mode, but it seems to be having trouble getting out when you close it.

The 3d Vision live site seems to be working nicely in window mode however. I guess that's the trade off.

Posted 01/20/2011 02:48 PM   
Scroll To Top