An Interview with Extreme Overclocker "KINGPIN" GeForce.com goes one on one with overclockin
Hey folks,

GeForce.com recently conducted an interview with Vince "KINGPIN" Lucido. The link to the interview and introductory paragraphs are pasted below. Let us know what you think.

link: [url="http://www.geforce.com/#/News/articles/vince-kingpin-lucido"]KINGPIN interview[/url]

"Vince Lucido has just unpacked a brand new GeForce GTX 580. Eager to test out what the new graphics powerhouse can do, Lucido, better known as "K|NGP|N" (pronounced "kingpin"), preps to overclock the card but unknowingly uses the wrong-sized trimmer. An electric zap jets out of the card as smoke billows through the air. The GPU is fried. This just goes to show that even one of the world's premier hardware overclockers can make a rookie mistake.

Normally very meticulous about his craft, K|NGP|N has made quite a name for himself by being one of the pioneer overclockers to effectively use liquid nitrogen as a GPU cooling device. Having gone on to shatter numerous overclocking records as a result, hardware manufacturer EVGA has brought him on board to be their champion GPU representative. His experiences and expertise has allowed him to create a successful business where he now develops and sells his own innovative hardware cooling receptacles to fellow enthusiasts all around the world.
Despite his myriad accolades, K|NGP|N has stayed very down-to-earth and humble. While the man has received as much fame as a person can attain in one's profession, K|NGP|N isn't interested in any of the global glitz or glamour that his work has brought him. Not one to gloat about himself in the slightest, he would probably shrug these first few introductory paragraphs as nothing more than hyperbole. Regardless of his humility, it would certainly be an understatement to say that K|NGP|N knows his way around a graphics card.

Despite his myriad accolades, K|NGP|N has stayed very down-to-earth and humble. While the man has received as much fame as a person can attain in one's profession, K|NGP|N isn't interested in any of the global glitz or glamour that his work has brought him. Not one to gloat about himself in the slightest, he would probably shrug these first few introductory paragraphs as nothing more than hyperbole. Regardless of his humility, it would certainly be an understatement to say that K|NGP|N knows his way around a graphics card.

In this exclusive interview with GeForce.com, K|NGP|N shares his personal struggles breaking into the overclocking industry, reveals how much liquid nitrogen he can go through a week, discusses the advantages/disadvantages of the much cooler liquid helium, shares tips on overclocking gaming rigs, and talks about how he has been able to turn his love and passion for what many consider to be a niche hobby into a fruitful, full-fledged career..."
Hey folks,

GeForce.com recently conducted an interview with Vince "KINGPIN" Lucido. The link to the interview and introductory paragraphs are pasted below. Let us know what you think.

link: KINGPIN interview

"Vince Lucido has just unpacked a brand new GeForce GTX 580. Eager to test out what the new graphics powerhouse can do, Lucido, better known as "K|NGP|N" (pronounced "kingpin"), preps to overclock the card but unknowingly uses the wrong-sized trimmer. An electric zap jets out of the card as smoke billows through the air. The GPU is fried. This just goes to show that even one of the world's premier hardware overclockers can make a rookie mistake.

Normally very meticulous about his craft, K|NGP|N has made quite a name for himself by being one of the pioneer overclockers to effectively use liquid nitrogen as a GPU cooling device. Having gone on to shatter numerous overclocking records as a result, hardware manufacturer EVGA has brought him on board to be their champion GPU representative. His experiences and expertise has allowed him to create a successful business where he now develops and sells his own innovative hardware cooling receptacles to fellow enthusiasts all around the world.

In this exclusive interview with GeForce.com, K|NGP|N shares his personal struggles breaking into the overclocking industry, reveals how much liquid nitrogen he can go through a week, discusses the advantages/disadvantages of the much cooler liquid helium, shares tips on overclocking gaming rigs, and talks about how he has been able to turn his love and passion for what many consider to be a niche hobby into a fruitful, full-fledged career..."

Posted 01/10/2011 10:22 PM   
Interesting read, I enjoyed it.
Interesting read, I enjoyed it.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600@ 3.6GHz

MOBO: EVGA 780i FTW

GPU: ECS GTX 460 Black w/AC Accelero Twin Turbo Pro in SLI (900/1800/2000)

PSU: Corsair TX Series CMPSU-750TX 750W

RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB (running only 4GB ATM) (2x4) DDR2 1066(PC2 8500)

HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB

MONITOR: Asus VH242H 23.6" 1920x1080

Posted 01/10/2011 10:37 PM   
If i got some liquid nitrogen and 2000$ i would buy a Sandybridge mobo and CPU and goto 7 ghz
If i got some liquid nitrogen and 2000$ i would buy a Sandybridge mobo and CPU and goto 7 ghz

Posted 01/11/2011 12:16 AM   
Most OCing is done through the multi on sandy bridge, you can't go to far past the 5.7ghz multiplier limit.
Most OCing is done through the multi on sandy bridge, you can't go to far past the 5.7ghz multiplier limit.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600@ 3.6GHz

MOBO: EVGA 780i FTW

GPU: ECS GTX 460 Black w/AC Accelero Twin Turbo Pro in SLI (900/1800/2000)

PSU: Corsair TX Series CMPSU-750TX 750W

RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB (running only 4GB ATM) (2x4) DDR2 1066(PC2 8500)

HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB

MONITOR: Asus VH242H 23.6" 1920x1080

Posted 01/11/2011 01:03 AM   
Thanks jthang@NVIDIA, Excellent read /smile2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':))' />

[b] [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showuser=295673"]
[/url][/b]
Thanks jthang@NVIDIA, Excellent read /smile2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':))' />

CM HAF 932 - ASUS Rampage IV Extreme- Intel i7 3930K - Mushkin Redline 16GB 2133 - Antec HCP 1200kw - Galaxy GTX 670 3 way SLI - 2 WD 1TB Black,WD 640GB Black, WD SSD 64GB - Thermaltake CLW0217 Water 2.0 Extreme - ASUS 24x - Logitech G9 - Logitech G105 - I INC 28" Monitor at 1920 X 1200 (Native) Wow Gaming is great! Speakers - Logitech 530's - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Posted by Rsabatino, techjesse you are the people's champ of overclocking

Vantage P70249ORB

Posted 01/11/2011 04:44 AM   
Many thanks Jimmy, this is a very interesting read. Keep meaning to have a go at LN2... maybe when I can afford an SR2 :P

J
Many thanks Jimmy, this is a very interesting read. Keep meaning to have a go at LN2... maybe when I can afford an SR2 :P

J

Official GeForce Forums Benchmarking Leaderboards
NVIDIA SLI Technology: A Canine's Guide

Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX, Asus Maximus VI GENE Z87 mATX, Intel Core i7-4770k @ 4.40GHz, Corsair H110, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4GB) @ 2400MHz, 1x OCZ Vertex 4 256GB, 1x WD Scorpio Black 750GB, 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB, EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti Superclock, Enermax 1250W Evolution, Windows 8 64bit.

Logitech G9x, Razer Black Widow Ultimate, Logitech G930, 2x Eizo EV2333W.

Twitter | Steam

Posted 01/11/2011 02:26 PM   
Scroll To Top