How to turn of 3D acceleration? Screen Recordar can´t capture games using video acceleration
I´m trying to record a game play which use video acceleration and overlays. I can´t find any screen recorder who manage to capture overlays when game uses 3D acceleration. I have Win 7, and when going to the control panel for display --> Troubleshoot, the button for turning off video acceleration is not active.

So my question is:
- is there any screen recorder who support overlays?
- or where in the Nvidia settings can I turn off video acceleration or overlays?

There is a option in Nvidia settings where I can toggle between performance and quality. Is this where I turn off 3D acceleration?
[attachment=19489:0,1425,sz=1&i=169575,00.jpg]

Best regards
Sigbjørn
I´m trying to record a game play which use video acceleration and overlays. I can´t find any screen recorder who manage to capture overlays when game uses 3D acceleration. I have Win 7, and when going to the control panel for display --> Troubleshoot, the button for turning off video acceleration is not active.

So my question is:

- or where in the Nvidia settings can I turn off video acceleration or overlays?

There is a option in Nvidia settings where I can toggle between performance and quality. Is this where I turn off 3D acceleration?

[attachment=19489:0,1425,sz=1&i=169575,00.jpg]

Best regards

Sigbjørn

Posted 01/10/2011 10:31 AM   
Ummm, if you somehow manage to turn off 3D acceleration, your game will announce that you don't have a good enough video card to play the game. If you somehow convince it to play anyway, it will be a very very slow slideshow.
Ummm, if you somehow manage to turn off 3D acceleration, your game will announce that you don't have a good enough video card to play the game. If you somehow convince it to play anyway, it will be a very very slow slideshow.

Posted 01/11/2011 01:14 AM   
Why don't you try FRAPS, a screen recorder that records 3D accelerated games ?
Why don't you try FRAPS, a screen recorder that records 3D accelerated games ?

Posted 01/11/2011 10:11 AM   
[quote name='hagaseth' date='10 January 2011 - 11:31 AM' timestamp='1294655468' post='1174637']

So my question is:

[attachment=25310:0,1425,sz=1&i=169575,00.jpg]

Best regards
Sigbjørn
[/quote]

You shouldn't turn off the 3d acceleration that will just make it worse, if you get fraps that should work but I@m not sure.
[quote name='hagaseth' date='10 January 2011 - 11:31 AM' timestamp='1294655468' post='1174637']

So my question is:

[attachment=25310:0,1425,sz=1&i=169575,00.jpg]

Best regards

Sigbjørn

You shouldn't turn off the 3d acceleration that will just make it worse, if you get fraps that should work but I@m not sure.

Posted 01/11/2011 07:41 PM   
www.fraps.com
great tool
www.fraps.com

great tool

Posted 01/12/2011 06:55 PM   
Scroll To Top