nVidia GeForce FX go5200 Driver
Hi, I'm running an older laptop with a GeForce FX go5200 graphics card, but I can't find the driver that works for it on the nVidia site.
Does anyone have a way for me to find this driver? The autodetect on the download page doesn't work either.
Hi, I'm running an older laptop with a GeForce FX go5200 graphics card, but I can't find the driver that works for it on the nVidia site.

Does anyone have a way for me to find this driver? The autodetect on the download page doesn't work either.

Posted 01/03/2011 06:59 AM   
Our notebook drivers cover Geforce 8 seris and above so unfortunately we do not have drivers for your GPU. Under Windows 7 and Windows Vista, the only drivers are the ones that are preinstalled by the OS. No updates are available for Vista/7.
Our notebook drivers cover Geforce 8 seris and above so unfortunately we do not have drivers for your GPU. Under Windows 7 and Windows Vista, the only drivers are the ones that are preinstalled by the OS. No updates are available for Vista/7.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 01/03/2011 07:31 AM   
I see, are there any legacy drivers that would work? I'm running windows XP by the way.
I see, are there any legacy drivers that would work? I'm running windows XP by the way.

Posted 01/03/2011 07:52 AM   
Try running Windows Update, and see if you have any driver updates under 'optional software'. IIRC, driver updates for hardware appear there
Try running Windows Update, and see if you have any driver updates under 'optional software'. IIRC, driver updates for hardware appear there

Posted 01/03/2011 05:20 PM   
I would think your best bet would be to check your laptop manufacturer's web site for the driver.

For example I have an old HP Pavilion zd7000 laptop with GeForce 5600 Go graphics and I can still find the driver for it from HP's web site from 2004. All I did was google 'HP Pavilion zd7000 video driver' and I found the link to HP's site.

The laptop video drivers back then were always customized by the laptop manufacturer so you never found them from nVidia's web site.
I would think your best bet would be to check your laptop manufacturer's web site for the driver.

For example I have an old HP Pavilion zd7000 laptop with GeForce 5600 Go graphics and I can still find the driver for it from HP's web site from 2004. All I did was google 'HP Pavilion zd7000 video driver' and I found the link to HP's site.

The laptop video drivers back then were always customized by the laptop manufacturer so you never found them from nVidia's web site.

Posted 01/03/2011 05:56 PM   
Ah, that seems to have worked
Thanks!
Ah, that seems to have worked

Thanks!

Posted 01/03/2011 07:22 PM   
Glad to hear you were able to find the drivers.
Glad to hear you were able to find the drivers.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 01/04/2011 02:58 AM   
I have the same problem - no driver at nvidia or Dell site [Inspiron 8600.] Any suggestions?
I have the same problem - no driver at nvidia or Dell site [Inspiron 8600.] Any suggestions?

Posted 01/18/2011 01:29 AM   
Scroll To Top