Can't Update/Uninstall Physx
I went to update my graphics drivers to the new ones 260.99, and everything went ok except in the end it said it failed to update physx.

So, I looked around and people were having issues with it, the general recommendation was to use driver sweeper to remove physx and then update with the dedicated file. Driver Sweeper didn't remove it however. Went to control panel to try and uninstall, and when I do it says it can't because it can't find the following file "WISE10DB5DAE57640EAA7FC1CB2A7B283A6_9_09_1112.MSI". Not sure what to do, or where to go from here on updating physx, but the lack of it is preventing me from playing some of my games which is rather annoying. Even trying to just install the new version over it fails because the computer can't find that file.

So, suggestions on what to do next?

I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit for the record, and it is an old 8800 GTS card.
I went to update my graphics drivers to the new ones 260.99, and everything went ok except in the end it said it failed to update physx.

So, I looked around and people were having issues with it, the general recommendation was to use driver sweeper to remove physx and then update with the dedicated file. Driver Sweeper didn't remove it however. Went to control panel to try and uninstall, and when I do it says it can't because it can't find the following file "WISE10DB5DAE57640EAA7FC1CB2A7B283A6_9_09_1112.MSI". Not sure what to do, or where to go from here on updating physx, but the lack of it is preventing me from playing some of my games which is rather annoying. Even trying to just install the new version over it fails because the computer can't find that file.

Posted 12/31/2010 03:44 AM   
Hey, welcome to the forums...

I cannot guarantee that this will work... but, maybe give this a go??

Nvidia driver and PhysX uninstall / reinstall process:
If you download Driversweeper and Ccleaner, (Also make sure you have the latest Nvidia Drivers downloaded) then do the following:
Uninstall the Nvidia drivers from your PC via the control panel (if any are registered) - it will normally ask / make you to restart the PC.
As the PC is restarting, load it up in 'Safe Mode' (pressing 'F8' on the keyboard during the boot up will get you the option)
When in 'Safe Mode', run Driversweeper to detect Nvidia Display and Nvidia PhysX. Once it has detected them all, delete them (I forget the message it tells you). Once deleted, it will ask you to restart your PC.
Again, as the PC is restarting, load into 'Safe Mode' - this time run Ccleaner. Select 'Registry' and then 'scan for issues'
Once the scan has finished, select 'fix issues' (make sure you save a copy of the registry when it asks you to - incase something goes wrong)
Then go into 'Device Manager' (right click on 'My Computer' / 'Computer', then 'Properties') Then select 'Display Adapters' and right click on your GPU (if it is detected) - then 'Disable' (this will make sure that it does not try and automatically install it when you restart.
Now, restart your PC into windows (normal restart)
Then go into 'Device Manager' (right click on 'My Computer' / 'Computer', then 'Properties') Then select 'Display Adapters' and right click on your GPU (if it is detected) - then 'Enable' (cancel any messages to install drivers)
Finally install the Nvidia Drivers
Hey, welcome to the forums...

I cannot guarantee that this will work... but, maybe give this a go??

Nvidia driver and PhysX uninstall / reinstall process:

If you download Driversweeper and Ccleaner, (Also make sure you have the latest Nvidia Drivers downloaded) then do the following:

Uninstall the Nvidia drivers from your PC via the control panel (if any are registered) - it will normally ask / make you to restart the PC.

As the PC is restarting, load it up in 'Safe Mode' (pressing 'F8' on the keyboard during the boot up will get you the option)

When in 'Safe Mode', run Driversweeper to detect Nvidia Display and Nvidia PhysX. Once it has detected them all, delete them (I forget the message it tells you). Once deleted, it will ask you to restart your PC.

Again, as the PC is restarting, load into 'Safe Mode' - this time run Ccleaner. Select 'Registry' and then 'scan for issues'

Once the scan has finished, select 'fix issues' (make sure you save a copy of the registry when it asks you to - incase something goes wrong)

Then go into 'Device Manager' (right click on 'My Computer' / 'Computer', then 'Properties') Then select 'Display Adapters' and right click on your GPU (if it is detected) - then 'Disable' (this will make sure that it does not try and automatically install it when you restart.

Now, restart your PC into windows (normal restart)

Then go into 'Device Manager' (right click on 'My Computer' / 'Computer', then 'Properties') Then select 'Display Adapters' and right click on your GPU (if it is detected) - then 'Enable' (cancel any messages to install drivers)

Finally install the Nvidia Drivers

I knew I hadn't imagined it... now it's deleted = people will never know what I hadn't imagined...

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

GPU-Z CPU-Z Ccleaner Driversweeper OCCT

Posted 12/31/2010 06:20 AM   
[quote name='DeliriumenD' date='30 December 2010 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1293767085' post='1168875']

[/quote]

Hi there, I was just suffering with the same issue only for version 9.10.0129 of Physx.
I down loaded the setup file for my version, it uninstalled the driver,
then I was able to install the latest version.

Up to this point I tried all the other found methods with no success.
This worked perfectly for me.

Here is a link to the version you are looking for: http://findfiles.com/list.php?db=Both&string=physx_9.09.1112_SystemSoftware.exe
Hope it works for you.
[quote name='DeliriumenD' date='30 December 2010 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1293767085' post='1168875']

Hi there, I was just suffering with the same issue only for version 9.10.0129 of Physx.

Here is a link to the version you are looking for: http://findfiles.com/list.php?db=Both&string=physx_9.09.1112_SystemSoftware.exe

Hope it works for you.

Posted 12/31/2010 07:16 AM   
[quote name='JonMo' date='31 December 2010 - 07:16 AM' timestamp='1293779818' post='1168938']

Hope it works for you.
[/quote]

You guys are awesome. Thanks. I tried the easier way first (one quoted here) and it worked. But I also have more tools and ways too approach if something happens next time, so thank you both.
[quote name='JonMo' date='31 December 2010 - 07:16 AM' timestamp='1293779818' post='1168938']

Hope it works for you.

You guys are awesome. Thanks. I tried the easier way first (one quoted here) and it worked. But I also have more tools and ways too approach if something happens next time, so thank you both.

Posted 12/31/2010 03:24 PM   
hey i dont know if any of you know any other ways i've just tryed what you suggested and driver sweeper detects keys but cant delete all of them any i can't find the keys manually via register manager suffered from this problem for 3 years now and lost all hope on it now /crying.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':'(' />
hey i dont know if any of you know any other ways i've just tryed what you suggested and driver sweeper detects keys but cant delete all of them any i can't find the keys manually via register manager suffered from this problem for 3 years now and lost all hope on it now /crying.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':'(' />

Posted 08/05/2011 10:43 AM   
Scroll To Top