No Tray Icon Windows 7 - No Icon in System Tray
Just got a new GTX 470 and installed the latest drivers. I have noticed that there is no tray icon (next to my clock) to allow quick assess to features of the nVidia drivers. I tried uninstalling, running driver cleaning programs, and then reinstalling with no success. In the Control Panel I have "Add Desktop Context Menu" checked off, but this only enabled/disables the right-click menu entry on the actual desktop, not the task bad try icon.

Am I missing something? Is this a known bug? Google searches only return articles from 2007 and earlier and mostly focus on Vista.

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Driver version 260.99

Thanks for any help!
Just got a new GTX 470 and installed the latest drivers. I have noticed that there is no tray icon (next to my clock) to allow quick assess to features of the nVidia drivers. I tried uninstalling, running driver cleaning programs, and then reinstalling with no success. In the Control Panel I have "Add Desktop Context Menu" checked off, but this only enabled/disables the right-click menu entry on the actual desktop, not the task bad try icon.

Am I missing something? Is this a known bug? Google searches only return articles from 2007 and earlier and mostly focus on Vista.

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Driver version 260.99

Thanks for any help!

Posted 12/29/2010 07:13 PM   
The NVIDIA Notification Tray Icon is only available under Microsoft Windows XP

Posted 12/29/2010 07:41 PM   
I guess Nvidia haven't figured out how to work Vista and Win 7 as well as XP LOL. Maybe that is why drivers works so much better in XP from what I hear...CHEERS

PS: Maybe progress is not as good as mentioned... When Vista/win7 first came out MS was talking about Games for windows what a joke. I guess that was befor they got in a Jam with cost over runs with the Xbox360.
I guess Nvidia haven't figured out how to work Vista and Win 7 as well as XP LOL. Maybe that is why drivers works so much better in XP from what I hear...CHEERS

PS: Maybe progress is not as good as mentioned... When Vista/win7 first came out MS was talking about Games for windows what a joke. I guess that was befor they got in a Jam with cost over runs with the Xbox360.

Posted 12/29/2010 08:35 PM   
[quote name='SHARKMEAT' date='29 December 2010 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1293654934' post='1168089']

[/quote]

That's kind of lame. Is there any sort of work around? I know ATi has ATiTrayTools and other third party software.

Thanks!
[quote name='SHARKMEAT' date='29 December 2010 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1293654934' post='1168089']

That's kind of lame. Is there any sort of work around? I know ATi has ATiTrayTools and other third party software.

Thanks!

Posted 12/29/2010 11:50 PM   
[quote name='Stickywulf' date='30 December 2010 - 05:41 AM' timestamp='1293651677' post='1168048']
[/quote]

I had the nVidia system tray icon worknig on windows 7 and windows vista over that last year, isn't this the one in question?
I just updated my drivers (of Course I didn't think to record what my previous drivers were), and that has caused the system tray icon to dissapear.

This icon (as probably all well aware) only displays when you set your BIOS to display through the onboard GPU.
[quote name='Stickywulf' date='30 December 2010 - 05:41 AM' timestamp='1293651677' post='1168048']

I had the nVidia system tray icon worknig on windows 7 and windows vista over that last year, isn't this the one in question?

I just updated my drivers (of Course I didn't think to record what my previous drivers were), and that has caused the system tray icon to dissapear.

This icon (as probably all well aware) only displays when you set your BIOS to display through the onboard GPU.

Posted 01/13/2011 11:33 PM   
Scroll To Top