[b]What browsers does 3D Vision Streaming work in?[/b]
Internet Explorer v7 or newer
Firefox and Chrome
[b]
Does Flash also support 3D Vision?[/b]
At this time, no it does not.
[b]
Do I need an internet connection to use 3D streaming?[/b]
Yes, an internet connection is needed. Offline playback is a feature on the roadmap.

[b]My video feed appears jerky/glitch. How do I make the video run smoothly?[/b]
Microsoft’s smooth streaming technology adjusts the quality of the video depending upon a user’s internet bandwidth. For best experience, we recommend you have bandwidths of at least 2+mbps.
[b]
How much bandwidth do I need to stream 3D?[/b]
3D Vision Streaming takes advantage of Microsoft IIS Smooth Streaming technology which allows for adaptive bit rate streaming. As a result, there are multiple bit rates which automatically adjust to align with the client’s available bandwidth and PC capability. If you have bandwidths above the highest bit rates used, you will be able to take advantage of the highest resolution feed. If you don’t have enough bandwidth, the feed delivered will automatically be scaled back to a lesser bit rate.

[b]What is adaptive bit rate streaming?[/b]
It is a hybrid content delivery method which acts like traditional streaming, but is based on HTTP progressive download. It involves the content being delivered from the server to the client as a series of short HTTP downloads, rather than one long download or a constant-bitrate stream. Because the content is typically encoded at multiple bitrates and delivered as a series of small “chunks”, the client can also dynamically switch between chunks of different sizes (quality levels) depending on network bandwidth and PC capability, allowing users to always receive the best level of video quality they possibly can.
[b]
I’m not seeing 3D, or the site won’t let me into the feed.[/b]
It’s likely you’re missing one of the below essential elements which make up a 3D Vision PC:

1) NVIDIA GPU that supports 3D Vision
2) 3D Vision Kit (glasses and emitter)
3) 3D Vision ready display, HDTV or Projector
4) The latest NVIDIA GeForce and 3D Vision Drivers

Check here for the latest system requirements: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-online.html

[b]How do I get 3D Vision onto my website?[/b]
To enable this you will need to embed the 3D Vision Silverlight video player. You can get this directly from NVIDIA by contacting Jon Barad on the 3D Vision team @ 3DVisionLive@nvidia.com
[b]
How does the quality compare to Blu-ray 3D?[/b]
Blu-ray 3D requires playback from a disc. 3D streaming is delivered through the internet.

The advantage of disc playback is that more data can be delivered to the consumer since it’s not restricted by internet access bandwidth. As such, the peak bit rate used for Blu-ray 3D is 60Mbps, so there would be quality differences.

[b]Is this a unique NVIDIA 3D Vision technology?[/b]
This solution is unique to NVIDIA 3D Vision.

Press release announcement from Computex: http://www.nvidia.com/object/io_1275286847414.html

[b]Is the 3D video player supported in multi-monitor mode?[/b]
No, currently the only supported mode is single monitor.

[b]I have SLI, is this compatible?[/b]
No, SLI isn’t compatible at the moment. Please disable SLI to allow for 3D Vision streaming.
[b]
Will 3DVisionLive work on my 3DTV with 3DTVPlay?[/b]
No, not at this time, but it is a feature we are eager to enable.

[b]Does 3DVisionLive work with DLP displays?[/b]
No, 3DVisionLive.com 3D content can not be viewed on DLP displays right now because the 3DVision Windowed mode functionnality, which is required to display 3DVisionLice.com content within a browser window, is not currently supported on DLPs.

for more FAQ's please click [url="http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=wLC4vJlk&p_lva=2549&p_li=&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_page=1&p_cv=&p_pv=1.132&p_prods=132&p_cats=0&p_hidden_prods=&prod_lvl1=132&cat_lvl1=0&p_search_text=&srch_btn_submit=%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0Search%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0&p_new_search=1&p_search_type=answers.search_nl"]here[/url]
3D Vision Streaming with Silverlight FAQ

What do I need to watch 3D streaming content?

1) 3D Vision PC

2) Latest GeForce and 3D Vision Drivers released after 6/15/2010

Driver version CD v1.29 (3D Vision v258.96) or newer

3) Silverlight 4

4) 3D Vision Enabled website

What websites are 3D Vision Enabled?

www.3DVisionLive.com

pga3d.pga.com/player3dv.html

www.nascar.com/promos/racebuddy/3D/

http://www.depthqs3d.com/mercedes-benz.html

What browsers does 3D Vision Streaming work in?

Internet Explorer v7 or newer

Firefox and Chrome

Does Flash also support 3D Vision?

At this time, no it does not.

Do I need an internet connection to use 3D streaming?

Yes, an internet connection is needed. Offline playback is a feature on the roadmap.

My video feed appears jerky/glitch. How do I make the video run smoothly?

Microsoft’s smooth streaming technology adjusts the quality of the video depending upon a user’s internet bandwidth. For best experience, we recommend you have bandwidths of at least 2+mbps.

How much bandwidth do I need to stream 3D?

3D Vision Streaming takes advantage of Microsoft IIS Smooth Streaming technology which allows for adaptive bit rate streaming. As a result, there are multiple bit rates which automatically adjust to align with the client’s available bandwidth and PC capability. If you have bandwidths above the highest bit rates used, you will be able to take advantage of the highest resolution feed. If you don’t have enough bandwidth, the feed delivered will automatically be scaled back to a lesser bit rate.

What is adaptive bit rate streaming?

It is a hybrid content delivery method which acts like traditional streaming, but is based on HTTP progressive download. It involves the content being delivered from the server to the client as a series of short HTTP downloads, rather than one long download or a constant-bitrate stream. Because the content is typically encoded at multiple bitrates and delivered as a series of small “chunks”, the client can also dynamically switch between chunks of different sizes (quality levels) depending on network bandwidth and PC capability, allowing users to always receive the best level of video quality they possibly can.

I’m not seeing 3D, or the site won’t let me into the feed.

It’s likely you’re missing one of the below essential elements which make up a 3D Vision PC:

1) NVIDIA GPU that supports 3D Vision

2) 3D Vision Kit (glasses and emitter)

3) 3D Vision ready display, HDTV or Projector

4) The latest NVIDIA GeForce and 3D Vision Drivers

Check here for the latest system requirements: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-online.html

How do I get 3D Vision onto my website?

To enable this you will need to embed the 3D Vision Silverlight video player. You can get this directly from NVIDIA by contacting Jon Barad on the 3D Vision team @ 3DVisionLive@nvidia.com

How does the quality compare to Blu-ray 3D?

Blu-ray 3D requires playback from a disc. 3D streaming is delivered through the internet.

The advantage of disc playback is that more data can be delivered to the consumer since it’s not restricted by internet access bandwidth. As such, the peak bit rate used for Blu-ray 3D is 60Mbps, so there would be quality differences.

Is this a unique NVIDIA 3D Vision technology?

This solution is unique to NVIDIA 3D Vision.

Press release announcement from Computex: http://www.nvidia.com/object/io_1275286847414.html

Is the 3D video player supported in multi-monitor mode?

No, currently the only supported mode is single monitor.

I have SLI, is this compatible?

No, SLI isn’t compatible at the moment. Please disable SLI to allow for 3D Vision streaming.

Will 3DVisionLive work on my 3DTV with 3DTVPlay?

No, not at this time, but it is a feature we are eager to enable.

Does 3DVisionLive work with DLP displays?

No, 3DVisionLive.com 3D content can not be viewed on DLP displays right now because the 3DVision Windowed mode functionnality, which is required to display 3DVisionLice.com content within a browser window, is not currently supported on DLPs.

for more FAQ's please click here

Jon Barad

Sr. Business Development Manager

NVIDIA

Posted 12/15/2010 04:25 PM   
Scroll To Top