nVidia GeForce Go 7950 GTX driver update?
Apologies if this is dealt with elsewhere, I've tried searching for it but haven't come across anything.

I have a nVidia graphics card on my laptop (GeForce Go 7950 GTX) that runs Vista 64bit. I've had the laptop for almost two years now and haven't had any other graphics problems with it, but just recently I've been trying to play the Lara Croft: Guardian of the Light game and it keeps crashing. The game will open and let me get to the loading screen before it just freezes. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, I've tried different settings, and I've been emailing the Square Enix troubleshooting department and they've finally come to the conclusion that it's because my driver is out of date.

The driver version I'm currently running is 179.48. When I go look for a more up-to-date driver I'm told that that's it. I thought this was a little odd since it's almost two years old now. Am I missing something?
Apologies if this is dealt with elsewhere, I've tried searching for it but haven't come across anything.

I have a nVidia graphics card on my laptop (GeForce Go 7950 GTX) that runs Vista 64bit. I've had the laptop for almost two years now and haven't had any other graphics problems with it, but just recently I've been trying to play the Lara Croft: Guardian of the Light game and it keeps crashing. The game will open and let me get to the loading screen before it just freezes. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, I've tried different settings, and I've been emailing the Square Enix troubleshooting department and they've finally come to the conclusion that it's because my driver is out of date.

The driver version I'm currently running is 179.48. When I go look for a more up-to-date driver I'm told that that's it. I thought this was a little odd since it's almost two years old now. Am I missing something?

Posted 12/14/2010 06:52 PM   
Scroll To Top