should i upgrade my graphics card? i would like to upgrade my gaming graphics performance
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"][font="Book Antiqua"]i have hp a6519fh. i am running WINDOWS VISTA, 32 bit,

this is the link to the specs of my computer. /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />
[url="http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fh10025.www1.hp.com%2Fewfrf%2Fwc%2Fdocument%3Fdocname%3Dc01471500%26tmp_task%3DprodinfoCategory%26lc%3Den%26dlc%3Den%26cc%3Dus%26product%3D3752855&h=38edb"]My link[/url]

[font="Arial Black"]basically my problem is this: I am trying to play EverQuest2 in my computer with 3 gb of ram, 32 bit, intel(r) pentium(r) dual cpu e2180 @2.00GHz with 500gb harddrive. it actually exceeds the recommended system requirements in order to play EQ2. but i am lagging a lot.. a whole lot. i cannot figure out what seems to be the problem. i am not very knowledgeable in hardware so any help will be deeply appreciated. thank you very much. /thanks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thanks:' /> [/font][/font][/font]
[attachment=19163:performance.jpg]
i have hp a6519fh. i am running WINDOWS VISTA, 32 bit,

this is the link to the specs of my computer. /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

My link

basically my problem is this: I am trying to play EverQuest2 in my computer with 3 gb of ram, 32 bit, intel(r) pentium(r) dual cpu e2180 @2.00GHz with 500gb harddrive. it actually exceeds the recommended system requirements in order to play EQ2. but i am lagging a lot.. a whole lot. i cannot figure out what seems to be the problem. i am not very knowledgeable in hardware so any help will be deeply appreciated. thank you very much. /thanks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thanks:' />

[attachment=19163:performance.jpg]
Attachments

performance.jpg

Posted 12/14/2010 03:39 AM   
Hey, welcome to the forums.

The graphics provided by that onboard GPU aren't too bad... what kind of settings are you using in the game? (max / med / min / other)

It'd be interesting if you could download and run either EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner.... both are good for monitoring your GPU and it's usage / temperature etc. From this, we would be able to see if your GPU is being fully utilised. It's possible that the CPU at only 2GHz is a little slow for processing all the data for the game and sending it to the GPU.

If the CPU is too slow and / or depending upon the GPU upgrade (if you go that route), you may end up having to up the CPU speed (an overclock) / get a new CPU to make use of the new GPU. (just read that back and it's a little confusing...? - it's past my bed time /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> ) - I / someone else will clarify that soon /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
Hey, welcome to the forums.

The graphics provided by that onboard GPU aren't too bad... what kind of settings are you using in the game? (max / med / min / other)

It'd be interesting if you could download and run either EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner.... both are good for monitoring your GPU and it's usage / temperature etc. From this, we would be able to see if your GPU is being fully utilised. It's possible that the CPU at only 2GHz is a little slow for processing all the data for the game and sending it to the GPU.

If the CPU is too slow and / or depending upon the GPU upgrade (if you go that route), you may end up having to up the CPU speed (an overclock) / get a new CPU to make use of the new GPU. (just read that back and it's a little confusing...? - it's past my bed time /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> ) - I / someone else will clarify that soon /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I knew I hadn't imagined it... now it's deleted = people will never know what I hadn't imagined...

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

GPU-Z CPU-Z Ccleaner Driversweeper OCCT

Posted 12/14/2010 06:02 AM   
You should check to verify that video card lag is even your problem.

Download something like eVGA Precision or FRAPS that'll show in-game Frame Rate. If your FPS is above 30-40 constantly, your graphics card/on board graphics is not the problem.
You should check to verify that video card lag is even your problem.

Download something like eVGA Precision or FRAPS that'll show in-game Frame Rate. If your FPS is above 30-40 constantly, your graphics card/on board graphics is not the problem.

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 12/14/2010 11:45 PM   
Scroll To Top