when i buy a video card when i install it do i plug the monitor to the card right away even if its n
how? this is the last thing i need to know to buy the card next week
how? this is the last thing i need to know to buy the card next week

Posted 12/12/2010 02:50 AM   
[list]
[*]Power off your PC[*]Remove the power cable from the PSU or wall[*]Hold the power button for about 7 seconds to discharge the motherboard[*]Remove the old GPU from your motherboard[*]Insert the new card into the PCIe slot[*]Plug in axillary power cables if necessary[*]connect GPU to monitor[*]Power on your computer[*]Install the appropriate drivers
[*]:)

[/list]

• Power off your PC[*]Remove the power cable from the PSU or wall[*]Hold the power button for about 7 seconds to discharge the motherboard[*]Remove the old GPU from your motherboard[*]Insert the new card into the PCIe slot[*]Plug in axillary power cables if necessary[*]connect GPU to monitor[*]Power on your computer[*]Install the appropriate drivers
  • :)

8130p @ 5.1Ghz : GTX 570 x2 - cuda workstation

i5-2500k @ 4.4Ghz : GTX 570 - itx media pc

Posted 12/12/2010 02:58 AM   
now i get it thanks
now i get it thanks

Posted 12/16/2010 04:54 AM   
[quote name='Luke_SLI' date='12 December 2010 - 12:58 PM' timestamp='1292122719' post='1159585']
[list]
[*]Power off your PC[*]Remove the power cable from the PSU or wall[*]Hold the power button for about 7 seconds to discharge the motherboard[*]Remove the old GPU from your motherboard[*]Insert the new card into the PCIe slot[*]Plug in axillary power cables if necessary[*]connect GPU to monitor[*]Power on your computer[*]Install the appropriate drivers
[*]:)

[/list]
[/quote]
[list]
[*]Power off your PC[*]Connect the power cable from the PSU to wall[*]Switch the wall outlet OFF (This grounds the computer, draining it of any remaining power)[*]Apply anti-static wrist strap to arm and metal casing of computer (To ground yourself, assuming the PSU is installed in the case otherwise you would attach it to yourself and directly to the PSU somehow)[*]Remove the old GPU from your motherboard[*]Place old video card on anti-static foam or in anti-static bag if you intend to keep it, sell it or give it away.[*]Insert the new card into the PCIe slot[*]Plug in axillary power cables if necessary[*]Close computer case after removing the anti-static wrist strap[*]connect GPU to monitor[*]Power on your computer[*]Install the appropriate drivers[/list]

This approach is significantly safer and significantly less likely to shock your card/computer via the cloths you wear causing a static discharge. It also better protects devices with a mechanical motor component in them as insufficient power for powering them on can be harmful.
[quote name='Luke_SLI' date='12 December 2010 - 12:58 PM' timestamp='1292122719' post='1159585']

• Power off your PC
  • Remove the power cable from the PSU or wall
  • Hold the power button for about 7 seconds to discharge the motherboard
  • Remove the old GPU from your motherboard
  • Insert the new card into the PCIe slot[*]Plug in axillary power cables if necessary[*]connect GPU to monitor[*]Power on your computer[*]Install the appropriate drivers
  • :)

• Power off your PC
  • Connect the power cable from the PSU to wall[*]Switch the wall outlet OFF (This grounds the computer, draining it of any remaining power)[*]Apply anti-static wrist strap to arm and metal casing of computer (To ground yourself, assuming the PSU is installed in the case otherwise you would attach it to yourself and directly to the PSU somehow)[*]Remove the old GPU from your motherboard[*]Place old video card on anti-static foam or in anti-static bag if you intend to keep it, sell it or give it away.[*]Insert the new card into the PCIe slot[*]Plug in axillary power cables if necessary[*]Close computer case after removing the anti-static wrist strap[*]connect GPU to monitor[*]Power on your computer[*]Install the appropriate drivers

This approach is significantly safer and significantly less likely to shock your card/computer via the cloths you wear causing a static discharge. It also better protects devices with a mechanical motor component in them as insufficient power for powering them on can be harmful.

Custom built PC | Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 1600 RAM | 2x 500GB SATA2 HDD's | Auzentech Forte S/C | Gainward Geforce GTX 560Ti "Phantom 2" 2048MB | Windows 7 Home Premium: Service Pack 1 - x64 | Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case.

Posted 01/08/2011 03:53 PM   
Scroll To Top