Not detecting second card or SLI option not available
  1 / 3    
I am using Windows 7 64 bit.

I have a problem with my system. It used to recognize the two cards and even asked me to put the sli-bridge (and I did), and the setup was complete and everything.
Yesterday I went to look on the nVidia Control Panel, and for my surprise there was no SLI options.
I tried to re-install the driver (win7-winvista-64bit-260.99-whql-driver) but it didn’t allow me to set up SLI.
I switched the video card of slots, to test the second card and see if it was working. And both cards work on the first slot. So,both cards are detected individually if you only use them one at a time in the first slot
I tried to uninstall the driver, use the drivesweeper and resinstalling it after reboot, also no success.
Still no luck. I can see that Windows 7 is not recognizing the second video card on Device Manager.

Here are the components:
Power supply - Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775W Continuous-Delivery Power Supply ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 80PLUS Bronze SLI CrossFireX Certified Cable Management TPX-775M
Video cards - 2x EVGA GeForce GTX460 768MB DDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card 768-P3-1360-TR
Motherboard - ASUS P7P55D-E Pro - LGA 1156 - Intel P55 - DDR3 - USB 3.0 SATA 6Gb/s - ATX

Any ideas on how to solve this?

I have a problem with my system. It used to recognize the two cards and even asked me to put the sli-bridge (and I did), and the setup was complete and everything.

Yesterday I went to look on the nVidia Control Panel, and for my surprise there was no SLI options.

I tried to re-install the driver (win7-winvista-64bit-260.99-whql-driver) but it didn’t allow me to set up SLI.

I switched the video card of slots, to test the second card and see if it was working. And both cards work on the first slot. So,both cards are detected individually if you only use them one at a time in the first slot

I tried to uninstall the driver, use the drivesweeper and resinstalling it after reboot, also no success.

Still no luck. I can see that Windows 7 is not recognizing the second video card on Device Manager.

Here are the components:

Power supply - Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775W Continuous-Delivery Power Supply ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 80PLUS Bronze SLI CrossFireX Certified Cable Management TPX-775M

Video cards - 2x EVGA GeForce GTX460 768MB DDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card 768-P3-1360-TR

Motherboard - ASUS P7P55D-E Pro - LGA 1156 - Intel P55 - DDR3 - USB 3.0 SATA 6Gb/s - ATX

Posted 12/10/2010 05:26 PM   
Ok...

I have Win7 64-Bit with 260.99, let's see whatcha got:

Opening up Control Panel and looking at Nvidia Control panel, you then choose under "3d settings", "Set SLI and PhysX configuration".

You would then choose " Maximize 3d performance", then hit "apply" in the lower right hand part of the screen, which would then allow your cards to sync up....you're not seeing this as a choice?

Keep in mind Nvidia has tweaked the menus a bit on the newest drivers, so it's not quite like the older ones.
Ok...

Opening up Control Panel and looking at Nvidia Control panel, you then choose under "3d settings", "Set SLI and PhysX configuration".

You would then choose " Maximize 3d performance", then hit "apply" in the lower right hand part of the screen, which would then allow your cards to sync up....you're not seeing this as a choice?

Keep in mind Nvidia has tweaked the menus a bit on the newest drivers, so it's not quite like the older ones.

Work in Progress:

Case: Corsair 650D
Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4
PSU: Antec TruePower New 750 Blue
CPU: Intel i5-2500K ( Socket 1155 )
CPU Cooler: ZalMan CNPS9500A LED
GPU: EVGA GTX 580
MEM: 8 GB G.Skill PC12800 DDR3 1600
Soundcard: Creative SB X-Fi Titanium
Monitor: Samsung 2343 BWX 23"@ 2048 x 1152

My cards in order of ownership: Intergraph Intense3D Voodoo (Rush), 3Dfx Voodoo3 3000 PCI, PNY GeForce4 MX 420 PCI, PNY nVidia 6600 AGP, BFG 7600GS O.C. AGP, BFG 8600GTS O.C. PCI-E, Xfx 9800GT PCI-E (SLI), BFG GTX 260 Maxcore 55 PCI-E (SLI), EVGA GTX 560 Ti PCI-E, EVGA GTX 580 1.5gb PCI-E

Posted 12/11/2010 12:40 AM   
[quote name='Navair2' date='10 December 2010 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1292028059' post='1159096']
Ok...

[/quote]

No, under 3D Settings I only see "Set PhysX configuration", it is not "Set SLI and PhysX configuration".
[quote name='Navair2' date='10 December 2010 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1292028059' post='1159096']

Ok...

No, under 3D Settings I only see "Set PhysX configuration", it is not "Set SLI and PhysX configuration".

Posted 12/11/2010 04:10 AM   
If the second card is not being recognized in device manager - thats your problem.

Is it showing with errors under the status? or just as a generic video device with a yellow '?'
If the second card is not being recognized in device manager - thats your problem.

Is it showing with errors under the status? or just as a generic video device with a yellow '?'
[quote name='-{RaptoR}-' date='11 December 2010 - 02:48 AM' timestamp='1292046494' post='1159204']

[/quote]

It is not showing at all. I am not sure why. No yellow, no generic.
[quote name='-{RaptoR}-' date='11 December 2010 - 02:48 AM' timestamp='1292046494' post='1159204']

It is not showing at all. I am not sure why. No yellow, no generic.

Posted 12/11/2010 02:23 PM   
Having the same problem here atm, using twin 8800 GT, 750 watt power supply (always been good enough before) p6x58d-E motherboard, and win7 64 bit. if you need anymore specs, happy to hand them out.
Only one adaptor is showing in control panel (no matter how I arrange them, eg singly, doubly, swap them around) can only get it to detect one of them. Even selected "Scan for new hardware" a couple of times with no joy.
Anyone who's come across this before and resolved it, or even has some ideas what I'm doing wrong I'd surely appreciate it.

Cheers in advance.
Having the same problem here atm, using twin 8800 GT, 750 watt power supply (always been good enough before) p6x58d-E motherboard, and win7 64 bit. if you need anymore specs, happy to hand them out.

Only one adaptor is showing in control panel (no matter how I arrange them, eg singly, doubly, swap them around) can only get it to detect one of them. Even selected "Scan for new hardware" a couple of times with no joy.

Anyone who's come across this before and resolved it, or even has some ideas what I'm doing wrong I'd surely appreciate it.

Cheers in advance.

Posted 12/22/2010 09:36 PM   
Interesting... Asus boards both? Maybe your secondary PCI-E slot took a crap? Dunno how you'd even test that, but if it's not showing up AT ALL in Device Manager, that means there's something wrong with the slot... doesn't it?
Interesting... Asus boards both? Maybe your secondary PCI-E slot took a crap? Dunno how you'd even test that, but if it's not showing up AT ALL in Device Manager, that means there's something wrong with the slot... doesn't it?

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 12/22/2010 09:42 PM   
[quote name='Goddess84' date='23 December 2010 - 05:42 AM' timestamp='1293054127' post='1165084']
[/quote]

I just bought a new asus board,Cant get second card to decect at all...
[quote name='Goddess84' date='23 December 2010 - 05:42 AM' timestamp='1293054127' post='1165084']

Posted 12/23/2010 09:32 AM   
[quote name='communic' date='23 December 2010 - 04:32 AM' timestamp='1293096736' post='1165342']
[/quote]

I've been having this problem as well. I'm pretty sure it's not a card issue. I have a 9800 GX2 and the second core no longer is detected in windows. This occured after windows updates on December 15/16. I had been using the cores seperate for dual monitors.

I will say, I am also using an Asus board, but it worked before and it's not a PCI slot issue.

Windows VISTA 64.
[quote name='communic' date='23 December 2010 - 04:32 AM' timestamp='1293096736' post='1165342']

I've been having this problem as well. I'm pretty sure it's not a card issue. I have a 9800 GX2 and the second core no longer is detected in windows. This occured after windows updates on December 15/16. I had been using the cores seperate for dual monitors.

I will say, I am also using an Asus board, but it worked before and it's not a PCI slot issue.

Windows VISTA 64.

Posted 12/23/2010 06:55 PM   
I have the same problem with win7 64, just I can see the second card in device manager with yellow exclamation saying: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) This had happened with 260.99 update. I tried to use old drivers did not work, tried swaping nvidia cards (8800 GT, and the motherboard is Striker extreme) again did not work. Both cards work OK individually but can't enable sli because in nvidia CP it does not have the option.

Any suggestion or possible solution is really welcommed...

Thanks,

Gur
I have the same problem with win7 64, just I can see the second card in device manager with yellow exclamation saying: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) This had happened with 260.99 update. I tried to use old drivers did not work, tried swaping nvidia cards (8800 GT, and the motherboard is Striker extreme) again did not work. Both cards work OK individually but can't enable sli because in nvidia CP it does not have the option.

Any suggestion or possible solution is really welcommed...

Thanks,

Gur

Posted 12/24/2010 02:41 PM   
I have a similar problem. Im runnind dual 9800x2s, and noticed recently that my SLI was not working.
NVIDIA control panel Does not give me SLI options anymore, and in device manager, its recognizes my 4 GPUS, but one of them has the ERROR 43 problem.
Both cards do work tho.
I have a similar problem. Im runnind dual 9800x2s, and noticed recently that my SLI was not working.

NVIDIA control panel Does not give me SLI options anymore, and in device manager, its recognizes my 4 GPUS, but one of them has the ERROR 43 problem.

Both cards do work tho.

Posted 01/25/2011 08:22 PM   
I'm having a somewhat similar issue.

Windows 7 64-bit, with 2 GeForce 9600 GSO cards, but BOTH of mine are recognized, both by my device manager and NVIDIA Control Panel. The problem is that my NVIDIA Control Panel doesn't have the same options other people's have. I don't have any SLI option there. I don't even have the same startup page for my control panel. The options listed in it are different, and it has no mention of SLI in any of the left side-panel options or their corresponding pages they bring up. I thought perhaps my NVIDIA Control Panel was out-of-date, but checking on the official NVIDIA site, there is no download for the control panel, so it should update with my drivers (in theory). I have the newest drivers for both my nForce SLI-ready motherboard, and for my 2 SLI-ready cards.

Any clue as to why my control panel wouldn't have the right buttons I need to click in order to activate SLI when my entire system is saying that all systems are go?

Windows 7 64-bit, with 2 GeForce 9600 GSO cards, but BOTH of mine are recognized, both by my device manager and NVIDIA Control Panel. The problem is that my NVIDIA Control Panel doesn't have the same options other people's have. I don't have any SLI option there. I don't even have the same startup page for my control panel. The options listed in it are different, and it has no mention of SLI in any of the left side-panel options or their corresponding pages they bring up. I thought perhaps my NVIDIA Control Panel was out-of-date, but checking on the official NVIDIA site, there is no download for the control panel, so it should update with my drivers (in theory). I have the newest drivers for both my nForce SLI-ready motherboard, and for my 2 SLI-ready cards.

Any clue as to why my control panel wouldn't have the right buttons I need to click in order to activate SLI when my entire system is saying that all systems are go?

Posted 01/28/2011 05:47 AM   
Im having the exact same problem. I have 2x 8800gt card running in sli and was working fine until 2 days ago ( around the time of the last win7 update) and now my system only recognises 1 of the cards and the other is giving an error code and isnt working, subsequently nvidia control panel wont see the 2 cards and gives no sli option. Lets hope this is a win7 update issue and we get a fix soon.
Im having the exact same problem. I have 2x 8800gt card running in sli and was working fine until 2 days ago ( around the time of the last win7 update) and now my system only recognises 1 of the cards and the other is giving an error code and isnt working, subsequently nvidia control panel wont see the 2 cards and gives no sli option. Lets hope this is a win7 update issue and we get a fix soon.

Posted 01/30/2011 02:11 PM   
[quote name='jsmith432' date='11 December 2010 - 03:26 AM' timestamp='1292001975' post='1158962']

Here are the components:

[/quote]

I had the exact same problem. I was running...
2x EVGA GTX 480
EVGA X58 SLI LE motherboard
Corsair HX1000W PSU
windows 7-ultimate 64-bit

Initially it was only showing the "Set physX configuration" and not "set SLI and Physx." The latest Nvidia drivers and BIOS provided a temporary fix with SLI working properly until the machine was shut down or restarted after which I would have to reinstall the driver again to get SLI working. What solved the problem for good was getting the REALTEK driver update for PCIe GBE Family controller. I did this through a third party software "Driver Detective." I used this to update as many drivers as possible and SLI started working without problems after the PCIe GBE Family controller update. Hope this helps.
[quote name='jsmith432' date='11 December 2010 - 03:26 AM' timestamp='1292001975' post='1158962']

Here are the components:

I had the exact same problem. I was running...

2x EVGA GTX 480

EVGA X58 SLI LE motherboard

Corsair HX1000W PSU

windows 7-ultimate 64-bit

Initially it was only showing the "Set physX configuration" and not "set SLI and Physx." The latest Nvidia drivers and BIOS provided a temporary fix with SLI working properly until the machine was shut down or restarted after which I would have to reinstall the driver again to get SLI working. What solved the problem for good was getting the REALTEK driver update for PCIe GBE Family controller. I did this through a third party software "Driver Detective." I used this to update as many drivers as possible and SLI started working without problems after the PCIe GBE Family controller update. Hope this helps.

Posted 01/31/2011 12:34 AM   
[quote name='AgentForest' date='28 January 2011 - 03:47 PM' timestamp='1296193647' post='1184872']

[/quote]

I had the same problem. The cards were recognized by the device manager but the there was no SLI option in the Nvidia control panel. EVGA, my card and motherboard's manufacturer said to flash to latest BIOS. What solved the problem in the end was I got the REALTEK driver update for PCIe GBE Family controller. EVGA offered an update for this from their website (this update was however out of date on their site). I got the latest update via a third party driver update software "Driver Detective."
[quote name='AgentForest' date='28 January 2011 - 03:47 PM' timestamp='1296193647' post='1184872']

I had the same problem. The cards were recognized by the device manager but the there was no SLI option in the Nvidia control panel. EVGA, my card and motherboard's manufacturer said to flash to latest BIOS. What solved the problem in the end was I got the REALTEK driver update for PCIe GBE Family controller. EVGA offered an update for this from their website (this update was however out of date on their site). I got the latest update via a third party driver update software "Driver Detective."

Posted 01/31/2011 04:04 AM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top