Second monitor doesn't work after updating drivers
Hi,

I have 2 monitors connected via DVI to my GTX 470. My primary monitor is a 22" LG and my second monitor is actually a 27" LG LCD TV which I use when I'm watching movies. For this reason, the second monitor isn't usually turned on.

When I was running drivers v258.96, I would turn on the 2nd monitor, then open the nvidia CP (at which point the computer would make the "ding ding" hardware detected noise) and enable the second monitor. The monitor has worked like this since the first day I installed windows 7 (over a year ago).

After upgrading to 260.99, the monitor is no longer detected in the same way. The only way I can get it detected in the nvidia CP is by ensuring the monitor is turned on before the computer is booted. I used to have this behaviour when I was running Windows Vista (and I don't really know why that changed when I upgraded to windows 7).

Uninstalling the 260 drivers, cleaning my computer with driver sweeper and reinstalling the 258 drivers hasn't fixed the problem.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem is here?
Hi,

I have 2 monitors connected via DVI to my GTX 470. My primary monitor is a 22" LG and my second monitor is actually a 27" LG LCD TV which I use when I'm watching movies. For this reason, the second monitor isn't usually turned on.

When I was running drivers v258.96, I would turn on the 2nd monitor, then open the nvidia CP (at which point the computer would make the "ding ding" hardware detected noise) and enable the second monitor. The monitor has worked like this since the first day I installed windows 7 (over a year ago).

After upgrading to 260.99, the monitor is no longer detected in the same way. The only way I can get it detected in the nvidia CP is by ensuring the monitor is turned on before the computer is booted. I used to have this behaviour when I was running Windows Vista (and I don't really know why that changed when I upgraded to windows 7).

Uninstalling the 260 drivers, cleaning my computer with driver sweeper and reinstalling the 258 drivers hasn't fixed the problem.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem is here?

Posted 12/06/2010 02:22 AM   
Bump

Anyone?
Bump

Anyone?

Posted 12/12/2010 11:41 PM   
Scroll To Top