NVIDIA DRIVERS non aero compatible Warning can not use USB monitors with out WDDM Aero compatibility
I'm having same issues with NVIDIA 260.00 and higher. I have tried GTX 260, 285, and now 465, and same issues.

WIN 7 64 bit Home prem, latest update and the drivers refuse to install correctly I have issues ticket after ticket after ticket, 4 months later still same problem.
None of the drivers are WDDM aero capable I can not use multiple monitors that are USB, they required aero display-link windows drivers.

NVIDIA when are you going to fix this problem?
I'm having same issues with NVIDIA 260.00 and higher. I have tried GTX 260, 285, and now 465, and same issues.

WIN 7 64 bit Home prem, latest update and the drivers refuse to install correctly I have issues ticket after ticket after ticket, 4 months later still same problem.

None of the drivers are WDDM aero capable I can not use multiple monitors that are USB, they required aero display-link windows drivers.

Asus|i7x970|CorsairHC100WC|Corsair24gb1600|EVGA GTX680 4gb|ATX1200Csr|CBTitanium7.1|Win7x64pro|TrackIr4Pr o/ir|Saitekst290pro|SaitekpedalsPro|X52ThrottleCntrl |LogitechG15/Ratz7Mouse|39"1080pLED|2x7"Lilliputs LCD 1x9" DblSght LCD|Turtle Beach 5.1EarforceZ6a

Posted 12/05/2010 01:28 AM   
This is an odd issue as hundreds of thousands of people have installed the nVidia 100-200-260 drivers with Vista and 7 Areo functionality working. The current drivers support the advanced features of Windows 7 and are WDDM 1.1 capable. However, you mentioned a "USB Monitor". These monitors do not use use the nVidia hardware (they are plugged into the USB port, not the nVidia video card) and will install their own drivers which may not be Aero compatible. Windows Vista/7 may limit the use of Aero on multiple monitor displays where one of the displays does not support Aero.
This is an odd issue as hundreds of thousands of people have installed the nVidia 100-200-260 drivers with Vista and 7 Areo functionality working. The current drivers support the advanced features of Windows 7 and are WDDM 1.1 capable. However, you mentioned a "USB Monitor". These monitors do not use use the nVidia hardware (they are plugged into the USB port, not the nVidia video card) and will install their own drivers which may not be Aero compatible. Windows Vista/7 may limit the use of Aero on multiple monitor displays where one of the displays does not support Aero.

Posted 12/05/2010 12:25 PM   
[quote name='Mastiff' date='04 December 2010 - 06:28 PM' timestamp='1291512489' post='1155917']

[/quote]

As Secured2k mentioned, there is no endemic problem using the nVidia cards with Win 7 Aero. Although I am on an x86 OS, my daughter has the x64 version and she has no problems with the nVidia drivers. Now you mention "USB" monitors. Please provide a bit more details as that might be the reason why you are struggling.
[quote name='Mastiff' date='04 December 2010 - 06:28 PM' timestamp='1291512489' post='1155917']

As Secured2k mentioned, there is no endemic problem using the nVidia cards with Win 7 Aero. Although I am on an x86 OS, my daughter has the x64 version and she has no problems with the nVidia drivers. Now you mention "USB" monitors. Please provide a bit more details as that might be the reason why you are struggling.

Posted 12/05/2010 01:20 PM   
I will try to install with usb's unpluged and display link turned off.
I will try to install with usb's unpluged and display link turned off.

Asus|i7x970|CorsairHC100WC|Corsair24gb1600|EVGA GTX680 4gb|ATX1200Csr|CBTitanium7.1|Win7x64pro|TrackIr4Pr o/ir|Saitekst290pro|SaitekpedalsPro|X52ThrottleCntrl |LogitechG15/Ratz7Mouse|39"1080pLED|2x7"Lilliputs LCD 1x9" DblSght LCD|Turtle Beach 5.1EarforceZ6a

Posted 12/06/2010 04:02 PM   
it did not work windows aero is not available; I can not use aero themes after installing any thing above 258.96. I can not change my windows colors or themes.

the system reposts this driver as not wddm compliant.
Asus P6T mother board
latest drivers
intell inf chipset
would the P6T not be compatible with the new versions of the drivers?

The current video card may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM). Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver.

this is the error reporting I get from windows 7 with any driver above 258.96.
Aero Publisher details

Issues found
Video card driver doesn't support Aero effectsVideo card driver doesn't support Aero effects
The current video card driver isn't compatible with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM). Not fixed
Update the driver for your video card Informational

Potential issues that were checked
Mirror drivers don't support Aero effectsMirror drivers don't support Aero effects
A running program uses a mirror driver (a type of display driver) which is not compatible with the Aero desktop experience. Issue not present
Aero effects not supported on this Windows editionAero effects not supported on this Windows edition
Some Aero features such as transparency are not included on certain Windows editions. Issue not present
The Windows Experience Index has not been computedThe Windows Experience Index has not been computed
The Windows Experience Index base score measures the capability of your computer's hardware and software configuration and is one of many factors that determine whether the Aero desktop effects can run. Issue not present

Issues found Detection details

6 Video card driver doesn't support Aero effects Not fixed

The current video card driver isn't compatible with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM).

Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver.

Potential issues that were checked Detection details

Mirror drivers don't support Aero effects Issue not present

A running program uses a mirror driver (a type of display driver) which is not compatible with the Aero desktop experience.

Aero effects not supported on this Windows edition Issue not present

Some Aero features such as transparency are not included on certain Windows editions.

The Windows Experience Index has not been computed Issue not present

The Windows Experience Index base score measures the capability of your computer's hardware and software configuration and is one of many factors that determine whether the Aero desktop effects can run.

I have tried everything short of reinstalling windows 7
it did not work windows aero is not available; I can not use aero themes after installing any thing above 258.96. I can not change my windows colors or themes.

the system reposts this driver as not wddm compliant.

Asus P6T mother board

latest drivers

intell inf chipset

would the P6T not be compatible with the new versions of the drivers?

The current video card may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM). Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver.

this is the error reporting I get from windows 7 with any driver above 258.96.

Aero Publisher details

Issues found

Video card driver doesn't support Aero effectsVideo card driver doesn't support Aero effects

The current video card driver isn't compatible with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM). Not fixed

Potential issues that were checked

Mirror drivers don't support Aero effectsMirror drivers don't support Aero effects

A running program uses a mirror driver (a type of display driver) which is not compatible with the Aero desktop experience. Issue not present

Aero effects not supported on this Windows editionAero effects not supported on this Windows edition

Some Aero features such as transparency are not included on certain Windows editions. Issue not present

The Windows Experience Index has not been computedThe Windows Experience Index has not been computed

The Windows Experience Index base score measures the capability of your computer's hardware and software configuration and is one of many factors that determine whether the Aero desktop effects can run. Issue not present

Issues found Detection details

6 Video card driver doesn't support Aero effects Not fixed

The current video card driver isn't compatible with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM).

Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver.

Potential issues that were checked Detection details

Mirror drivers don't support Aero effects Issue not present

A running program uses a mirror driver (a type of display driver) which is not compatible with the Aero desktop experience.

Aero effects not supported on this Windows edition Issue not present

Some Aero features such as transparency are not included on certain Windows editions.

The Windows Experience Index has not been computed Issue not present

The Windows Experience Index base score measures the capability of your computer's hardware and software configuration and is one of many factors that determine whether the Aero desktop effects can run.

I have tried everything short of reinstalling windows 7

Posted 12/06/2010 04:13 PM   
There's somethin' seriously wrong with your system, because no one else is having Aero-issues with these drivers on any DX10-or-higher compliant cards.

I would seriously consider reinstalling your Windows.
There's somethin' seriously wrong with your system, because no one else is having Aero-issues with these drivers on any DX10-or-higher compliant cards.

I would seriously consider reinstalling your Windows.

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 12/06/2010 04:36 PM   
I bought a digital picture frame from Samsung (SPF-107H) that doubles as USB monitor as well. When I installed the drivers for it and enabled it, my Windows 7 also lost Aero.

I do not think this has anything to do with nVidia, it is the USB driver that runs the display, not nVidia driver.
I bought a digital picture frame from Samsung (SPF-107H) that doubles as USB monitor as well. When I installed the drivers for it and enabled it, my Windows 7 also lost Aero.

I do not think this has anything to do with nVidia, it is the USB driver that runs the display, not nVidia driver.

Posted 12/06/2010 07:59 PM   
Mastiff, you have to do a bit more than just "unplug the USBs" if you've even gone that far.

Unplug them, remove any drivers and hubs associated with them, run a good [url="http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/registry-cleaner/"]Registry Cleaner[/url] and then try again with nothing but a "standard port" output monitor and the nVidia driver...
Mastiff, you have to do a bit more than just "unplug the USBs" if you've even gone that far.

Unplug them, remove any drivers and hubs associated with them, run a good Registry Cleaner and then try again with nothing but a "standard port" output monitor and the nVidia driver...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 12/06/2010 11:56 PM   
hey Jaf it was the displaylnik core software drivers displaylink gpu graphics drivers for the USB Monitors.

They just came out with an update 7 days ago and didn't notify anyone about that.

http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=305

update drivers
http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php
hey Jaf it was the displaylnik core software drivers displaylink gpu graphics drivers for the USB Monitors.

They just came out with an update 7 days ago and didn't notify anyone about that.

http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=305

update drivers

http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php

Posted 12/07/2010 08:09 PM   
There's been more than a couple developers caught by surprise by the changes in the driver structure and framework. When the 257-series came out, profiles were rewritten to use a different, more effective interface into the driver itself. I don't believe Grestorn has yet updated nHancer to work with anything but the drivers below 200. RivaTuner's, and in turn Precision's and a couple other RT derivatives, developer [i]unwinder[/i] had to make a couple tweaks to its desktop server. And nVidia Inspector comes along to fill in for one and compete with others.

And each change is most likely in conjunction with the addition of new capabilities. We've gone from a single monitor in SLI [i][b]or[/b][/i] no SLI for multi-monitor, to 3 monitors in SLI for Surround/Surround3D and as many monitors as you can fit cards for (USB not considered). We have configurable PhysX. We now support 5 versions of DirectX, 4 versions of OpenGL, 2 versions of CUDA, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I'm sure nVidia, as does any other company in similar circumstances, tries its best to give sufficient warning to a large set of NDAs, but what are the odds really of even knowing everyone who [i]should[/i] be on the list?

Long-winded way of basically saying "Life happens". And I'm betting that Life feels much better than it recently did now that you've had a chance to find a solution, eh?...
There's been more than a couple developers caught by surprise by the changes in the driver structure and framework. When the 257-series came out, profiles were rewritten to use a different, more effective interface into the driver itself. I don't believe Grestorn has yet updated nHancer to work with anything but the drivers below 200. RivaTuner's, and in turn Precision's and a couple other RT derivatives, developer unwinder had to make a couple tweaks to its desktop server. And nVidia Inspector comes along to fill in for one and compete with others.

And each change is most likely in conjunction with the addition of new capabilities. We've gone from a single monitor in SLI or no SLI for multi-monitor, to 3 monitors in SLI for Surround/Surround3D and as many monitors as you can fit cards for (USB not considered). We have configurable PhysX. We now support 5 versions of DirectX, 4 versions of OpenGL, 2 versions of CUDA, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I'm sure nVidia, as does any other company in similar circumstances, tries its best to give sufficient warning to a large set of NDAs, but what are the odds really of even knowing everyone who should be on the list?

Long-winded way of basically saying "Life happens". And I'm betting that Life feels much better than it recently did now that you've had a chance to find a solution, eh?...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 12/07/2010 11:52 PM   
Also having a similar problem I think, but mine is worse, I cant login to windows. Im using a USB monitor also. Heres my original post:
[quote]Hi, Ive tried twice now to update to 260.99, every time I finish installing the update, my computer restarts, and after I type in my password and login, It pretty much stays at the welcome screen and does nothing else, the longest I waited for it is like 15 minutes.

Heres some of my specs:
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz
XFX XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLI

512MB GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
Sceptre @ 1680x1050
Sceptre X22HG @ 1680x1050
Dell E151FPp @ 1024x768

195GB FUJITSU MAXTOR STM3200820A ATA Device
1465GB Seagate ST315005 41AS SCSI Disk Device
293GB Western Digital WDC WD30 SCSI Disk Device

Realtek High Definition Audio

IDK if theres any incompatibilities with Game Booster(recently installed) or EVGA UV Plus+(dell monitor), just an idea.

But in order to fix the problem after installing, I boot into safe mode and do a system restore.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening, I kinda wanted to update my drivers in hopes it will help my COD Black Ops experience.[/quote]
Also having a similar problem I think, but mine is worse, I cant login to windows. Im using a USB monitor also. Heres my original post:

Hi, Ive tried twice now to update to 260.99, every time I finish installing the update, my computer restarts, and after I type in my password and login, It pretty much stays at the welcome screen and does nothing else, the longest I waited for it is like 15 minutes.

Heres some of my specs:

Windows 7 64-bit

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz

8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz

XFX XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLI

512MB GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+

Sceptre @ 1680x1050

Sceptre X22HG @ 1680x1050

Dell E151FPp @ 1024x768

195GB FUJITSU MAXTOR STM3200820A ATA Device

1465GB Seagate ST315005 41AS SCSI Disk Device

293GB Western Digital WDC WD30 SCSI Disk Device

Realtek High Definition Audio

IDK if theres any incompatibilities with Game Booster(recently installed) or EVGA UV Plus+(dell monitor), just an idea.

But in order to fix the problem after installing, I boot into safe mode and do a system restore.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening, I kinda wanted to update my drivers in hopes it will help my COD Black Ops experience.

Posted 12/08/2010 03:25 AM   
Scroll To Top