GTX 260 & Onkyo HT-RC260 No Signal
All,

I have a custom built HTPC that I have had for a while. It was my desktop machine, and I recently made it my HTPC. It has a 2 NVIDIA GTX 260's SLIed. I have used it in the past connected directly to my Panasonic TC-P65S1 Plasma without problem. I recently moved into my house, and now have an Onkyo HT-RC260 reciever. It has HDMI in and out, and is not just pass-thru.

The problem I am having is when trying to use my HTPC, I get no signal. I don't know if there is a HDCP handshake issue or what. I can sometimes get signal if I change inputs on the receiver back and forth, but not always. I have tried multiple resolutions. I have noticed it never picks up the monitor as the HT-RC260, I believe it always shows as an unknown device. Any ideas? If I connect straight to the TV it works, but not through the receiver.

I have tried going to VGA mode on restart.

Something that I find odd is that I also have an Asus G73jh laptop with a Radeon Mobility 5870 and it works fine through the receiver. It shows the monitor as HT-RC260, which is correct, as it sees and is handshaking to the receiver. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Summary:
No signal through Receiver.

Gear:
Windows 7 Ultimate
Intel Core2 Duo E8400
eVGA GTX 260 (standard)
eVGA GTX 260 Core 216
Onkyo HT-RC260
Panasonic TC-P65S1
All,

I have a custom built HTPC that I have had for a while. It was my desktop machine, and I recently made it my HTPC. It has a 2 NVIDIA GTX 260's SLIed. I have used it in the past connected directly to my Panasonic TC-P65S1 Plasma without problem. I recently moved into my house, and now have an Onkyo HT-RC260 reciever. It has HDMI in and out, and is not just pass-thru.

The problem I am having is when trying to use my HTPC, I get no signal. I don't know if there is a HDCP handshake issue or what. I can sometimes get signal if I change inputs on the receiver back and forth, but not always. I have tried multiple resolutions. I have noticed it never picks up the monitor as the HT-RC260, I believe it always shows as an unknown device. Any ideas? If I connect straight to the TV it works, but not through the receiver.

I have tried going to VGA mode on restart.

Something that I find odd is that I also have an Asus G73jh laptop with a Radeon Mobility 5870 and it works fine through the receiver. It shows the monitor as HT-RC260, which is correct, as it sees and is handshaking to the receiver. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Summary:

No signal through Receiver.

Gear:

Windows 7 Ultimate

Intel Core2 Duo E8400

eVGA GTX 260 (standard)

eVGA GTX 260 Core 216

Onkyo HT-RC260

Panasonic TC-P65S1

Posted 11/29/2010 05:27 PM   
Scroll To Top