Black bars on sides solved :)
For anyone having the issue of getting black bars in games try this:

Ok after about 30 mins of messing with it I got it solved. You will notice if you go to control panel then Display and change your resolution you will get black bars on the sides too(i run in 1440x900 but when i set lower resolution like 1024x768 or whatever it is i get the black bars.) So as many of you have found out you can't fix the problem this way. So i set my resolution back to 1440x768 then I opened the Nvidia control panel(Not the windows Display icon) and so i set the resolution on that to 1024x768 and clicked apply. HOLY CRAP no black bars on the side when in a game and the game is set to the same resolution :) Easy fix but it took me forever to figure out lol. So basically what I got to do now is set to the desired resolution in the Nvidia Control Panel before I enter into games or else I'll get the annoying black bars on the side :) Hope this helps someone. Kind of a weird thing but whatever i guess.

Ok after about 30 mins of messing with it I got it solved. You will notice if you go to control panel then Display and change your resolution you will get black bars on the sides too(i run in 1440x900 but when i set lower resolution like 1024x768 or whatever it is i get the black bars.) So as many of you have found out you can't fix the problem this way. So i set my resolution back to 1440x768 then I opened the Nvidia control panel(Not the windows Display icon) and so i set the resolution on that to 1024x768 and clicked apply. HOLY CRAP no black bars on the side when in a game and the game is set to the same resolution :) Easy fix but it took me forever to figure out lol. So basically what I got to do now is set to the desired resolution in the Nvidia Control Panel before I enter into games or else I'll get the annoying black bars on the side :) Hope this helps someone. Kind of a weird thing but whatever i guess.

Posted 11/28/2010 07:31 AM   

Posted 11/28/2010 07:31 AM   
so what your sayign is that resoultion in game has to be same as on screen /unsure.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />....cause changing resloution on screen doesnt give me black bars on side....it only streches picture so that i dont see everything...only in games i get those bars on sides
so what your sayign is that resoultion in game has to be same as on screen /unsure.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />....cause changing resloution on screen doesnt give me black bars on side....it only streches picture so that i dont see everything...only in games i get those bars on sides

Posted 11/28/2010 08:06 PM   
[quote name='Rooifalk2005' date='28 November 2010 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1290974799' post='1152785']
[/quote]

Yeah thats what i did I lowered the resolution before entering into a game and then i loade3d the game and lowered the resolution in that(so they matched) I used the Nvidia Control Panel instead of the built in resolution changer in Windows 7("The "Display" icon in Control Panel) That fixed my black bars on both sides.
[quote name='Rooifalk2005' date='28 November 2010 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1290974799' post='1152785']

Yeah thats what i did I lowered the resolution before entering into a game and then i loade3d the game and lowered the resolution in that(so they matched) I used the Nvidia Control Panel instead of the built in resolution changer in Windows 7("The "Display" icon in Control Panel) That fixed my black bars on both sides.

Posted 11/29/2010 02:58 AM   
Scroll To Top