Increasing FPS in CSS
I just installed GeForce 6200 AGP8X and update the driver to latest on a dual core Intel with 4Gigs ram Win7 system yet I can only get 9. FPS while on Counter Strike source. How to increase CSS FPS?

Thank you.

......Update, while I was making this thread, I disabled 'vertical sync' in NVIDIA Control Panel and put the maximum proformance on "Adjust Image Settings with Preview" page from NVIDIA Control Panel and am now getting 30+ FPS via CSS video stress test. How to further tweak for maximum proformane/quality balance.
I just installed GeForce 6200 AGP8X and update the driver to latest on a dual core Intel with 4Gigs ram Win7 system yet I can only get 9. FPS while on Counter Strike source. How to increase CSS FPS?

Thank you.

......Update, while I was making this thread, I disabled 'vertical sync' in NVIDIA Control Panel and put the maximum proformance on "Adjust Image Settings with Preview" page from NVIDIA Control Panel and am now getting 30+ FPS via CSS video stress test. How to further tweak for maximum proformane/quality balance.

Posted 11/21/2010 07:14 PM   

Thank you.

Thank you.

Posted 11/21/2010 07:14 PM   
buy a capable graphics card

_ NVLDDMKM problems_ | _ problems getting a driver for a laptop graphics card_ | _What PSU do I need?_

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 August 2011 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1313055223' post='1277858']

I think Qazax is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Posted 11/21/2010 10:19 PM   

_ NVLDDMKM problems_ | _ problems getting a driver for a laptop graphics card_ | _What PSU do I need?_

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 August 2011 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1313055223' post='1277858']

I think Qazax is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Posted 11/21/2010 10:19 PM   
Ummm... just so you know, this game #1 is older than dirt, #2, is older than your video card, but not by much, and #3 can be run on ANY MODERN $75 graphics card at 200+FPS.

As Qazax said, get a newer graphics card = problem solved.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187121&cm_re=GT430-_-14-187-121-_-Product ~ $65, and will eat CS:S alive. Enjoy.
Ummm... just so you know, this game #1 is older than dirt, #2, is older than your video card, but not by much, and #3 can be run on ANY MODERN $75 graphics card at 200+FPS.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187121&cm_re=GT430-_-14-187-121-_-Product
~ $65, and will eat CS:S alive. Enjoy.

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 11/22/2010 07:23 AM   

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187121&cm_re=GT430-_-14-187-121-_-Product ~ $65, and will eat CS:S alive. Enjoy.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187121&cm_re=GT430-_-14-187-121-_-Product
~ $65, and will eat CS:S alive. Enjoy.

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 11/22/2010 07:23 AM   
just make sure your PC has a PCIe slot, as your current card is AGP - you may be limited to AGP cards only...
just make sure your PC has a PCIe slot, as your current card is AGP - you may be limited to AGP cards only...

Posted 11/22/2010 07:53 AM   

Posted 11/22/2010 07:53 AM   
[quote name='jawebmasters' date='21 November 2010 - 12:14 PM' timestamp='1290366888' post='1149698']

Thank you.

[/quote]

With a card that old... You may have better luck trying older drivers. Far as the vsync hit, try enabling Triple Buffering in the control panel.

Aside from that, you're going to have to upgrade like others are saying. *Also, with an older card and Windows 7 you may get some more FPS by disabling Aero. That is to say, use the Windows Classic theme or Windows 7 Basic.
[quote name='jawebmasters' date='21 November 2010 - 12:14 PM' timestamp='1290366888' post='1149698']

Thank you.

With a card that old... You may have better luck trying older drivers. Far as the vsync hit, try enabling Triple Buffering in the control panel.

Aside from that, you're going to have to upgrade like others are saying. *Also, with an older card and Windows 7 you may get some more FPS by disabling Aero. That is to say, use the Windows Classic theme or Windows 7 Basic.

Posted 11/22/2010 11:09 AM   

Thank you.

[/quote]

Thank you.

Posted 11/22/2010 11:09 AM   
Thanx for the replies...............
Ok, So I manage to find a PCI-e Geforce 7200gs 256Ram buried deep in my ever-growing massive box of spare parts and installed it, I got pretty much the same results.....

I was previously playing CSS on my "MSI G31TM P21" that has integrated Graphic and works fine for a part time gamer then I remembered I have several video cards and was trying to see if it was possible to get better game play.

I'm getting 60+ FPS on the integrate and 31+ FPS on Geforce 7200. Guess i'll just stick with the integrated MSI.

Ok, So I manage to find a PCI-e Geforce 7200gs 256Ram buried deep in my ever-growing massive box of spare parts and installed it, I got pretty much the same results.....

I was previously playing CSS on my "MSI G31TM P21" that has integrated Graphic and works fine for a part time gamer then I remembered I have several video cards and was trying to see if it was possible to get better game play.

I'm getting 60+ FPS on the integrate and 31+ FPS on Geforce 7200. Guess i'll just stick with the integrated MSI.

Posted 11/22/2010 06:41 PM   

Posted 11/22/2010 06:41 PM   
Scroll To Top