CANNOT UPDATE MY GEFORCE DRIVER. I can't update my Geforce 8 series
Hello guys!

I have a Geforce 8400 GT GPU, I want to update the driver because the version of the driver I am using is really old.
Now every time I try to detect my GPU automatically at Geforce or NVIDIA website, they tell me that Sony recommends you update the driver
from their website. I tried for severals finding my GPU driver update on the Sony website but found nothing.
When I choose my Hardware correctly from the Geforce website and download it and then try to install the updated version, it says that the driver
couldn't find any compatible Hardware on your computer. But on the other hand my GPU is listed in the Support list of the driver that I download.
I have a Sony Vaio laptop.
Model: VGN-FZ11M
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT GPU
Memory: 2GB
CPU: 1.80 GHZ

Please! Please! Please! someone help me! :( I have researched now for months trying to update my Graphics driver but found no hlep :([attachment=18899:driver.error.1.jpg]
Hello guys!

I have a Geforce 8400 GT GPU, I want to update the driver because the version of the driver I am using is really old.

Now every time I try to detect my GPU automatically at Geforce or NVIDIA website, they tell me that Sony recommends you update the driver

from their website. I tried for severals finding my GPU driver update on the Sony website but found nothing.

When I choose my Hardware correctly from the Geforce website and download it and then try to install the updated version, it says that the driver

couldn't find any compatible Hardware on your computer. But on the other hand my GPU is listed in the Support list of the driver that I download.

Please! Please! Please! someone help me! :( I have researched now for months trying to update my Graphics driver but found no hlep :([attachment=18899:driver.error.1.jpg]
Attachments

driver.error.1.jpg

Posted 11/19/2010 11:59 PM   
Hello guys!

Please! Please! Please! someone help me! :( I have researched now for months trying to update my Graphics driver but found no hlep :([attachment=24521:driver.error.1.jpg]
Hello guys!

Please! Please! Please! someone help me! :( I have researched now for months trying to update my Graphics driver but found no hlep :([attachment=24521:driver.error.1.jpg]

Posted 11/19/2010 11:59 PM   
The problem is that Sony changed the hardware ID of the 8400M GT and so it is not recognized by any Nvidia official drivers. You need drivers with modded INF that has the hardware ID added in. You can try searching for modded drivers at http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers but you need to find out the hardware ID first. It should be listed in Device Manager through the Properties page for your display adapter. Another way is to modify the INF file of the official drivers yourself and adding in the hardware ID there.

Anyway, this is really Sony's fault for changing the hardware ID and not telling Nvidia about it. I guess Sony believes that their driver support is so excellent that they don't need support from Nvidia's official notebook drivers.
The problem is that Sony changed the hardware ID of the 8400M GT and so it is not recognized by any Nvidia official drivers. You need drivers with modded INF that has the hardware ID added in. You can try searching for modded drivers at http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers but you need to find out the hardware ID first. It should be listed in Device Manager through the Properties page for your display adapter. Another way is to modify the INF file of the official drivers yourself and adding in the hardware ID there.

Anyway, this is really Sony's fault for changing the hardware ID and not telling Nvidia about it. I guess Sony believes that their driver support is so excellent that they don't need support from Nvidia's official notebook drivers.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2550K @4.4GHz
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-G43 (Intel Z77 chipset)
Graphics: Palit GeForce GTX 970 JetStream (GM204 @1152MHz)
RAM: 2 x 4GB Visipro PC3-12800 (1.5V @933MHz)
PSU: Seasonic Eco 600W SS-600BT Active PFC T3
Monitor: Asus VX239H (23" Full HD AH-IPS LED Display)

Posted 11/20/2010 05:17 AM   

CPU: Intel Core i5-2550K @4.4GHz
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-G43 (Intel Z77 chipset)
Graphics: Palit GeForce GTX 970 JetStream (GM204 @1152MHz)
RAM: 2 x 4GB Visipro PC3-12800 (1.5V @933MHz)
PSU: Seasonic Eco 600W SS-600BT Active PFC T3
Monitor: Asus VX239H (23" Full HD AH-IPS LED Display)

Posted 11/20/2010 05:17 AM   
[quote name='Ital' date='20 November 2010 - 05:17 AM' timestamp='1290230268' post='1149174']

[/quote]

Hello Ital,
Thank you very much for the reply. I really don't know how to modify the INF file, even don't know where I can find the file and how to change the Hardware ID?
Sony Support really sucx! -.- I will never buy sony products anymore...! :(
Do you know any link to the modified version of GeForce 8400M GT driver?
[quote name='Ital' date='20 November 2010 - 05:17 AM' timestamp='1290230268' post='1149174']

Hello Ital,

Thank you very much for the reply. I really don't know how to modify the INF file, even don't know where I can find the file and how to change the Hardware ID?

Posted 11/20/2010 01:08 PM   

[/quote]

Hello Ital,

Hello Ital,

Posted 11/20/2010 01:08 PM   
Scroll To Top