NFS Hot Pursuit AA
  2 / 4    
[quote name='LINAK' date='17 November 2010 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1290003253' post='1147851']
How to turn on AA in new nfs or we need to wait new drivers...again.
P.S. gtx 460 1gb+260.99
[/quote]

Did you try Nvidia Inspector? It's one of the most powerfull tools for settings with NV cards. There you also can turn on SGSSAA for exampel: [url="http://www.3dcenter.org/download/nvidia-inspector"]Nvidia Inspector[/url].
There you have to click on the right side of the line "Driver Version" on that crossed tools, so the window with the game settings will open (see picture). So select a game, make settings and click on "Apply changes". Et voilà, you can make some f*/king cool settings ;-)

[img]http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3836/nvinspector.gif[/img]
[quote name='LINAK' date='17 November 2010 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1290003253' post='1147851']

How to turn on AA in new nfs or we need to wait new drivers...again.

P.S. gtx 460 1gb+260.99

Did you try Nvidia Inspector? It's one of the most powerfull tools for settings with NV cards. There you also can turn on SGSSAA for exampel: Nvidia Inspector.

There you have to click on the right side of the line "Driver Version" on that crossed tools, so the window with the game settings will open (see picture). So select a game, make settings and click on "Apply changes". Et voilà, you can make some f*/king cool settings ;-)

Posted 11/20/2010 11:23 AM   
Yes,i tried.But it doesn't change.

Posted 11/20/2010 11:39 AM   

Posted 11/20/2010 11:39 AM   
Eurogamer published their comparison today, consoles have AA in hot pursuit, pc hasn´t:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-nfs-hot-pursuit-face-off?page=3

Where are the twimtbp guys when they are needed? :p
Eurogamer published their comparison today, consoles have AA in hot pursuit, pc hasn´t:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-nfs-hot-pursuit-face-off?page=3

Posted 11/20/2010 05:40 PM   

Posted 11/20/2010 05:40 PM   
[quote name='ManuelG' date='20 November 2010 - 03:01 AM' timestamp='1290222095' post='1149153']
Why would you say that? We love gamers. We just created a new website entirely devoted to gamers. Our software team is trying to come up with new ways to make the PC game experience the best gaming experience with 3D Vision, Physx, 3D Vision Surround and much more.

We have a bug filed for this so hopefully our software team can make AA override work with this game. The game itself does not have native support for AA.
[/quote]
better deal with drivers,not websites... 8 month of waiting fix, normal u think? And not sure if they will fix Low GPU problem.Thats the way Nvidia care about consumers...
[quote name='ManuelG' date='20 November 2010 - 03:01 AM' timestamp='1290222095' post='1149153']

Why would you say that? We love gamers. We just created a new website entirely devoted to gamers. Our software team is trying to come up with new ways to make the PC game experience the best gaming experience with 3D Vision, Physx, 3D Vision Surround and much more.

We have a bug filed for this so hopefully our software team can make AA override work with this game. The game itself does not have native support for AA.

better deal with drivers,not websites... 8 month of waiting fix, normal u think? And not sure if they will fix Low GPU problem.Thats the way Nvidia care about consumers...

Cpu: q9550 @ 3.6

Mobo: ASUS Striker II Formula

Memory Ram: Corsair XMS2 DHX 2x2GB

Graphic: GTX 295 (Dual PCB)

PSU: Zalman ZM1000-HP

Sound: Onboard sound default

Posted 11/20/2010 07:45 PM   

[/quote]

Cpu: q9550 @ 3.6

Mobo: ASUS Striker II Formula

Memory Ram: Corsair XMS2 DHX 2x2GB

Graphic: GTX 295 (Dual PCB)

PSU: Zalman ZM1000-HP

Sound: Onboard sound default

Posted 11/20/2010 07:45 PM   
[quote name='Lukilla' date='20 November 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1290274800' post='1149358']

Where are the twimtbp guys when they are needed? :p[/quote]

The console AA is selective though and only applied to the car so everything elese still has jagged edges (albeit you'd be hard pressed to notice them when actually playing the game due to the speed and motion-blurring). ATI card owners can force AA with the 10.10e (but apparently not the 10.11) drivers but, again, it is only applied to the vehicles not the scenery, exactly like the 360 and PS3 versions.

Using NVIDIA Inspector I've been able to force some kind of AA on the cars; although it isn't a massive improvement in all honesty, it is better than nothing. However, there is a white line on the right hand side of the screen and video memory usage has increased by 200 MB so I know some kind of AA *is* being applied otherwise there would be no white line and memory usage would be around 680 MB (at 1920x1200 with high textures and triple buffering enabled via D3DOverrider). I'm using a GTX 580 with the latest 263.09 WHQL drivers. I monitor memory usage using MSI Afterburner v2.1.0 Beta4. I just forced 4x4 Supersampling + 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling using the default profile that came with the drivers.

Terrific game too despite the lack of AA and some missing effects such as rain and light from the police car sirens (shame on you, Criterion for making the PC look inferior!). Soooooooooo addictive. I have every confidence that NVIDIA will add full AA support for the game in a later driver.
[quote name='Lukilla' date='20 November 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1290274800' post='1149358']

The console AA is selective though and only applied to the car so everything elese still has jagged edges (albeit you'd be hard pressed to notice them when actually playing the game due to the speed and motion-blurring). ATI card owners can force AA with the 10.10e (but apparently not the 10.11) drivers but, again, it is only applied to the vehicles not the scenery, exactly like the 360 and PS3 versions.

Using NVIDIA Inspector I've been able to force some kind of AA on the cars; although it isn't a massive improvement in all honesty, it is better than nothing. However, there is a white line on the right hand side of the screen and video memory usage has increased by 200 MB so I know some kind of AA *is* being applied otherwise there would be no white line and memory usage would be around 680 MB (at 1920x1200 with high textures and triple buffering enabled via D3DOverrider). I'm using a GTX 580 with the latest 263.09 WHQL drivers. I monitor memory usage using MSI Afterburner v2.1.0 Beta4. I just forced 4x4 Supersampling + 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling using the default profile that came with the drivers.

Terrific game too despite the lack of AA and some missing effects such as rain and light from the police car sirens (shame on you, Criterion for making the PC look inferior!). Soooooooooo addictive. I have every confidence that NVIDIA will add full AA support for the game in a later driver.

Intel Core i7-4770K @ 3.5 GHz | Noctua NH-D14 cooler | ASUS Z87 Deluxe motherboard v1707 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1,600 MHz DDR3 memory | 3 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 graphics | Creative X-Fi Titanium HD audio | 256 GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot) v070H | 2 x 2 TB Seagate Barracuda SATAIII hard drives | 1 x 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 SATAII hard drive | 2 x Samsung SH-B123L BD-ROM/DVD rewriters | Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced case | Cooler Master Silent Pro M850 PSU | Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center (64-bit)

Posted 11/21/2010 12:27 AM   

Where are the twimtbp guys when they are needed? :p[/quote]

Intel Core i7-4770K @ 3.5 GHz | Noctua NH-D14 cooler | ASUS Z87 Deluxe motherboard v1707 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1,600 MHz DDR3 memory | 3 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 graphics | Creative X-Fi Titanium HD audio | 256 GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot) v070H | 2 x 2 TB Seagate Barracuda SATAIII hard drives | 1 x 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 SATAII hard drive | 2 x Samsung SH-B123L BD-ROM/DVD rewriters | Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced case | Cooler Master Silent Pro M850 PSU | Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center (64-bit)

Posted 11/21/2010 12:27 AM   
This seems to be a game issue.

Posted 11/21/2010 02:25 PM   

Posted 11/21/2010 02:25 PM   
Yes,but owners of radeon have AA,what a shame

Posted 11/21/2010 03:44 PM   

Posted 11/21/2010 03:44 PM   
[quote name='LINAK' date='21 November 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1290354278' post='1149605']
Yes,but owners of radeon have AA,what a shame[/quote]

Only on the vehicles though. I'm sure NVIDIA will add support for it eventually and it may even extend to the environments as well.

Incidentally, while playing around with the different AA modes with NVIDIA Inspector I was able to get Hot Pursuit to use over 1.2 GB of video memory by forcing 32x combined super sampling AA and 4x Sparse Grid AA! Oddly, though despite the fact that increased memory usage usually indicates AA is working, I didn't see a massive image quality improvement if any nor did it have any impact on my framerate (I'd imagine those settings when working would bring even the GTX 580 down to its knees!).
[quote name='LINAK' date='21 November 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1290354278' post='1149605']

Only on the vehicles though. I'm sure NVIDIA will add support for it eventually and it may even extend to the environments as well.

Incidentally, while playing around with the different AA modes with NVIDIA Inspector I was able to get Hot Pursuit to use over 1.2 GB of video memory by forcing 32x combined super sampling AA and 4x Sparse Grid AA! Oddly, though despite the fact that increased memory usage usually indicates AA is working, I didn't see a massive image quality improvement if any nor did it have any impact on my framerate (I'd imagine those settings when working would bring even the GTX 580 down to its knees!).

Posted 11/22/2010 11:50 AM   
Yes,but owners of radeon have AA,what a shame[/quote]

Posted 11/22/2010 11:50 AM   
  2 / 4    
Scroll To Top