BFG Tech Nvidia 8600 GT OC stopped giving signal to monitor
Hello,

I have been using my BFG Tech geforce 8600 gt oc graphics card for about 3 years now and it has never had any problems.

I was given a verto geforce 9400 gt as a gift and figured I would compare them. So I installed it, works fine, and it happens to be the card im using right now.

When I tried to switch back to my old card (the BFG 8600 gt), my monitor displays a message saying no signal. There is no damage anywhere on the card and it is seated properly.

So if my verto 9400 gt is working fine, and gives a signal to my monitor, why wont my BFG tech 8600 gt give it a signal anymore?

Please help me!! :D
Hello,

I have been using my BFG Tech geforce 8600 gt oc graphics card for about 3 years now and it has never had any problems.

I was given a verto geforce 9400 gt as a gift and figured I would compare them. So I installed it, works fine, and it happens to be the card im using right now.

When I tried to switch back to my old card (the BFG 8600 gt), my monitor displays a message saying no signal. There is no damage anywhere on the card and it is seated properly.

So if my verto 9400 gt is working fine, and gives a signal to my monitor, why wont my BFG tech 8600 gt give it a signal anymore?

Posted 11/09/2010 03:30 AM   
Hello,

Hello,

Posted 11/09/2010 03:30 AM   
Im having the same problem. My pc was fine card worked great (8600 gt oc BFG) i turned off my pc came home the next day turned it on and it wasn't sending signal to my monitor. I checked my logs and it showed my friend was on my pc then logged off correctly 2 hours previously and no errors were logged.

So now im running off my motherboard graphx card. This all happened about 3 weeks ago and nearly everyday i search forums and troubleshoot for the problem, i have even gone as far as to Re-install Windows Xp sp3. I have used the drivers from Nvidia and i have also attempted to use the cs the card came with, nothing is working, I know the card is working, the Fan is on, the lights are on, my pc is detecting that there is a card there but the driver installation is saying there is no compatible hardware
Im having the same problem. My pc was fine card worked great (8600 gt oc BFG) i turned off my pc came home the next day turned it on and it wasn't sending signal to my monitor. I checked my logs and it showed my friend was on my pc then logged off correctly 2 hours previously and no errors were logged.

So now im running off my motherboard graphx card. This all happened about 3 weeks ago and nearly everyday i search forums and troubleshoot for the problem, i have even gone as far as to Re-install Windows Xp sp3. I have used the drivers from Nvidia and i have also attempted to use the cs the card came with, nothing is working, I know the card is working, the Fan is on, the lights are on, my pc is detecting that there is a card there but the driver installation is saying there is no compatible hardware

Posted 11/09/2010 09:52 PM   

Posted 11/09/2010 09:52 PM   
no got anything on this?
no got anything on this?

Posted 11/12/2010 04:10 AM   
no got anything on this?
no got anything on this?

Posted 11/12/2010 04:10 AM   
This happened to me yesterday on my BFG 8800 GTX.

The screen went black so I restarted and it worked for a while and then it went black again.

The next time I restarted the monitor doesnt detect a signal now.

So im thinking it died, anyway ordered a new card now.

The screen went black so I restarted and it worked for a while and then it went black again.

Posted 11/15/2010 08:11 AM   

Posted 11/15/2010 08:11 AM   
i was thinking it died, but everyone else describes that when a card goes bad, it does the line thing.. i used to have a few extra pcs but i got rid of them so i cant test my card on anyother pc. But i have ordered a new 9800gtx, still dont want to throw it away if its still good
i was thinking it died, but everyone else describes that when a card goes bad, it does the line thing.. i used to have a few extra pcs but i got rid of them so i cant test my card on anyother pc. But i have ordered a new 9800gtx, still dont want to throw it away if its still good

Posted 11/18/2010 03:29 AM   

Posted 11/18/2010 03:29 AM   
I am having the same problems

Asus 8600gt Graphics card DVI not working

Self build computer about 3 years old
ASRock ConRoe1333-DVI/H i945G Socket 775 onboard VGA 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz 1333FSB Socket 775 4MB Cache
Win vista ultimate
Asus 8600gt graphics card, “http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Home/Product/35161”

The DVI has stopped working. After getting rid of dust from the inside of computer and components. I can run and get a picture in safe mode, but in normal mode the computer boots up and runs but the monitor stops working when the vista tune starts. I have so far removed and re sat the graphics card uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Nvidia drivers. Put in an old 8400 graphics card and the DVI still has no response in normal running of the PC.
Any help or pointer on how to get this thing running as normal would be gratefully appreciated.
Cheers
I am having the same problems

Asus 8600gt Graphics card DVI not working

Self build computer about 3 years old

ASRock ConRoe1333-DVI/H i945G Socket 775 onboard VGA 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz 1333FSB Socket 775 4MB Cache

Win vista ultimate

Asus 8600gt graphics card, “http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Home/Product/35161”

The DVI has stopped working. After getting rid of dust from the inside of computer and components. I can run and get a picture in safe mode, but in normal mode the computer boots up and runs but the monitor stops working when the vista tune starts. I have so far removed and re sat the graphics card uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Nvidia drivers. Put in an old 8400 graphics card and the DVI still has no response in normal running of the PC.

Any help or pointer on how to get this thing running as normal would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Posted 12/09/2010 11:30 AM   
Scroll To Top