ECS GeForce 7050 M-M
  1 / 2    
My AMD Athlon X2 Dual-core X64 4400+ (2.4 GHz) was once overclocked via Nvidea System Tools, but I recently uninstalled the program because I set my processor up with different profiles: CPU idle = underclock to 2GHz, Performance = Overclock to 2.7 GHz and if the CPU reaches 90.C or above, underclock my CPU to 2.1 GHz (Stock Heatsink). My problem was the Nvidia System Tools, everytime it switched profiles or even loaded, I get a device error "1420c2". After googleing the error I found that it was related to the graphics card of which I don't have. Is there a fix to the error or is there an alternative program that'll suit my needs?
My AMD Athlon X2 Dual-core X64 4400+ (2.4 GHz) was once overclocked via Nvidea System Tools, but I recently uninstalled the program because I set my processor up with different profiles: CPU idle = underclock to 2GHz, Performance = Overclock to 2.7 GHz and if the CPU reaches 90.C or above, underclock my CPU to 2.1 GHz (Stock Heatsink). My problem was the Nvidia System Tools, everytime it switched profiles or even loaded, I get a device error "1420c2". After googleing the error I found that it was related to the graphics card of which I don't have. Is there a fix to the error or is there an alternative program that'll suit my needs?

My system:

HDD's:

1 160GB, 7200RPM, 8Mb Cache, Western Digital with SataII

1 123GB, 7200RPM, 8Mb Cache, Hitachi Deskstar with IDE

PSU:

400 Watt JeanTech Powersupply

Motherboard and others:

ECS GeForce 7050m-m V2.0 with latest flashed BIOS

AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core X64 4600+

2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 Crucial RAM (1 Stick)

Posted 11/04/2010 10:33 AM   

My system:

HDD's:

PSU:

Motherboard and others:

Posted 11/04/2010 10:33 AM   
Though ESA was a good idea by NVidia , it never really matured , you are better off to do your overclock in the Bios , as it will be more stable , and even before attempting to do it ? you will need a quality aftermarket CPU cooler .
Though ESA was a good idea by NVidia , it never really matured , you are better off to do your overclock in the Bios , as it will be more stable , and even before attempting to do it ? you will need a quality aftermarket CPU cooler .

Posted 11/04/2010 01:09 PM   

Posted 11/04/2010 01:09 PM   
The motherboard "GeForce 7050 M-M is only overclockable through software as the motherboard doesn't have overclocking settings. (No jumpers of Bios settings) that's why I used Nvidia System Tools.
The motherboard "GeForce 7050 M-M is only overclockable through software as the motherboard doesn't have overclocking settings. (No jumpers of Bios settings) that's why I used Nvidia System Tools.

My system:

HDD's:

PSU:

Motherboard and others:

Posted 11/04/2010 01:50 PM   

My system:

HDD's:

PSU:

Motherboard and others:

Posted 11/04/2010 01:50 PM   
Good luck with System Tools , they do have some good options , like teaming , and first packet , ethernet , amongst others , before you even think about overclocking ? better get a better CPU cooler , and personally ? I wouldn't recommend overclocking with that board .
Good luck with System Tools , they do have some good options , like teaming , and first packet , ethernet , amongst others , before you even think about overclocking ? better get a better CPU cooler , and personally ? I wouldn't recommend overclocking with that board .

Posted 11/04/2010 02:14 PM   

Posted 11/04/2010 02:14 PM   
Stalker I know the dangers of overclocking that's why I don't allow my processor to go over 90.C. I just ramped up my Fans to max voltage and now monitoring my Temps. Anyone know a fix for Nvidia's system tools "DevId=1420c2"? It's the reason why I'm not using system tools right now.
Stalker I know the dangers of overclocking that's why I don't allow my processor to go over 90.C. I just ramped up my Fans to max voltage and now monitoring my Temps. Anyone know a fix for Nvidia's system tools "DevId=1420c2"? It's the reason why I'm not using system tools right now.

My system:

HDD's:

PSU:

Motherboard and others:

Posted 11/04/2010 07:50 PM   

My system:

HDD's:

PSU:

Motherboard and others:

Posted 11/04/2010 07:50 PM   
There probably isn't a "fix". System tools is quite horrible in reality. And 90C is frying your CPU! An Athlon should not go over 65C in any situation, I'm surprised it hasn't started locking up on you. If your motherboard doesn't have overclocking options it probably isn't made to handle an overclock's higher temperature and voltage. You could be asking for trouble, but it's your system.
If you Nsist (see what I did there?) on using system tools, uninstall system tools and your drivers in the control panel. Reboot into safe mode and run "driver cleaner" (google it and install before you reboot) for Nvidia display drivers. Reboot into windows and reinstall the newest drivers with the newest system tools.
There probably isn't a "fix". System tools is quite horrible in reality. And 90C is frying your CPU! An Athlon should not go over 65C in any situation, I'm surprised it hasn't started locking up on you. If your motherboard doesn't have overclocking options it probably isn't made to handle an overclock's higher temperature and voltage. You could be asking for trouble, but it's your system.

If you Nsist (see what I did there?) on using system tools, uninstall system tools and your drivers in the control panel. Reboot into safe mode and run "driver cleaner" (google it and install before you reboot) for Nvidia display drivers. Reboot into windows and reinstall the newest drivers with the newest system tools.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington 1982 to 2010

Consider joining the NVIDIA USER 2 USER Forums folding team! Even letting your GPU fold 1 unit a day while you check your email and surf could be a big help. It's easy to setup, and runs in the background while your GPU isn't in use. Click here for assistance!

AMD 970 @ 4.0 * XSPC Rasa * NF980-G65 * Mushkin Blackline 1600 * 2x WD 250GB RAID 0 * Corsair 950TX

* MSI GTX 470 * EVGA GTX 470 * Antec 900

PM's for assistance/clarification are welcome.

Posted 11/05/2010 06:31 AM   

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington 1982 to 2010

Consider joining the NVIDIA USER 2 USER Forums folding team! Even letting your GPU fold 1 unit a day while you check your email and surf could be a big help. It's easy to setup, and runs in the background while your GPU isn't in use. Click here for assistance!

AMD 970 @ 4.0 * XSPC Rasa * NF980-G65 * Mushkin Blackline 1600 * 2x WD 250GB RAID 0 * Corsair 950TX

* MSI GTX 470 * EVGA GTX 470 * Antec 900

PM's for assistance/clarification are welcome.

Posted 11/05/2010 06:31 AM   
ECS do have a reputation for creating non-overclockable motherboards. After ramping my fans to max power, my system now hovers at around 35.C. I changed my CPU fan to a 80mm case fan (Heatsink size) and the 120mm fans (1 case and 1 PSU) also helps with cooling. You're right, a motherboard without overclocking settings should not be overclocked or overclocked with inadequate cooling. My HDD's are now running at 15.C. I has major concerns with my processor running in the 90's that's why I set Nvidia system tools to underclock my processor to 2.1 GHz. I've reinstalled all display drivers fresh from the ECS website and downloaded the latest system tools but the error still exists. Is there any way to disable the popup?
ECS do have a reputation for creating non-overclockable motherboards. After ramping my fans to max power, my system now hovers at around 35.C. I changed my CPU fan to a 80mm case fan (Heatsink size) and the 120mm fans (1 case and 1 PSU) also helps with cooling. You're right, a motherboard without overclocking settings should not be overclocked or overclocked with inadequate cooling. My HDD's are now running at 15.C. I has major concerns with my processor running in the 90's that's why I set Nvidia system tools to underclock my processor to 2.1 GHz. I've reinstalled all display drivers fresh from the ECS website and downloaded the latest system tools but the error still exists. Is there any way to disable the popup?

My system:

HDD's:

PSU:

Motherboard and others:

Posted 11/05/2010 08:36 AM   

My system:

HDD's:

PSU:

Motherboard and others:

Posted 11/05/2010 08:36 AM   
I guess there's no known cure for "ERROR SEEPROM (Devid=1420c2)" on Nvidia System Tools. I've downloaded the new display driver files off Nvidia's website, restarted windows into safe mode, uninstalled my display, restarted into windows and reinstalled the display with the files supplied from my download. Their's no difference. The error actually came up even without any display files installed. I have the latest direct X but cannot find anything but "Display drivers" being the cause through google.

Display: Nvidia 7050 PV / Nvidia nForce 630a

If their's no known fix, then can I report a bug in the program?
I guess there's no known cure for "ERROR SEEPROM (Devid=1420c2)" on Nvidia System Tools. I've downloaded the new display driver files off Nvidia's website, restarted windows into safe mode, uninstalled my display, restarted into windows and reinstalled the display with the files supplied from my download. Their's no difference. The error actually came up even without any display files installed. I have the latest direct X but cannot find anything but "Display drivers" being the cause through google.

Display: Nvidia 7050 PV / Nvidia nForce 630a

If their's no known fix, then can I report a bug in the program?

My system:

HDD's:

PSU:

Motherboard and others:

Posted 11/05/2010 03:50 PM   
  1 / 2