Driver 260.99 and display resolutions
  1 / 6    
Today I updated my driver to 260.99 and it has done some odd things to my resolution.

Before installing 260.99, while playing The Sims 3, the game filled out my entire screen perfectly at 1024x764 4:3 resolution in the in game settings.

I use a 22" Samsung television with a VGA cable set to 16:9 resolution.

Now ever since I updated to 260.99, the Sims 3 no longer fills out the screen beautifully and if I leave it on the 1024 resolution it looks just like a normal 4:3 computer screen but with big black bars on the left and right sides of the game even though I did not adjust any settings.

I have a GeForce 9400 GT 512 MB DDR2.

When I rolled back my driver, the game went back to looking filled out as it did before I updated, but my game was very unstable and unhappy.

Is there something I can do to make 260.99 behave the same way my previous drivers did before by filling out the whole moniter without raising the screen resolution?
Today I updated my driver to 260.99 and it has done some odd things to my resolution.

Before installing 260.99, while playing The Sims 3, the game filled out my entire screen perfectly at 1024x764 4:3 resolution in the in game settings.

Now ever since I updated to 260.99, the Sims 3 no longer fills out the screen beautifully and if I leave it on the 1024 resolution it looks just like a normal 4:3 computer screen but with big black bars on the left and right sides of the game even though I did not adjust any settings.

When I rolled back my driver, the game went back to looking filled out as it did before I updated, but my game was very unstable and unhappy.

Is there something I can do to make 260.99 behave the same way my previous drivers did before by filling out the whole moniter without raising the screen resolution?

Posted 10/29/2010 01:45 AM   

Posted 10/29/2010 01:45 AM   
Same problem here. Here is a quote from me, for more infos about my problem. I will make images tomorrow. Because the problem is not visible on screenshots, I have to bring a camera.

[quote]Hi Guys,
I've just started again Assassins Creed and realized that the PAL-bar are back. Before the latest drivers (I have not used the beta drivers) I could work around this, as I've played with the resolution 1280x720. Now the bar but are also present in this resolution. All other resolutions, the bars can not prevent ... Same problem I have in Assassins Creed 2 and Mirrors Edge. I also have the same bug in some old games in my native resolution, such as Roller Coaster Tycoon 1
and 2. Incidentally, the game Pizza Connection 2 minimized since the new driver over and over again, making it unplayable.

My default resolution is 1280x1024 (4:3) and i using a GTX 260 and i use Win7 64 vit[/quote]

Very annoying as the new driver's performance in New Fallout Vegas has much improved and we finally could play Gothic. /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />
Same problem here. Here is a quote from me, for more infos about my problem. I will make images tomorrow. Because the problem is not visible on screenshots, I have to bring a camera.

Hi Guys,

I've just started again Assassins Creed and realized that the PAL-bar are back. Before the latest drivers (I have not used the beta drivers) I could work around this, as I've played with the resolution 1280x720. Now the bar but are also present in this resolution. All other resolutions, the bars can not prevent ... Same problem I have in Assassins Creed 2 and Mirrors Edge. I also have the same bug in some old games in my native resolution, such as Roller Coaster Tycoon 1

and 2. Incidentally, the game Pizza Connection 2 minimized since the new driver over and over again, making it unplayable.

My default resolution is 1280x1024 (4:3) and i using a GTX 260 and i use Win7 64 vit

Very annoying as the new driver's performance in New Fallout Vegas has much improved and we finally could play Gothic. /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

Posted 10/30/2010 01:32 AM   

[quote]Hi Guys,

My default resolution is 1280x1024 (4:3) and i using a GTX 260 and i use Win7 64 vit[/quote]

Hi Guys,

My default resolution is 1280x1024 (4:3) and i using a GTX 260 and i use Win7 64 vit

Posted 10/30/2010 01:32 AM   
Same problem
Cant run 4:3 on my 16:9 LCD via VGA on my notebook (HDMI same problem)
After start game blackscreen and minimalize to Windows.

Now i downgrade to 257.21
Same problem

Posted 10/30/2010 09:19 AM   
Same problem

Same problem

Posted 10/30/2010 09:19 AM   
Same problem.
Games don't fill the screen any more.

They appear in a small square surrounded by black bars regardless of resolution or refresh rate.

only with 260 drivers.

Any solutions?

Any?

Hello?
Same problem.

They appear in a small square surrounded by black bars regardless of resolution or refresh rate.

only with 260 drivers.

Any solutions?

Any?

Hello?

Win 7 Ultimate
Phenom II X6
GTX 480
8 GB RAM

Posted 10/31/2010 01:42 AM   
Same problem.

only with 260 drivers.

Any solutions?

Any?

Hello?
Same problem.

only with 260 drivers.

Any solutions?

Any?

Hello?

Win 7 Ultimate
Phenom II X6
GTX 480
8 GB RAM

Posted 10/31/2010 01:42 AM   
Saaaaame here ¬¬

Nice Nvidia, i hate you!

And what really annoys me is that the performance really improved with 260.xx ...
Saaaaame here ¬¬

Nice Nvidia, i hate you!

And what really annoys me is that the performance really improved with 260.xx ...

Posted 11/01/2010 01:36 AM   
Saaaaame here ¬¬

Nice Nvidia, i hate you!

Saaaaame here ¬¬

Nice Nvidia, i hate you!

Posted 11/01/2010 01:36 AM   
Same for me, since I installed 260.99 driver on my NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS, everytime I put the resolution lower than 1200 x 800 (while playing a game or not) the image is surrounded by black bars on the sides of the screen (it is not stretched to be full screen). It seems like because my screen is not squarish (it's a notebook) the driver tries to make it square by putting black bars on both sides of the screen. I did not have this problem before I installed this driver; I could play in 800 x 600 full screen for example, the image was stretched to fill up the screen.

Does anybody have a fix?

Thanks for taking the time to help us!
Same for me, since I installed 260.99 driver on my NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS, everytime I put the resolution lower than 1200 x 800 (while playing a game or not) the image is surrounded by black bars on the sides of the screen (it is not stretched to be full screen). It seems like because my screen is not squarish (it's a notebook) the driver tries to make it square by putting black bars on both sides of the screen. I did not have this problem before I installed this driver; I could play in 800 x 600 full screen for example, the image was stretched to fill up the screen.

Does anybody have a fix?

Posted 11/06/2010 06:01 PM   

Does anybody have a fix?

Does anybody have a fix?

Posted 11/06/2010 06:01 PM   
same problem with wolf team and gunbound, and the sound in my system is bad since i buy a gtx 460, the hd audio cause interferences with my sound blaster audigy.
same problem with wolf team and gunbound, and the sound in my system is bad since i buy a gtx 460, the hd audio cause interferences with my sound blaster audigy.

Posted 11/08/2010 03:03 AM   

Posted 11/08/2010 03:03 AM   
I'm having the same issue with just one of the games I play. When I load up Combat Arms it is not being displayed in full screen. There are black edges down both sides in the lobby and in the game. Everything is fine in Modern Warfare 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and all other games I have on Steam. I just need to know what to do in Combat Arms to make it full screen. I have messed with the resolutions and what not but nothing works. Everything was fine on the previous driver...

Windows 7 (64bit)
BFG GeForce 9800 GT
I'm having the same issue with just one of the games I play. When I load up Combat Arms it is not being displayed in full screen. There are black edges down both sides in the lobby and in the game. Everything is fine in Modern Warfare 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and all other games I have on Steam. I just need to know what to do in Combat Arms to make it full screen. I have messed with the resolutions and what not but nothing works. Everything was fine on the previous driver...

Windows 7 (64bit)

BFG GeForce 9800 GT

Posted 11/10/2010 01:16 AM   
  1 / 6    
Scroll To Top