260.99 error - cannot find compatible graphics hardware
  1 / 2    
I have a ASUS G73JW-A1 with Nvidia GTX 460M. This system supports external 3d (meaning the notebook panel can't display 3D content but the system can display it on a HDMI panel). I have been using Driver CD v1.36 beta successfully since it's release. I downloaded and tried to install CD v1.37 and received the error: "The graphic driver cannot find compatible graphics hardware". In addition to uninstalling/removing the old drivers I used Driver Sweeper and ensured there were no left over files. I then tried the driver only file - 260.99_notebook_winvista_win7_32bit_international_whql and received the same error.

I have reinstalled the "beta" driver until i can find out what the problem might be.

Specs:
Intel Core i7-740QM (1.73GHz Quad-Core with Turbo Boost up to 2.93GHz)
8GB DDR3 1333MHz
1TB (500G 7200RPM x2) HDD; Blue-Ray Disk Combo Drive; 802.11 b/g/n
Nvidia GTX 460M Graphics with 1.5GB GDDR5
Windows Ultimate 64-bit Operating System
17.3-Inch Full HD (1920x1080) LED Display
I have a ASUS G73JW-A1 with Nvidia GTX 460M. This system supports external 3d (meaning the notebook panel can't display 3D content but the system can display it on a HDMI panel). I have been using Driver CD v1.36 beta successfully since it's release. I downloaded and tried to install CD v1.37 and received the error: "The graphic driver cannot find compatible graphics hardware". In addition to uninstalling/removing the old drivers I used Driver Sweeper and ensured there were no left over files. I then tried the driver only file - 260.99_notebook_winvista_win7_32bit_international_whql and received the same error.

I have reinstalled the "beta" driver until i can find out what the problem might be.

Specs:

8GB DDR3 1333MHz

Posted 10/28/2010 10:06 PM   

Specs:
8GB DDR3 1333MHz

Specs:

8GB DDR3 1333MHz

Posted 10/28/2010 10:06 PM   
Having the same problem.

I have also Asus G73JW with the same spec as BlueGW.

Tried driver version [b]260.89[/b], [b]260.99[/b] all 64bit, the same result, only beta drivers [b]260.63[/b] worked.
Then install launched it's show error [b]"The graphic driver cannot find compatible graphics hardware".[/b]

Manual upgrade also do not possible, tried, but it's just do not upgrade it.
Having the same problem.

Tried driver version 260.89, 260.99 all 64bit, the same result, only beta drivers 260.63 worked.

Then install launched it's show error "The graphic driver cannot find compatible graphics hardware".

Posted 10/30/2010 08:41 AM   
Having the same problem.

Tried driver version [b]260.89[/b], [b]260.99[/b] all 64bit, the same result, only beta drivers [b]260.63[/b] worked.
Then install launched it's show error [b]"The graphic driver cannot find compatible graphics hardware".[/b]

Having the same problem.

Tried driver version 260.89, 260.99 all 64bit, the same result, only beta drivers 260.63 worked.

Then install launched it's show error "The graphic driver cannot find compatible graphics hardware".

Posted 10/30/2010 08:41 AM   
Maybes these drivers aren't compatible with ALL Mobile platforms afterall... you do need to realize drivers for Mobile Graphics are the responsibility of the people that made them... and those people are the maker of your Laptop, NOT NVidia. NVidia only supplies the GPU itself, the Laptop maker customizes it to your system configuration, making it nearly impossible for NVidia to make drivers for ALL those possibilities.

Try a Uninstall, DriverSweeper Cleaning, followed by a reinstall... bottom line on laptops: If you find drivers that work well, KEEP'EM. I'd know ::typing on a laptop atm::
Maybes these drivers aren't compatible with ALL Mobile platforms afterall... you do need to realize drivers for Mobile Graphics are the responsibility of the people that made them... and those people are the maker of your Laptop, NOT NVidia. NVidia only supplies the GPU itself, the Laptop maker customizes it to your system configuration, making it nearly impossible for NVidia to make drivers for ALL those possibilities.

Try a Uninstall, DriverSweeper Cleaning, followed by a reinstall... bottom line on laptops: If you find drivers that work well, KEEP'EM. I'd know ::typing on a laptop atm::

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 10/30/2010 08:53 AM   

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 10/30/2010 08:53 AM   
I did clean install, it's not helped, trying modifed inf file, also did not work, only 260.63beta work fine for unknown reason. O_o
I did clean install, it's not helped, trying modifed inf file, also did not work, only 260.63beta work fine for unknown reason. O_o

Posted 10/30/2010 09:32 AM   

Posted 10/30/2010 09:32 AM   
It's the bain that is using a laptop. Sorry to hear that didn't help, mayhaps someone else will come along with another suggestion. Best of luck, keep us posted.
It's the bain that is using a laptop. Sorry to hear that didn't help, mayhaps someone else will come along with another suggestion. Best of luck, keep us posted.

Posted 10/30/2010 10:00 AM   

Posted 10/30/2010 10:00 AM   
I'm having the same problem. Tried a few driver versions and get the same error message, "No compatible hardware found." Running a desktop on XP 32-bit SP3. Abit mobo.

On a side note I uninstalled my old drivers to install direct X 9.0C.

Appreciate any suggestions.
I'm having the same problem. Tried a few driver versions and get the same error message, "No compatible hardware found." Running a desktop on XP 32-bit SP3. Abit mobo.

Posted 10/30/2010 11:49 PM   

Posted 10/30/2010 11:49 PM   
[quote name='Ascension84' date='30 October 2010 - 08:49 PM' timestamp='1288482557' post='1139696']

[/quote]

Hey folks,

I had the same issue until I found this thread. check it out. I now have .99 working thanks to this and, working well.

Cheers!

Chris
[quote name='Ascension84' date='30 October 2010 - 08:49 PM' timestamp='1288482557' post='1139696']

Hey folks,

I had the same issue until I found this thread. check it out. I now have .99 working thanks to this and, working well.

Cheers!

Chris

Posted 11/08/2010 04:56 PM   

[/quote]

Hey folks,

Cheers!

Chris

Hey folks,

Cheers!

Chris

Posted 11/08/2010 04:56 PM   
[quote name='crmacdon' date='08 November 2010 - 01:56 PM' timestamp='1289235409' post='1143465']
Hey folks,

Cheers!

Chris
[/quote]

The link would have helped, huh?!!? Sorry!!

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=183239&st=20
[quote name='crmacdon' date='08 November 2010 - 01:56 PM' timestamp='1289235409' post='1143465']

Hey folks,

Cheers!

Chris

The link would have helped, huh?!!? Sorry!!

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=183239&st=20

Posted 11/09/2010 04:42 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top