NVidia Portal: The First Slice offer
I'm obviously running NVidia as im on a Alienware m11x.
Well this offer gives me an error message saying

"Sorry, this computer does not meet the system requirements for the NVIDIA Portal: The First Slice offer"

So i go to the support site for it and it tells me

"SORRY, THIS COMPUTER DOES NOT MEET THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE OFFER.

The hardware promotion does not apply for your machine.
If you believe that you have received this message in error, please follow the instructions in the Checking DirectX Settings topic to generate a DXDIAG report."

What in gods name would this problem have to do with DirectX if its having a hardware problem? Would it be because im using DX11?

"Sorry, this computer does not meet the system requirements for the NVIDIA Portal: The First Slice offer"

If you believe that you have received this message in error, please follow the instructions in the Checking DirectX Settings topic to generate a DXDIAG report."

What in gods name would this problem have to do with DirectX if its having a hardware problem? Would it be because im using DX11?

Posted 10/24/2010 09:13 PM   

Posted 10/24/2010 09:13 PM   
How much of your hardware do you believe existed three years ago when that detection routine was written?

You should probably contact Valve on their offer - they can tell you if it's still valid, for one thing...
How much of your hardware do you believe existed three years ago when that detection routine was written?

You should probably contact Valve on their offer - they can tell you if it's still valid, for one thing...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 10/24/2010 09:48 PM   

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 10/24/2010 09:48 PM   
If its JUST Portal: The first slice that you want just find portal in the store and DL the demo.
If its JUST Portal: The first slice that you want just find portal in the store and DL the demo.

Posted 10/25/2010 03:34 PM   

Posted 10/25/2010 03:34 PM   
Scroll To Top