driver keeps crashing need help cant do anything
hello dear reader,

I am new to this forum and i am new to desktops kick ass video cards and their drivers. I have a problem wich is making me go crazy and i hope i can finally get some help, here. I have bought an acer aspire m5201 2nd hand after some issues (faulty sata cable) i got it working. and i installed windows 7 64-bit. i updated all drivers and downloaded all windows updates. But i keep encountering a flickering/flashing screen sometimes and after that the driver doesnt work anymore and has been recovered message. I know its not specifficaly this new driver cause i seen it happen before when i just bought it and i discarded that as a lack of updates.

Things ive done/tried so far:

-a full clean install as listed in the sticky how to install so im 110% sure its clean and all old things are removed
-i have updated every thing about my pc software
-ran some driver check programs and they all say i have latest drivers
-and i have a fresh and updated windows 7 ultimate
-i know card isnt overheating
- the power supply is ok

the video card i have is a OEM nvidia geforce gt120 2431 mb and as i said i have a windows 7 ultimate 64 bit version installed and updated. As additional information i would like to say that sometimes in black pieces of images or thing on a site i see "red pixels"i dont know where they come from or that they have anything to do with my problem but i thought ill say it anyway.I am a complete nooob at working with the settings for my card in the control center so maybe it's something there? I hope somebody here can help me cause it's driving me nuts and i just can't find any solution. Thank u kindly for reading my problem and i hope the one's reading this are able to help me. If there is any additional information i will provide it a.s.ap. cause i cant do anything on my pc so im checking the forums non stop /teehee.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':teehee:' />

edit: i just tried installing an old 197.xxx driver and it still gives me the same problem it happens randomly sometimes quickly a few times in a row and sometimes not for an hour or so .....and yes i am at a point where i want to snap the card in to 2
hello dear reader,

I am new to this forum and i am new to desktops kick ass video cards and their drivers. I have a problem wich is making me go crazy and i hope i can finally get some help, here. I have bought an acer aspire m5201 2nd hand after some issues (faulty sata cable) i got it working. and i installed windows 7 64-bit. i updated all drivers and downloaded all windows updates. But i keep encountering a flickering/flashing screen sometimes and after that the driver doesnt work anymore and has been recovered message. I know its not specifficaly this new driver cause i seen it happen before when i just bought it and i discarded that as a lack of updates.

-a full clean install as listed in the sticky how to install so im 110% sure its clean and all old things are removed

- the power supply is ok

the video card i have is a OEM nvidia geforce gt120 2431 mb and as i said i have a windows 7 ultimate 64 bit version installed and updated. As additional information i would like to say that sometimes in black pieces of images or thing on a site i see "red pixels"i dont know where they come from or that they have anything to do with my problem but i thought ill say it anyway.I am a complete nooob at working with the settings for my card in the control center so maybe it's something there? I hope somebody here can help me cause it's driving me nuts and i just can't find any solution. Thank u kindly for reading my problem and i hope the one's reading this are able to help me. If there is any additional information i will provide it a.s.ap. cause i cant do anything on my pc so im checking the forums non stop /teehee.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':teehee:' />

edit: i just tried installing an old 197.xxx driver and it still gives me the same problem it happens randomly sometimes quickly a few times in a row and sometimes not for an hour or so .....and yes i am at a point where i want to snap the card in to 2

Posted 10/23/2010 08:37 PM   
hello dear reader,

- the power supply is ok

hello dear reader,

- the power supply is ok

Posted 10/23/2010 08:37 PM   
Welcome to the club 260.89 is by far the worst driver. It very well could be a quality and control issue, where Nvidia driver programmers decided to do there work in mediocrity fashion with little thought and care. Now we know from experience what crappy ATI drivers are like.
Welcome to the club 260.89 is by far the worst driver. It very well could be a quality and control issue, where Nvidia driver programmers decided to do there work in mediocrity fashion with little thought and care. Now we know from experience what crappy ATI drivers are like.

Posted 10/24/2010 03:59 AM   

Posted 10/24/2010 03:59 AM   
i am beginning to wonder if its a driver problem.... cause i tried diff drivers. I am very afraid i have bought a 2nd hand pc with a toasted gfx card. but how will i know for sure if its the card ....
i am beginning to wonder if its a driver problem.... cause i tried diff drivers. I am very afraid i have bought a 2nd hand pc with a toasted gfx card. but how will i know for sure if its the card ....

Posted 10/24/2010 08:21 PM   

Posted 10/24/2010 08:21 PM   
[quote name='photon89' post='1135659' date='Oct 24 2010, 03:59 AM']Welcome to the club 260.89 is by far the worst driver. It very well could be a quality and control issue, where Nvidia driver programmers decided to do there work in mediocrity fashion with little thought and care. Now we know from experience what crappy ATI drivers are like.[/quote]

good constructive input and advise there. if you actually read the post at all you would see the OP has tried different drivers. get over yourself and stop taking every opportunity to moan about drivers. this wasnt even an opportunity anyway...

OP - it sounds like your graphics card is dead, give it a shot in another computer and if it does the same thigns then its time to get a new graphics card i am afraid
[quote name='photon89' post='1135659' date='Oct 24 2010, 03:59 AM']Welcome to the club 260.89 is by far the worst driver. It very well could be a quality and control issue, where Nvidia driver programmers decided to do there work in mediocrity fashion with little thought and care. Now we know from experience what crappy ATI drivers are like.

good constructive input and advise there. if you actually read the post at all you would see the OP has tried different drivers. get over yourself and stop taking every opportunity to moan about drivers. this wasnt even an opportunity anyway...

OP - it sounds like your graphics card is dead, give it a shot in another computer and if it does the same thigns then its time to get a new graphics card i am afraid

_ NVLDDMKM problems_ | _ problems getting a driver for a laptop graphics card_ | _What PSU do I need?_

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 August 2011 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1313055223' post='1277858']

I think Qazax is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Posted 10/24/2010 09:32 PM   
[quote name='photon89' post='1135659' date='Oct 24 2010, 03:59 AM']Welcome to the club 260.89 is by far the worst driver. It very well could be a quality and control issue, where Nvidia driver programmers decided to do there work in mediocrity fashion with little thought and care. Now we know from experience what crappy ATI drivers are like.[/quote]

[quote name='photon89' post='1135659' date='Oct 24 2010, 03:59 AM']Welcome to the club 260.89 is by far the worst driver. It very well could be a quality and control issue, where Nvidia driver programmers decided to do there work in mediocrity fashion with little thought and care. Now we know from experience what crappy ATI drivers are like.

_ NVLDDMKM problems_ | _ problems getting a driver for a laptop graphics card_ | _What PSU do I need?_

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 August 2011 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1313055223' post='1277858']

I think Qazax is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Posted 10/24/2010 09:32 PM   
[quote name='Qazax' post='1135977' date='Oct 24 2010, 11:32 PM']good constructive input and advise there. if you actually read the post at all you would see the OP has tried different drivers. get over yourself and stop taking every opportunity to moan about drivers. this wasnt even an opportunity anyway...

OP - it sounds like your graphics card is dead, give it a shot in another computer and if it does the same thigns then its time to get a new graphics card i am afraid[/quote]

thank u for taking the time to give some advice rather then moaning about how bad things are. I will indeed try something like that.
[quote name='Qazax' post='1135977' date='Oct 24 2010, 11:32 PM']good constructive input and advise there. if you actually read the post at all you would see the OP has tried different drivers. get over yourself and stop taking every opportunity to moan about drivers. this wasnt even an opportunity anyway...

thank u for taking the time to give some advice rather then moaning about how bad things are. I will indeed try something like that.

Posted 10/25/2010 12:13 PM   

OP - it sounds like your graphics card is dead, give it a shot in another computer and if it does the same thigns then its time to get a new graphics card i am afraid[/quote]

Posted 10/25/2010 12:13 PM   
Scroll To Top